Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritsume View Post
    Elementary! I just did a marathon to catch up for the second season. I love Sherlock Holmes and this series does not disappoint.
    Out of interest have you seen the new BBC Sherlock series, and how does it compare?

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Out of interest have you seen the new BBC Sherlock series, and how does it compare?
    Elementary is entertaining and I quite enjoy it but Sherlock blows it out of the water. There's no comparison.

Deleted
    Not a fan of Sherlock at all. The stories are far more childish than Elementary, plus a darker atmosphere to the whole show and less relevance to the breadth of casting.

That said both the acting and characters of the principals Cumberbatch and Freeman are more convincing than Elementary's Miller and Lucy Liu (even though I really enjoy how far she's developed compared to Freeman's Watson). I guess its hard to beat that English art of understatement.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-11-21 at 03:26 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    oh BB ended? i shall give it another shot, gotta be in the right mood for it, Orphan Black is really good, i've chained watch 5 episodes without feeling I need a break.

- - - Updated - - -

oh btw.. series took a real nose dive 2nd season

Human Target - amazing first season - fell to a crap 2nd season
    True Lies - or something like that.. it just got too much
    Sword of Truth series - based on fantasy book, season 1 was matching the book kinda well, season 2 it fell to shreds, ruined the whole thing

Series that I like but i'm a bit tired of:
    Psych
    Leverage
    i'm sorry but "the Legend of the Seeker" followed the books for about 10 minutes into the first episode and then wen't its own direction completely. period. about the only thing that "followed the book" was that Richard was the seeker, Zedd was the First Wizard, and Kahlan was the mother confessor, and that they faced Darken Rahl as the bad guy. everything else was mostly fabrication and did not follow the book at all.

Good series all-around: Hannibal
    Fun: Sleepy Hollow
    Potential: Almost Human (too soon to tell)
    Mixed feelings: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2013-11-21 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeze View Post
    Not a fan of Sherlock at all. The stories are far more childish than Elementary, plus a darker atmosphere to the whole show and less relevance to the breadth of casting.
    Guess you're not a fan of the Books then? The stories are based on the original stories, updated for modern times.

I don't even know why people try to compare Elementary with Sherlock. They're entirely different, with one staying almost completely loyal to the books, while the other is just loosely based on the characters of Holmes and Watson's relationship.

They're both good, and they're both different enough that they can co-exist without any legitimate comparisons being made.

Anyway, I'm making my way through catching up on The Blacklist now that I'm done with everything but finals for this semester - it's a pretty solid show. I'm only 4 episodes in, but I'm still not entirely sure where Red's interest in Liz will be... initially I assumed related somehow, but that does not appear to be the case.

Will be watching Sleepy Hollow when time permits.