Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    That's only the case if you want Spirit as your profession bonus. At SoO gear levels, it's unlikely that you will. Think of it like this. Darkweave Embroidery is worth +750 Spirit averaged out over uptime, but -180 INT (because it replaces the standard cloak enchant). INT is better than Spirit by at least a 2:1 ratio. If it wasn't, we wouldn't primarily be gemming INT over Spirit. Losing the regular cloak enchant can be considered the same as losing 360 SPI off the 750 that it gives you (and is probably realistically more).

That puts the effective gain from Darkweave to only +390 Spirit, which is actually WORSE than Alchemy about even with JC, and only half as good as BS, if your goal was to get Spirit/regen from your profession bonus. Tailoring was a strong profession back in T14, when regen was a primary limiting factor, and you would want to maximize Spirit, even at the loss of INT. Now that generally no one needs 20,000+ Spirit, it's pretty lacking as a profession, because the INT cloak enchant option is mediocre.
    I fear you have a point on the replacing int matter and the int stacking, though numbers are a little skewed. I just looked on my logs and I had 27.4% uptime on Darkglow buff on the sole fight I healed this lockout which is approximately equivalent to 822 spirit, but it could go to a theoretically maximum of 900 spirit.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x.../1/?s=73&e=609

Given that it is replacing a 180 int enchant and that they are roughly worth 2:1, on that fight it was a 462 spirit bonus, sometimes could go to a 540 spirit bonus.

That is *close* to alchemy perk, however alchemy perk for spirit means flasking spirit which is a big NO since you can gem on a 2:1 ratio. So based on the premise of stacking stats, alchemy perk for spirit (480 spirit over 320 int) is actually a loss.

I guess we can treat the matter just like hit caps for DPS specs, spirit takes priority over int until the 'raid is alive' threshold. There is indeed no beating BS for secondaries though.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKroth View Post
    I fear you have a point on the replacing int matter and the int stacking, though numbers are a little skewed. I just looked on my logs and I had 27.4% uptime on Darkglow buff on the sole fight I healed this lockout which is approximately equivalent to 822 spirit, but it could go to a theoretically maximum of 900 spirit.
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/x.../1/?s=73&e=609

Given that it is replacing a 180 int enchant and that they are roughly worth 2:1, on that fight it was a 462 spirit bonus, sometimes could go to a 540 spirit bonus.

That is *close* to alchemy perk, however alchemy perk for spirit means flasking spirit which is a big NO since you can gem on a 2:1 ratio. So based on the premise of stacking stats, alchemy perk for spirit (480 spirit over 320 int) is actually a loss.

I guess we can treat the matter just like hit caps for DPS specs, spirit takes priority over int until the 'raid is alive' threshold. There is indeed no beating BS for secondaries though.
    I had tailoring until mid way through T15, and my average Darkglow uptime was about 25%, which is where I was getting the 750 average number from. Regardless, I don't really see there being very much gain from Darkglow. Even at the +462 Spirit number (which I think was good RNG and a little high), you are only really gaining about 140 Spirit (less than half a Spirit gem) in over budget stat allocation, and if you wouldn't be using pure Spirit gems anyway, it's probably actually a loss.