Poll: Would you like a refined Wintergrasp type PvP zone in next expansion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just to point out, as a lot of people don't realise, WG is now a level 90 Area, so you can still do it if you want, It would be cool if was more widely known, as when I go it's like 2v2 lol, But I would love another new one, definitely

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Just to point out, as a lot of people don't realise, WG is now a level 90 Area, so you can still do it if you want, It would be cool if was more widely known, as when I go it's like 2v2 lol, But I would love another new one, definitely
    Didn't realize that! Good to know.

No, I prefer Mists' World Bosses rather than the gated-behind-PvP-zone bosses. They're essentially the same, since you still have to combat and contest the other faction for access to them, but I've enjoyed the world bosses more than WG and TB.

Wintergrasp would have been even better with CRZ technology for balancing. They should bring something like it back again.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Big battles are definitely popular, but tough to properly make and balance.

Most common issues are FPS drops, lag spikes and nearly unbalance-able sides (especially when one outnumbers the other).

10+ Year Old Account
    Why limit it to just 2 sides? Why not all out server vs server, faction vs faction 4 way bananza. Or, to perhaps balance factions a little. Battlegroup vs Battlegroup (again split between factions) in some sort of all out 4 way massacre of FPS reducing proportions?

Tol Barad was fucking filthy garbage and I can't believe someone was paid to design it; but Wintergrasp on the other hand had some potential.

I'd like to see it either reformatted, or just a WG-styled thing made for the next expansion that puts MUCH less emphasis on the vehicle combat. Too many games of WG were lost because my faction rolled out the siege tanks just to run around like assholes and try chasing down single players and stuff instead of attacking the walls; so I am NOT a fan of the siege gameplay unless they make it so you can run bombs to the walls or -something- that alleviates having to deal with people who waste your precious tanks on doing nothing and make everyone lose.

Also, it SHOULD NOT be tied to a loot-boss raid. I do not like that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Tol Barad was fucking filthy garbage and I can't believe someone was paid to design it; but Wintergrasp on the other hand had some potential.

I'd like to see it either reformatted, or just a WG-styled thing made for the next expansion that puts MUCH less emphasis on the vehicle combat. Too many games of WG were lost because my faction rolled out the siege tanks just to run around like assholes and try chasing down single players and stuff instead of attacking the walls; so I am NOT a fan of the siege gameplay unless they make it so you can run bombs to the walls or -something- that alleviates having to deal with people who waste your precious tanks on doing nothing and make everyone lose.

Also, it SHOULD NOT be tied to a loot-boss raid. I do not like that at all.
    I liked TB more than WG as an actual PvP zone. However, I imagine WG is more interesting for most PvE'rs because it's really just PvSiege + PvWall.

TB suffered from the same flaw Battle for Gilneas does-

A three-point capture zone is stupid.