Budget gaming PC help ($700~)

I threw together some parts that I'd be able to use to run WoW at a decent quality, while being able to upgrade over time as I get some spare cash. My goal would be to play WoW as well as WildStar and other games in between, while staying around 700.

I don't need to max everything out right now (Hopefully this can max WoW out, though) I just want to be able to enjoy the graphics of new games.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Rnfb

That's what I have so far. I was hoping someone could take a look and see if that's a decent build for the price, and if it would be open to upgrades without having to do a major overhaul.

edit: I also found an HD 7950 for a little bit more, but I'm not sure if the card manufacturer is reliable.
    http://us.ncix.com/products/?usaffil...X&promoid=1313

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, the firewall here at work is blocking your second link... but am I right in thinking from the link text that the brand is XFX?

If so, and the price difference won't kill you, I'd go for the 7950. More powerful card, and iirc XFX cards come with a lifetime replacement warranty, which is nice.

Here is what I came up with. It's been a while since I've done this but I think it's a little better than what you posted.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Rqfk

Quote Originally Posted by jholdaway View Post
    Here is what I came up with. It's been a while since I've done this but I think it's a little better than what you posted.
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Rqfk
    You forgot the cooler

Bit on the high-end, but it should keep you pumping for quite some time. If you need a OS lemme know and I can tweak the build or if it's a bit much for ya.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.46 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Raidmax ATX-248NWU (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case ($23.25 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra R2 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($48.00 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $746.63
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-21 10:00 EDT-0400)
    Last edited by tielknight; 2013-10-21 at 02:07 PM.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    You forgot the cooler

Bit on the high-end, but it should keep you pumping for quite some time. If you need a OS lemme know and I can tweak the build or if it's a bit much for ya.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($68.46 @ NCIX US)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($189.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Raidmax ATX-248NWU (Black/Blue) ATX Mid Tower Case ($23.25 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Fractal Design Integra R2 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($48.00 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $746.63
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-21 10:00 EDT-0400)

This looks perfect, thanks a lot. I've got an OS so everything else is covered. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like the HD 7950 sold out for the price below 200. Unfortunately the original price sets me back a bit too much. What would be a decent alternative card?

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    This looks perfect, thanks a lot. I've got an OS so everything else is covered. Thanks again.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like the HD 7950 sold out for the price below 200. Unfortunately the original price sets me back a bit too much. What would be a decent alternative card?
    A HD 7870 should work for you and it runs about $180 with a $30 rebate and still performs good.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.