Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronburggundy View Post
    FFXIV also seems to do a good job at scaling for lower level content.

I would honestly love nothing more than to do a 40 man molten core again with all scaled down gear. I think I would literally cry.
    Oh, you'd cry alright.

That's awesome. I hope it gives rewards, because it would be much nicer to have the option of doing ANY dungeon instead of just the max level ones repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    This is exactly the feature I didn't like in GW2. It sounded awesome at first, but in reality it's abysmal imo. Example: no matter how much gear you acquire you will never contribute much to a dungeon/raid group no matter how much gear you have acquired. I've been a witness in a lot of GW2 dungeons where groups fail and fail and fail and they do have the gear. Imagine if 99% of the success in WoW depended on player skill rather than gear.
    You hit the nail IMO.

I hate scaling in MMO's.

I WANT to feel powerful in old content.

Also, Blizzard killed off leveling anyway. Who even needs help anymore in the quick and dumbed down leveling process?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been hinted towards for so long now, that it's not that surprising.

Going to be awesome, as long as it is an option and not requirement. of course. Still want to be able to boost friends if they would rather want that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't bother reading all 20 pages of this, but has someone posted this info on official forums?

If not, we should get a thread going....see if we can get a blue response. Couldn't hurt to try, right?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

If it works like it did in EQ2 then it would be loads of fun.

I honestly hope for both cases:

1. Being able to scale down to the instances level, for some "old school" running of 5man/raids - and to join your low lvl friends in some instanced adventures.

2. Scale all the old instances/raids UP to max level, with various loot rewards appropriate for max level - so folks can enjoy a max lvl challenge in old awesome places, while still progressing their gear/points.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    This is exactly the feature I didn't like in GW2. It sounded awesome at first, but in reality it's abysmal imo. Example: no matter how much gear you acquire you will never contribute much to a dungeon/raid group no matter how much gear you have acquired. I've been a witness in a lot of GW2 dungeons where groups fail and fail and fail and they do have the gear. Imagine if 99% of the success in WoW depended on player skill rather than gear.
    Indeed, that would be too good to be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Great find, I really hope this is true.

They told us they were working on this experimentally during Cata's beta. I would love to see it happen for playing with friends, but also for instance questing in low level zones with an end game character but still feeling like I'm accomplishing something and not one shotting everything in sight.

I have a feeling it will only work in instances though.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They've said on and off that they want to add level downscaling since Cata was revealed. What better time than along with the new RAF in 5.4.1?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    You accidentally a new feature?

If this is real, how come there aren't 100334303^43 other threads about this, like every time something even remotely interesting is found?

Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    You accidentally a new feature?

If this is real, how come there aren't 100334303^43 other threads about this, like every time something even remotely interesting is found?
    There's a few confirmations, I will confirm also I tested this the day this thread popped up.

It worked no matter what lfd queue we used, and we got into gear scaled stratholme and hellfire ramparts. For some reason RFC didn't work but I did try going into a raid first that time (just for testing sake), so may have screwed it.

Gems could do with a bit more work if they want to get this accurate... for example legendary cloak:
    Gives 3 stats of 900 (ish)
    Haas 1 gem slot for 150

In stratholme these became 3 stats of 4, and 1 gem slot of 6. Now it's not a big issue since these dungeons are generally pretty faceroll for your gear and spell set anyway.

It's worth mentioning Ascendance did NOT work in these dungeons. It would go on cd for both another shaman and I but it wouldn't actually put you in ascendance. Every other spell we shouldnt have yet was working that I tried.

The reason I imagine it's not a natural bug to find is it's so convoluted. Who just sits in a LFD dungeon so long while their friend enters another dungeon normally?

Oh but flask of insanity should be fixed and it would be nice if you could eat the feasts you place. Food appeared to scale perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Just tried it, works like magic

Odd thing is that my divine light worked (lv 54 skill) in maraudon (scaled to lv 43)

Imagine this scenario, you have a guildie/friend that wants to do an instance, only he is level 56 and you don't have any alts to go with him, but you really want to join him. You can boost him, but that isn't all too good xp and not to mention boring as fuck for both of you. So you have to option do queue with him and get downscaled to that ilvl. Now imagine you're friend getting an XP boost buff because a higher level friend is joining him. And you get something like rep, coins, VP, or any other currency that might be usefull. Maybe even some decent vanity items.

I think this system is full of potential, games have done it before successfully. Don't see a reason why Blizzard shouldn't implement this!

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Just tried it, works like magic

Odd thing is that my divine light worked (lv 54 skill) in maraudon (scaled to lv 43)
    Yeah, in Rift you keep all of your abilities, they just reduce your stats/ilvl to the level the content is at. Which imo is a good thing...I can't imagine how annoying it would be to have to adjust your keybinds/macros every time you wanted to complete lower level content. >.<
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-10-24 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oziriz View Post
    Imagine this scenario, you have a guildie/friend that wants to do an instance, only he is level 56 and you don't have any alts to go with him, but you really want to join him. You can boost him, but that isn't all too good xp and not to mention boring as fuck for both of you. So you have to option do queue with him and get downscaled to that ilvl. Now imagine you're friend getting an XP boost buff because a higher level friend is joining him. And you get something like rep, coins, VP, or any other currency that might be usefull. Maybe even some decent vanity items.

I think this system is full of potential, games have done it before successfully. Don't see a reason why Blizzard shouldn't implement this!
    Totally agree, they should also cross it over to raids and bring back the weekly raid quest like we had in Dalaran during WOTLK.

Well, purple gear, full of gems, perfect itemization and full spellbook will make you much more stronger than an average toon on that ilvl.

That said, I believe one could actually power level someone else running dungeons, smth that can't be done as of today because the way the exp is split when levels differ too much.

That is a hell of a win, you could run SW stockade on your main BiS heroic gear 5x/hour levelling your friend's alt.
    You could sell it. He/she could level your alt's in return.

Still looks fun. Might be challenging to run solo on some specs. Imagine if you could level your friend using a legendary-level-scaling weapon? Maybe not so challenging actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Yeah, in Rift you keep all of your abilities, they just reduce your stats/ilvl to the level the content is at. Which imo is a good thing...I can't imagine how annoying it would be to have to adjust your keybinds/macros every time you wanted to complete lower level content. >.<
    Don't remind me about this in FF14 its a pain losing abilities almost makes it not worth doing the dungeons.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.