Arcane - Spoils HC

Hi, we are starting progressing on spoils 25M HC tonight. Anyone out there whos got any tips/tricks/suggestions to share on how to approach this boss as arcane?

Thanks!

Hello. I played Arcane on that boss under progression. Just start off the fight by placing 2 runes of power in the general direction of where your tank will move under downtime. If you are on Mantid side at the start u might wanna save Hero until you reach Mogu. Just stay on 4 Arcane charges as much as u can, multidotting everything for AM procs. Don't worry about Arcane Barraging too much, Arcane missiles is going to be most of your damage. Arcane barrage is more for finnishing stuff off, clearing your stacks for mana management.

I was close to 100% mana the whole fight, basicly only using arc missiles when i have 2 procs, and on 4 stacks of Arcane Charges, fishing for more procs using Nether tempest, Arcane explosion aswell as cone of cold. The very most of your damage should be from Nether tempest though, assuming you have a nice ammount of mastery.

Here's the log for my first kill http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qb...?s=7362&e=7873.

The glyphs i was using was, Glyph of Cone of Cold, Glyph of Mana Gem and Glyph of Arcane explosion. Good luck!

Edit: If there's anything else you are wondering about, please ask.
    Last edited by Winkleslob; 2013-10-20 at 12:33 PM.

I would suggest if you are the only mage that you be on mantid side for both halves. You can spellsteal the Rage of the Empress buff off the wind wielders. This is a huge buff and will help greatly for overall raid dps. I suggest focusing them as they will also cast the tornados before they buff themselves. Also, I would save your alter time and 2nd or 3rd arcane power for the second half to help dps the green box adds and the next large add. Finally, depending on when your guild decided to use hero and if you end up going mantid for the both sides make sure you have your time warp up if possible so you can buff yourself.
    Last edited by Henzington; 2013-10-20 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Henzington View Post
    I would suggest if you are the only mage that you be on mantid side for both halves. You can spellsteal the Rage of the Empress buff off the wind wielders. This is a huge buff and will help greatly for overall raid dps. I suggest focusing them as they will also cast the tornados before they buff themselves. Also, I would save your alter time and 2nd or 3rd arcane power for the second half to help dps the green box adds and the next large add. Finally, depending on when your guild decided to use hero and if you end up going mantid for the both sides make sure you have your time warp up if possible so you can buff yourself.
    It's not steal-able, it was hotfixed on PTR.

Deleted
    You can "steal" it, but it has no effect whatsoever on your damage (despite of having the buff).

You can indeed spellsteal the buff, but it's not even meant to work on you. If you actually read the spell fully it increases the dmg of people around you - not yourself. Rage of the Empress

Deleted
    Yeah, that's what I meant, you can dispel it, but you can't steal it. As said it doesn't effect your or other players damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Vykina View Post
    Yeah, that's what I meant, you can dispel it, but you can't steal it. As said it doesn't effect your or other players damage.
    Just like purge.

Quite lame I swear why do we even have spellsteal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Henzington View Post
    Quite lame I swear why do we even have spellsteal anymore.
    Yeh, it only works as a dispel in raiding nowa days pretty much... Mage's don't bring anything to raids anymore, other than being highly mobile casters with a lot of self survival capabillities. The damage isn't even as high as i'd like it to be, especially AOE.

I would love to disagree but sadly I can't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vykina View Post
    just finished spoils progression yesterday, i found the buff worked for me. Pyro crit like 500-600k without any trinket procs(maybe some enchant proced) under the effect of the rage of the empress.
    Also 'residue' buff heals me instantly when i steal it.
    So I guess all buffs from this fight works fine with spellsteal.

It's true, it works.