Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangvald View Post
    At 572 Combat, I can solo it with ADSB IF I get lucky on crits and procs on the pull (From stealth, with hero and pre-pot), so its not reliable yet.

Those of you that use KS on the belt, do you glyph it? Do you use it with CloS to not die on beams? Ive done it a couple of times, but I find it to unreliable, camera angles tends to screw me over when I try to get thrugh the following beam..
    I accidentally had it glyphed for a few attempts and it was really disorienting. Also, it's hard to catch back up once you get ported backwards... although you can shadowstep through lasers so there's that, but that seems like a lot of lost time. I try to line up my KS usage with when the weapon I'm killing will be going through a center opening (or just pop cloak + KS right before going through a laser). For example, we kill mines on first belt, which is the second weapon that comes out. I can get up revealing strike, slice and dice, and then pop KS. The opening in the first laser is in the center when the mines pass through it, so after I killing spree I dont even need to move--typically that weapon is dead before the second set of lasers so then I'll just pop sprint and jump off at the center.

I typically use CoS to get through the last set of lasers. Sometimes the last two sets of lasers, but you have to run infront of the weapon you're killing at some point because CoS is juuuuuust long enough to make it through two, it's safer just to run forward a bit after you pop it.

Also a note: we were playing around with kill order during progression and we tried for a few attempts to kill an electromagnet. DO NOT KILLING SPREE AN ELECTROMAGNET. I think the size of it bugged out the ability and it would port me to the weapon before or after it (and no, my cleave was not on)

10+ Year Old Account
    New Simcraft t16H is putting Subtlety as the higher DPS spec (Patchwerk): http://simulationcraft.org/541/Raid_T16H.html
    But, seriously, with all the cleave that we have now, Combat is clearly the winner...

Note! Only done 10M for mists of pandaria:

I scrapped progressing blackfuse as subtlety due to terrible luck with heroic dagger drops. 0 daggers yet, but I have HC WF fist from protectors and HC sword off from spoils. Combat bursts more on belts with my current gear and doesn't suffer that much from boss spinning around because of sawblade casts etc. Occasionally cleaving to mines or drills aswell. What comes to combat and assembly line, I propably wouldn't glyph KS. Haven't tried it, but I assume it only increases time spent off-target. What I've done is to pop KS as soon as I feel safe, then pop AR/SB/Berserking if they're up. For some belts, I don't have KS up so I'll just start nuking with AR/SB. I'm always paired with a hunter (who can do every belt), so missing an KS isn't that big of a deal.

If I had the gear, subtlety would burst more on the assembly lines but would propably be a bit more frustrating on the main platform. Choose the spec depending on your preference and current gear.

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    New Simcraft t16H is putting Subtlety as the higher DPS spec (Patchwerk): http://simulationcraft.org/541/Raid_T16H.html
    But, seriously, with all the cleave that we have now, Combat is clearly the winner...
    And simcraft said the same thing back in t14 where it was actually total garbage. Actual data shows combat can do as much single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigeri View Post
    If I had the gear, subtlety would burst more on the assembly lines but would propably be a bit more frustrating on the main platform. Choose the spec depending on your preference and current gear.
    I kind of doubt that sub would do more assuming equal weapons for both. Combat has all 3 cds up for every single belt that you can go up for. Sub you get vanish and dance every time but not SB. I do 8-11M each time as combat.

What you want to do for KS is either cloak right as you get to the second set of beams and hit it and then run through the last set with the final second of cloak or wait until the belt item's back is just out of the beams at the start and hit KS there.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2013-12-06 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inc video from kill tonight. It'll be like 25% from my POV...you get to see a blade flurry KS on the belt, and me getting pwnt by the saw blades at like 4%.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerya View Post
    Im actually doing 11-13milion per belt as combat - and tbh as u have HC wf sword go combat also.. u will have all your cds for every belt while as sub u cant have shadow blade all the time ready
    I'm still asking, because you did not answer.
    I've done pretty much 100+ tries on Blackfuse, and pulling 12 millions per belt as combat is quite impossible for me. On an excellent belt I'll do 9 millions maximum. How do you manage to do almost +50% ?
    Maybe i do it wrong. But here is how I manage my rogue on belt.

Going with 5+ CP
    Refreshing SnD if needed.
    KS right in the beginning.
    ARSB for the rest of the belt, using CoS to tunnel the weapon.

I thought I could use KS at the end, with a possibility of a higher insight. But it seems way to dangerous, i can't control it at the end, I can die to the laser.
    Any suggestion ?
    Like "don't use CD's on the boss" - "don't use CoS for the 2 first set of laser" - "be better noob" ?

as a mut rogue the guild popped hero on the 1st one
    used cds on the 2 one
    pray n the 3rd one
    cds on the 4th one

Quote Originally Posted by Kaluna View Post
    I've done pretty much 100+ tries on Blackfuse, and pulling 12 millions per belt as combat is quite impossible for me. On an excellent belt I'll do 9 millions maximum. How do you manage to do almost +50% ?

