Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    It's a damn shame they come with this fuction when they've already destroyed the atmosphere in the old dungeons. Strat/scholo/SM/SFK etc etc aren't the same anymore with their "wotlk/cata" vibe. Would've enjoyed running the old SFK as my daily hc for example but doing the newer versions will be absolutely boring since those dungeons just feel empty now.
    Oh noes an endlessly changing mmo changed! It may be boring for you but these redesigns weren't done for those who want to live in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it's an option to have gear scaling, I am all for this. I don't want this to remove the option for my max levels to smash old raids/dungeons because sometimes that's what I feel like doing to relax after a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Spells are already being scaled by level, and they're also getting scaled whenever you do stuff on the PTR or challenge modes. Different levels of spells haven't been in the game since Wrath I believe.
    Been in the game since Vanilla too.

Remember when you had to train for Heroic strike level 7? Oh man, dat nostalgia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrayFox View Post
    And holy crap man, get your GW2 blinded fan attitude out of here, if you like GW2 better then go play GW2.
    Whats your problem?

Why is it ok to say that other games took things off Wow yet its not ok to say that Wow wook things off other games?

Im simply explaining what GW2 have announced, they admit to taking stuff from Wow, but on the other hand they also point out what they think theyve improved from Wow.

Why dont u like hearing that posted?

The individual loot thing was a very highlighted announcement and they clearly stated it was in response to issues in Wow.

Now that Blizzard are going down that route does that mean the GW2 devs were right all that time ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    It must have some pretty awesome rewards for high level characters to want to run old dungeons in scaled down gear. I can see it working as long as there are actually good rewards for doing so, otherwise it's completely pointless.
    Because god forbid anyone do anything for fun in this game anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Now that Blizzard are going down that route does that mean the GW2 devs were right all that time ago?
    Right about what? GW2 wasn't even out yet before WoW announced scaling and personal loot. Or are you suggesting that Blizzard is able to see the future and gauge the popularity of features in games that aren't released yet?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    How soon before launch? Because here's the WoW Dev Watercooler from March '12 that discussed the personal loot:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/4736886
    Well this interview with GW2 devs is dated May 2010... is that early enough for u?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/05...about-dynamic/

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Well this interview with GW2 devs is dated May 2010... is that early enough for u?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/05...about-dynamic/
    You're claiming popularity in GW2 as an argument. How can something be popular before the game even comes out?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is so fucking hilarious to me. Ar eyou not one of the people that complain about the "community" being gone from WoW? And now there might be a feature that could help this a little, it's pointless? Seriously, my sides are splitting!
    How exacly does zone scaling help the community?

Im interested to hear that one...

Didn't blizzard mention this feature awhile ago? Something about being able to play with your friends even when you are higher level or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    You're claiming popularity in GW2 as an argument. How can something be popular before the game even comes out?
    Where have i said anything about popularity?

i think u have misread what ive said.

Im just going on official announcements by both companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    And what is the point of that? The only point of visiting levelling dungeons once you have out levelled them is to boost a friend or for mounts and transmog gear I cannot see any reason why you or friend would want to wait for others and then take twenty or thirty minutes to achieve what can be done in five using a max level character. If you are looking for transmogs or mounts why would you want to risk the losing what you are looking for to another player when you could easily solo the instance?

It might have been a great idea five or six years ago when the game was actually attracting new players but that boat has well and truly sailed.
    I find it absolutely hilarious that some of the people who do nothing but bitch and whine about the social aspect of this game supposedly died because of LFD/LFD are somehow completely missing the entire point of why Blizzard would implement this type of scaling. Something I have seen happen too many times is when someone new comes to the game or levels a new alt they end up having to solo queue for dungeons because no one they know is in that particular level range. This would make that less of an issue and perhaps result in LFD being used the way it was always intended: to supplement forming groups not replace that sort of social interaction entirely.

