[Guardian] Log analysis please and thanks!

Hi, I'm an officer of a guild and we have a new Guardian Druid backup who did a Flex Raid with us. Since we don't know much about Guardian, could anyone who's good at analyzing logs take a look for us and tell us how he's doing? The GM and I were healing, and he did not seem squishy, but on Paragons he was having trouble not getting stacks of Injection at first and we had to basically tell him to Savage Defense for it. If he's not playing well we'd like to know that and help him improve before we take him into N or H raids for backup for harder-hitting bosses. We don't know the spec very well, but it looks like he may not be spending Rage effectively?

The link: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ksgj9efoyh7e586c/

Multiple opinions appreciated, even if just to say "agree with this other guy." Thanks in advance for any help.

For those wondering the tank in question looks to be Lifeskillz judging by the logs.

First off looking at his Savage Defense up time it is WAY to low 9% for your first boss kill and 11% for the second. For both of those you would like to see about 50% at least since both tanks will always have something to tank. Try to get him to switch from using all of his rage on Frenzied Regen to Savage Defense.

Let him know that the barkskin glyph that reduces your chance to be crit by 25% is useless in PvE.

I am sure Arielle will be by later to give a more in depth look at the log but from skimming it these really stood out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoohki View Post
    For those wondering the tank in question looks to be Lifeskillz judging by the logs.
    Yes sorry, Lifeskillz on US-Mal'Ganis, armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...killz/advanced
    Thanks for feedback

- Number of Mangles is consistently lower than it should be.
    - Lacerate and Thrash uptimes appear decent, but would've been nice to see a real single target fight like Nazgrim or something.
    - Didn't use Savage Defense at all on Blackfuse, then again it is flex and doesn't hit that hard so....who knows.
    - Barkskin uptime is horrible.
    - Takes HotW for some reason and then doesn't use it at all.
    - Wayyyyyyyyyy over hit cap. Definitely needs something to replace that Vicious trinket.

For future reference: http://theincbear.com/how-to-evaluate-guardian-logs

Of course thanks for the FB and link. The pics on the link seem to not be working though.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    - Lacerate and Thrash uptimes appear decent, but would've been nice to see a real single target fight like Nazgrim or something.
    Did you look at the Garrosh attempts? Could maybe look at specific time intervals if you knew how to figure out which ones to look at? I dunno This is all we have logged of him right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Did you look at the Garrosh attempts? Could maybe look at specific time intervals if you knew how to figure out which ones to look at? I dunno This is all we have logged of him right now.
    I don't have time to go into every section of every attempt on Garrosh... but yes, you can isolate the single-target aspects. During one attempt during P2 while Garrosh can be tanked, Lacerate uptime was 99% (good) and Thrash was 40% (very bad). While that huge of an uptime spread wasn't consistent amongst every attempt, there was consistently lower uptime on Lacerate than Thrash. I didn't get into the actual number count of abilities since it really depends how you tackle the encounter, but I can at least give insight on the bleed uptimes.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-10-20 at 06:36 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Guardians shouldn't gem straight Agility. We get far more benefit from 160 Crit vs. 80 Agi. Crit + Stam in a prismatic socket, but then taking Glorious Stats is also a bit schizophrenic. It's not a million miles away, but not optimal. More worrying is that as Arielle pointed out, he didn't really use his defensive cooldowns and abilities. He did use Frenzied Regeneration a fair bit, which is decent reactive self-healing, but barely touched Savage Defense and Barkskin.
    Last edited by Tarazet; 2013-10-21 at 09:59 AM.

The pics on the link seem to not be working though.
    Dammit, right. There was a media purge and I need to re-upload images. Thanks for pointing that out.