Mages flying under the radar

There may be a ton of "Warrior OP, nerf!!1" threads however I find it very interesting that mages are flying under the radar at the moment. Great damage, great control (as always) and when played well great survivability as well. Perhaps the reason why is that some would argue mages have a higher "skill-cap?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, this game wouldn't be the same if Mages weren't powerful. It would probably be the one caster class I would play if I actually enjoyed casting spells.

Mages suck balls rights now. You'd know this if you didn't play a warrior.

And no, I don't play a mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Good, this game wouldn't be the same if Mages weren't powerful. It would probably be the one caster class I would play if I actually enjoyed casting spells.
    Same here. I can't play ranged classes in THIS game to save my life. I get extremely bored.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Mages suck balls rights now.
    I dont think you know that we are talking about arena pvp. Mages are top tier caster along with warlock atm

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather fight a dozen mages and locks than some mongoloid warrior

Warriors are the center of attention at the moment but dont worry soon enough they will become noticed.

It was funny that after 2 days of whining frost got 20% on ice lance. Modern mage has 1 or 2 casts per min and singing "i`m gonna icelance your asss....lalalala"

someone needs to keep warriors in check. They are out of control

Mages are strong, but they aren't overpowered by any means. Honestly, PvP for the most part is actually fairly balanced right now. Only thing I'd change given the chance is put more CC's on DR. Sheep/Fear should share DR, for example. Any 8sec CC should share DR with other 8 sec CCs, 6 sec CCs like Cyclone should share DR with other 6 sec CCs, etc. Other than that, I find PvP to be rather balanced.

Deleted
    Mages are at the level all casters should be, they are maybe one of two viable casters, the other being affliction lock.

Please, in pvp I fear more a well played lock or hunter than a mage.

Mages are very strong right now, they have just never been easy to play in arenas like warriors are atm. The changes they made to mastery made the skill floor even higher than it was before and if you are not on top of your game as a frost mage you will die in seconds against warrior teams with hunters and enhancements on their side. Because it's not easy to be a good mage, you don't see them that much. When you actually meet a gladiator level mage, they are insanely scary.

Nowadays when i meet a mage im not to worried. You can easily dispel stuff and los. Different story is with warrior or dk. Its just lame. Else its pretty balanced this season.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    Please, in pvp I fear more a well played lock or hunter than a mage.
    I guess you have never come across a good mage then

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing arena on my mage. Even undergeared I do just fine. I learned how to use alter time properly...it can have my babies. Have full procs hitting alter time and unloading everything twice is like magic :P

My only 2 complaints are mastery is boring and not overly useful. And kiting a warriors is like pulling teeth at best of times.