Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Does it get better than this? LoL

I am levelling my account up and ive got to lv27 now and every single pvp game for the last 4-5 levels has had 1 person afk or 1 person feeding or 1 person not getting mid as they said it second going mad and mid anyway..

Point is do people take it more serious in ranked? As if it is like this still I think I am better off to just stop playing now.

I am having to level mainly through v AI.

my profile if it makes any difference
    http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/41799661#history

Don't play against AI, jeesus people do that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    I am levelling my account up and ive got to lv27 now and every single pvp game for the last 4-5 levels has had 1 person afk or 1 person feeding or 1 person not getting mid as they said it second going mad and mid anyway..

Point is do people take it more serious in ranked? As if it is like this still I think I am better off to just stop playing now.

Ranked at first will be slightly better at best than normal lvl 30 games. Once you reach semi-decent rank like mid silver it should gradually become better and better.

Hm I don't play ranked so I woudn't know about that, but I'm lvl30 and I usually don't get trolls or afkers in games... worst I get sometimes is the guy who wanted mid, but someone else called it first or whatever, and goes "Well I guess we'll have to go 2 in mid" and retarded stuff like that, but it's not the u sual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Don't play against AI, jeesus people do that?
    I get around 300xp per win v ai and mostly its over in 20 mins or less and 100% win, Doing pvp levelling and getting the trolls and stuff sometimes im getting like 80xp for 40 min games.

Deleted
    I play ranked games most of the time (platinum atm) and I can't complain, some trolls/afk here and there but they are quite rare.
    From my experience it depends on the league you are in, bronze/silver is a pain in the ***, I "helped" a friend get his gold last week, it was a troll fest all the way.

If you want to have a decent experience playing LoL, don't queue for normal games (people can troll/leave/afk and they'll never get banned, reports won't matter), and be decend at ranked, if you get to gold you should be safe.

Deleted
    Yeah... Gotta agree it's a terrible experience. Doing some normal games to test champs that I've never played at the moment and every game is a colossal trollfest of the worst caliber.

Ranked is ALOT better, even from Silver IV to Silver II which my experience is limited to. The frustration when a game is thrown by a lonely troll is greater in ranked though. Albeit a rarer event.

u need better runes, champion pool, role select, good mechanics b4 enter ranked

Will be missed ~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvhooya View Post
    u need better runes, champion pool, role select, good mechanics b4 enter ranked
    Dude what are you replying to? Did you even read the first post?

Roll Dota2 instead.
    It's more varied and people behave way better.
    Will take you a bit to get used to, though, since there's more tactics in that game ^^
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Dude what are you replying to? Did you even read the first post?
    He's right though.

His post was completely out of any kind of context.. But I feel like it's important to let the OP know, that he shouldn't jump into ranked ASAP.

@OP:
    It does get better. I rarely play normal games (I only play Ranked), but I don't experience too much trolling when I do play normals.
    As for Ranked, it's a lot better. In my experience, you have to get past Silver though. If you then treat people with respect and respect the pick order, etc, you'll find a lot less trolls there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YOU'RE FUCKED. (Yes, it's my forums, I'm allowed to do that)

I get around 300xp per win v ai and mostly its over in 20 mins or less and 100% win, Doing pvp levelling and getting the trolls and stuff sometimes im getting like 80xp for 40 min games.
    you only get such exp with exp boost, which is most likely your 1st win of the day. The problem with leveling vs AI is that if this is your 1st account, you will most likely suck once you hit lvl 30. Why? you have barely any experience vs other players.

no experience -> bad plays because of lacking experience -> people get mad at you -> ???

If I where you, I would spam blind pick till lv 30 and then move on to normal draft. You could start doing normal draft before lvl 30 but the qeue time kinda sucks.
    blind pick lvl 30 is full with bad people (mid or feed) so that's why I suggest normal draft till your ready for ranked.

you will still meet the occasional troll/toxic player, but ignore button will be your best friend during those times.

EDIT: like some others said, don't dive straight into ranked.
    Last edited by gildra; 2013-10-21 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for the replies guys appreciate it,

I don't intend to jump into ranked the moment I hit 30 I was just wondering if even in ranked is it quite as toxic as it is now.