Going with 5+ CP

I thought I could use KS at the end, with a possibility of a higher insight. But it seems way to dangerous, i can't control it at the end, I can die to the laser.
    Any suggestion ?
    Like "don't use CD's on the boss" - "don't use CoS for the 2 first set of laser" - "be better noob" ?
    That's generally the correct thing to do on the belt as Combat.

Remember, if you're on the 1st belt, that with all trinkets/hero/pots/etc. it's going to die much faster, so if you look at your total damage done to the weapons, it's going to be skewed. You might be doing more than you think you are.

Depending on Insight/Trinkets/RNG and the luck of everyone else on the belt, my damage will swing between ~9.5-13m. All those things make massive differences because it's such a limited snapshot of time.

Also, I usually save CloS (if I use it), for the last couple lasers, as it's easy for me to stay within range on the first couple. And I'd rather have better uptime on the weapon at higher Insight.

Thank tou for your anwser.
    I'm not doing the first belt. Our hunter do it alone.

So I'm doing the even number belts (2-4-6 ...).
    It makes sense if you do 11-13 millions on first belt, but the regular ones ?

I'll post my logs tonight, to see if I can improve my duty belt.

Thank tou for your anwser.
    I'm not doing the first belt. Our hunter do it alone.

So I'm doing the even number belts (2-4-6 ...).
    It makes sense if you do 11-13 millions on first belt, but the regular ones ?

I'll post my logs tonight, to see if I can improve my duty belt.
    Sorry, I meant I generally do less on the first belt (this is 25M HC) than on the rest. Our first weapon dies just as it passes through the first set of lasers, so I just barely finish a Killing Spree.

Every other belt (I'm 1/3/5/7/9), I get a KS + full AR/SB.

That's why I mentioned your numbers might be skewed, but it looks like not, in this case.

Deleted

Going with 5+ CP

Any suggestion ?
    What im doing is im always doing the belts 2-4-6 and the further we have been is 6th.. So for the 1st one im going(2nd belt) got 5 cp ready to refresh SnD and im tryint to have green insight so after 1-2 ss ill have yellow then pop KS following by AR - SB (at this belt im usually doing bewteen 9-11+ milion) on the 2nd one (4th) i stop dps on the boss 2-3sec be4 go to the belt so my AoC will not proc so i can have it at the belt.. For the 3rd one (6th one) trying to have yellow insight.. Thats what im doing.. Usually my dmg is bewteen minimum 8.5-9m - max 12-13(if im lucky and the harrom trinket proc)

10+ Year Old Account

3:00 minutes in is the 3rd belt (my second belt). If you watch my action bar you can see move for move what I do. We overkill the belt with 5 each time, otherwise I could definitely snag some more belt damage. Sadly I'm taking some time away from the game to focus on my career, so no PoVs of Paragons or Garrosh ):

for 10man i can allways solo the first one.

with hero trinket and pot it shouldnt ever be a problem, i even save KS on the first one as i can KS the boss AsAp after belt an still have it up for belt 3.

from there it realy depends on how your group plays it, if you see your AoC coming off CD on belt 3 or 5 you can try to solo that too with Potion, i havent pulled it off without though(might be possible with crit and maingauch luck), atleast in my current gear.

if you do want to solo a later belt, what i found was the way to go, was to get to Moderate isight on the boss, Sinister strike twiche(if your target will be #1 on the line), i build cds after that with expose armor and SS to refresh the buff right before you go up. depending on wich weapon your killing you might have to refresh insight on the first weapon or not. Then i snd with boss cps or redirected cps (i dont care too much about redirect/anticipation too much here) PoT and get expose armor on the weapon and pop KS with blades followed by arush.

you should be in deep insight for allomst the entire duration, and even if KS blades is kind of stupid in terms of cd allinement, it acctualy pulls of better burst than arush blades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Raer- View Post

3:00 minutes in is the 3rd belt (my second belt). If you watch my action bar you can see move for move what I do. We overkill the belt with 5 each time, otherwise I could definitely snag some more belt damage. Sadly I'm taking some time away from the game to focus on my career, so no PoVs of Paragons or Garrosh ):
    I have to ask, what addon is that with the countdown on the weapon (could see the 5 ? Would be realy nice to know for sure how long we have left before the weapon is to far in to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangvald View Post
    I have to ask, what addon is that with the countdown on the weapon (could see the 5 ? Would be realy nice to know for sure how long we have left before the weapon is to far in to die.
    Depends on which part you're talking about, there are 5 PoVs and 5 different UIs. If it's right at 3:00-3:10 it's BigWigs.

Deleted
    I made this thread, here's my vid btw. Rogue pov http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP5lreD_JTw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Raer- View Post
    Depends on which part you're talking about, there are 5 PoVs and 5 different UIs. If it's right at 3:00-3:10 it's BigWigs.
    Yes, I was talking Rogue PoV, sorry! It shows up at 3:43-ish.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's BigWigs timer for the next belt group.