Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is our Blood DK's DPS so low?

We're having major issues with his DPS while progressing on Normal Siegecrafter. He simply can't kill the boss fast enough. Sadly due to a miscommunication we do not have logs for tonight, but here is his armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...cperses/simple

I'm not really looking for specific details of course, but any guidance on how to actually do DPS on these adds would be appreciated. He is dragging the adds through the missiles and saw blades, but it's just not enough. He's doing 70K dps and getting the add to about 30% when the next one spawns.

So, what should a Blood DK do to maximize damage?

well hard to tell just from his armory, really need logs.
    1) is he positioning the adds in the the saw blades and shit? those kill them. not him.
    2) do you have other logs?
    3) he shouldn't be trying to balance his dodge and parry rating. Just go parry. He has way too much dodge rating.
    4) use fallen crusader enchant.
    5) if he's not dying, use dps cloak.
    6) if your healers have no trouble keeping him up, he could lower his mastery to parry

10+ Year Old Account
    The real question is how many stacks of boss debuff (Electrostatic Charge) he has when he's killing the shredder? It should be 3, if he still has problem, he can take 4-5 stacks with cds, then the add will just melt.

Simply dragging them through sawblades isnt enough - they must be stood in them, which also requires the rest of the raid to position them properly . For magnet phase the adds can be tanked in fire which works judt as fine as sawblades if he doesnt alow the debuff to drop from the add (stacking fire dmg) Also make sure the tank going for adds gets 3 stacks of the electro-something debuff before swapping, that helps on the add dps too

First of all REGEM and re enchant whole gear. He can use Ask Mr robots site to do so. So he can actually gain dps from riposte

Quote Originally Posted by Eyewitness View Post
    First of all REGEM and re enchant whole gear. He can use Ask Mr robots site to do so. So he can actually gain dps from riposte
    the difference isn't as massive as you're making it out to be.
    It's more of a problem with their strategy.

I am going by your guilds Malkorok kill (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/hhhzd...=13238&e=13514)

His disease uptime is low.
    He is over the hit and expertise cap (being over on expertise is slightly helpful, being over on hit is useless)
    He is not using Soul Reaper.
    AMS usage for getting RP is very low.
    He is not using Dancing Rune Weapon at all.
    Currently he is spec'd for Blood Tap, but it does not appear he is using it at all, thus just wasting it. I would advise him to switch to Runic Corruption instead, this will allow him to focus on other areas of his gameplay without also having to work in Blood Tap use. (less button bloat)

Once again, these are observations from just on Malkorok, but if what he is doing on that fight is any indication on other fights, then the above information should help him out quite a bit.
    Last edited by Eklypto; 2013-10-21 at 01:28 PM.

Building off of Chaac.

From looking at that log, and comparing it with one from this week (mind you our pally tank died 2 times this fight, so I was solo tanking for a bit)
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=8631&e=8917

Our fights were only 11 seconds apart in kill time, and here's what I see.
    Our single encounter was longer, but he used quite a few less death strikes, rune strikes, and more blood boils. All that together is a pretty hefty damage toll. His dot up time is 80% and 40%?! How, you are standing there and fighting it the whole time, you don't just let them fall off, plus he had way more BB's than me, I just don't understand that one.
    As said before he is not using soul reaper enough from that single encounter. From my experience on blackfuse I normally will hit soulreaper at 45% ish on the bot, and it will be about that low when it death from above's. It comes down and almost gets 1 shot by the proc of my soul reaper.

Try and make sure your ranged are positioning 2-3 blades close for the bot, but honestly it is still very doable without any environmental effects.

Here is a build I think might work for him as far as his dps goes, it certainly has helped me to drop some mastery.
    https://i.imgur.com/r7SSjdE.png
    It will drop him more in line for hit rating, his expertise on gear is really hard to get rid of, but this will keep him at 153% mastery, which is pretty solid.
    He'd also gain 6.3% parry, which is substantial to riposte gains.
    The breakdown goes as follows.
    Change to rune of the fallen crusader, change to dodge on bracers, reforges are seen there.
    Gems are Red: Flashing (Parry), Purple: Defender's(parry+stam), Orange: Stalwart (Parry+Dodge), and of course 2 JC stams.
    You can see an example of the build in my signature below VV

Ive been off-tanking this for the past couple weeks, and my blood skills aren't all that great, but so long as I have 3 stacks of the debuff there is no problem killing the add even without saw blades/fire. If he only has 2 stacks he will really have to push all the DPS he can and position the add in the blades (which is dependent upon the ranged DPS putting them >30 meters away from the boss) in order to kill it in time and will still probably require ranged DPS help.

He has 3 stacks. I'll talk to him about the reforging and such.

Still, would any of you kind people be willing to give me like a priority guide for maxing DPS? Something concrete I can take to him.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    1) is he positioning the adds in the the saw blades and shit? those kill them. not him.
    Have Blood DKs really fallen so far behind that they have to rely on sawblades to kill those adds o0?

I'd suggest reading through some of the forum post here, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nting-more-DPS
    We've gone pretty in depth in that forum for what stat prioritization. There are some in there saying haste is the way to go, but it's not, the vast majority you'll see say avoidance builds with maybe 2k haste, and a decent amount of mastery will keep you alive, and this type of build will vastly increase your damage. Keeping your dots up is important, as well as maximizing your rune regent talent with rune strike, the rest is all up to him just getting the most out of his DS use, and decent use of soul reapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    He has 3 stacks. I'll talk to him about the reforging and such.

Still, would any of you kind people be willing to give me like a priority guide for maxing DPS? Something concrete I can take to him.
    Keep diseases up
    Soul Reaper (starting from ~35-40% hp)
    Do not cap FU runes (=> DS if you're close to)
    Do not cap RP (=> RS if you're close to)
    DS
    RS
    HS
    DnD from CS

Thank you for that. One thing - What is CS?

I apologize for my ignorance and I really appreciate all you guys' help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Have Blood DKs really fallen so far behind that they have to rely on sawblades to kill those adds o0?
    No dk damage is not the bad. I don't even put them in saw blades or fire I don't need to. I've tanked most of the bosses in SoO normal in full dps gear so far and I haven't had a problem with the damage income. Now this might not be viable for heroic bit for normals I'm fine. I think I'm somewhere around 163% mastery and 27 parry. Now my main spec is frost so I have crit gems in my gear, but I out dps out pally tank. I even dps some of the dps on most fights. With the right stats blood can do a lot of damage.
    Last edited by Positions; 2013-10-21 at 04:58 PM.

CS= Crimson Scourge

Its a built in Blood DK proc chance on hits that makes your next Blood Boil or Death and Decay cost no runes.

10+ Year Old Account

Crimson scourge
    Beat me to it lol

Thanks for your help everyone. Seriously, you guys are awesome. I tried posting on the Warrior forums a few weeks ago and it was miserable. I'm positive everything you've posted here will be a great help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    well hard to tell just from his armory, really need logs.

Nope. On our last kill the sawblades only did 8% of the total damage to the adds and we tank them in those permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Auk View Post
    Nope. On our last kill the sawblades only did 8% of the total damage to the adds and we tank them in those permanently.
    Exactly this. I can understand gear being a hindrance with killing the shredders, but at my gear level (Blood gear @ 561) I can kill the shredder even with only 2 stacks shortly after it casts Death from Above, which leaves me with still 20-30secs left on debuff/buff. I don't even tank them in the blades.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e=4741#Eklypto