It's not about ..xp, it's about playing the game against people, I got bored with the AI after playing the prologue, never did I do a single "coop vs AI" and the entire concept baffles me. LoL is a very competitive pvp and it..revolves around pvp, there is nothing if not pvp. Who'd wanna play against an extremely stupid AI in a game like LoL?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    It's not about ..xp, it's about playing the game against people, I got bored with the AI after playing the prologue, never did I do a single "coop vs AI" and the entire concept baffles me. LoL is a very competitive pvp and it..revolves around pvp, there is nothing if not pvp. Who'd wanna play against an extremely stupid AI in a game like LoL?
    Because the levelling process via pvp is absolutely horrid, The whole reason of my post was is the player base so bad once you have levelled and playing ranked.

I don't expect to win every single game all the way to 30 don't get me wrong but at the moment nearly every game is 1 afk, 1 feeder and maybe another trying a new champ for the first time so its 5 v 2.5 not 5v5.

I would be happy if it was just an unlucky streak of say an hour but it isn't it is 9 games out of 10.

Even though slightly unrelated to your post, all I'd say is get used to that feeling as when you start ranked it wont get any better. The worst thing you can do is have that kind of attitude to your losses in ranked though. Ofc it will happen and ofc it will suck but on average those feeders/newbs/trolls/afk's will happen for and against you 50/50 of the time so if you are performing well you'll rise eventually.

Main thing that helped me get high Plat was to take every game and every mistake personally and not blame anyone at all (even if it was mostly or completely their fault).

Btw where in Devon do you live? :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroDan View Post
    Even though slightly unrelated to your post, all I'd say is get used to that feeling as when you start ranked it wont get any better. The worst thing you can do is have that kind of attitude to your losses in ranked though. Ofc it will happen and ofc it will suck but on average those feeders/newbs/trolls/afk's will happen for and against you 50/50 of the time so if you are performing well you'll rise eventually.

Main thing that helped me get high Plat was to take every game and every mistake personally and not blame anyone at all (even if it was mostly or completely their fault).

Btw where in Devon do you live? :>
    If it is a case of getting used to it I will just stop playing it lol, Not worth the stress

I've moved to Dorset now mate, Live in Lyme Regis

You get raging lunatics that will dramatically surrender 1/4 multiple times per game at any elo, welcome to LoL!

Because the levelling process via pvp is absolutely horrid, The whole reason of my post was is the player base so bad once you have levelled and playing ranked.

I don't expect to win every single game all the way to 30 don't get me wrong but at the moment nearly every game is 1 afk, 1 feeder and maybe another trying a new champ for the first time so its 5 v 2.5 not 5v5.

I would be happy if it was just an unlucky streak of say an hour but it isn't it is 9 games out of 10.
    i agree that leveling to 30 is a tedious process and pvp losses only make it worse, but it is worth mentioning that in pvp games there is a good chance that the enemy team is also being weighed down by the same terrible players.

its still irritating but at least it tends to even the scales.

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Ranked at first will be slightly better at best than normal lvl 30 games. Once you reach semi-decent rank like mid silver it should gradually become better and better.
    What the hell are you talking about? I keep losing promotion to Diamond on an account because people leave or start the game saying:
    "Lol I don't need this win so you shouldn't win anyway"
    "My net is going to act up guys and I'll get DC'd every 2 minutes" -why do you play then?- "WELL I LIKE THE GAME DOESN"T MATTER IF WE LOOSE I WANT TO HAVE FU *DC's*"
    I gave up playing on that account because I mostly get Diamond 5 people that want to keep other from breaching Plat to Diamond.

I'm playing my EUNE account now that I used to help a friend (I lost intentionally in the pre-season because it wasn't supposed to carry into the season but it did...) and I started at shit MMR. I only had trolls from Silver 2 to Gold 3...

Something magical happened these past days... I was gold 5 a few days ago and I played and tried to calm people down when we were losing. And it somewhat worked. Here's a picture of my history (lolking is down):

TL;DR - Make compromises, don't argue in pick screens, call when wards are put down/expire, buy wards whatever you play. I' the person that would least believe in this but it seems it has chances to work.

That and catch enemies in the jungle because they will be arrogant if they are fed and stop playing as a team... no matter how fed one is, he won't take out 5 people.