As far as new players go, they come to the game every day. Subscriptions are dropping because there aren't enough new players to replace old players who are leaving but it is a flat out lie to claim no one new is coming into the game even now.

hmm, downscaled gear.. means content cant be outgeared! BUt tuning will probobly suck balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Its possible it might also have something to do with the level squish perhaps?
    How many more times does Blizzard need to say the item squish won't affect how lvl capped players run old content? One has nothing to do with the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Only years late if they do add it.
    Well why don't you apply for a job at Blizzard and show them how its done?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I don't see the point either... it is old content. Why do old stuff, which one has done several times, over and over again, instead of new stuff?
    And if you want to farm hings, you just want to be as quick as possible, right?

I am very curious how this will play out; if older players really run those old dungeons, scaled down?
    Memories are there but going back to your memories, almost never plays out as you thought.
    Maybe perhaps to run content with friends? Not everyone wants to make a new alt everytime they want to play with someone who isn't level capped. Again a big part of why so many people solo queue for leveling dungeons is because unless friends are in a very specific level range they can't queue with you. It isn't pointless not even remotely except to those who do nothing but bitch and whine about this game incessantly even when Blizzard implements things they asked for in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    only if it's optional! and not a forced feature! would love TBC Heroic Dungeons difficulty implemented the same way (scaled ) with some sort of currency to buy cosmetic items.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    I find it absolutely hilarious that some of the people who do nothing but bitch and whine about the social aspect of this game supposedly died because of LFD/LFD are somehow completely missing the entire point of why Blizzard would implement this type of scaling. Something I have seen happen too many times is when someone new comes to the game or levels a new alt they end up having to solo queue for dungeons because no one they know is in that particular level range. This would make that less of an issue and perhaps result in LFD being used the way it was always intended: to supplement forming groups not replace that sort of social interaction entirely.

As far as new players go, they come to the game every day. Subscriptions are dropping because there aren't enough new players to replace old players who are leaving but it is a flat out lie to claim no one new is coming into the game even now.
    I actually just experienced something like that recently. My friend, who is primarily interested in Hearthstone, randomly decided to download and start playing WoW after years of knowing that I played. All he could really do was run around Elwynn Forest attacking murlocs with 2 attacks before he got bored and quit after a few hours. It might have been a different story if I could scale my level down and run around with him, as opposed to just one shotting everything while he stands there or semi-afk'ing in Shrine and talking to him over Bnet.

Blizzard has definitely said that they're concerned about new players just wanting to reach max level so they can play with their friends asap. Rather than focusing on making leveling even easier than it already is, this can be a way to allow friends to better interact with each other when one is leveling or allow guildmates to help each other out when they're bored.
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-10-21 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    This is exactly the feature I didn't like in GW2. It sounded awesome at first, but in reality it's abysmal imo. Example: no matter how much gear you acquire you will never contribute much to a dungeon/raid group no matter how much gear you have acquired. I've been a witness in a lot of GW2 dungeons where groups fail and fail and fail and they do have the gear. Imagine if 99% of the success in WoW depended on player skill rather than gear.
    Leveling dungeons in Wow aren't hard not even in normal questing gear. Level scaling wouldn't make the content magically harder. It would just mean you don't need to make new alts to play with friends. Some of the posts in this thread really highlight what is wrong with this forum community.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaker View Post
    Didn't blizzard mention this feature awhile ago? Something about being able to play with your friends even when you are higher level or something.
    Yeah I think they did, people were suggesting it back when WoW had a suggestions forum.

It would be a awesome idea if you ask me. Some people for some odd reason disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I don't see a point myself. As Synstir said - if I do old stuff I want to farm not progress though.
    Awesome. Then this feature wasn't designed for you. You may not see the point for YOU yourself but contrary to popular belief Blizzard doesn't design the game specifically for each and every player.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post

Uhm, ok. I have never complained about LFD or LFR ruining the social aspect of the game, but yeah if you say so. What difference does it make if someone queues for a dungeon on their own or with a friend? Why is it important that the friend is in the same level bracket?