Deleted

why do people think we will have a new class?

It's been this way forever

TBC= new race
    wotlk=new class
    cata=new race
    mop=new class
    next expac=new race?

Why do people think we will have a new class?

TBC = Draenei and Blood Elves
    WotLK = Death Knights
    Cata = Worgen and Goblins
    MoP = Tushui Pandaren and Houjin Pandaren and Monk
    Next expansion = ???

MoP wasn't just a new class. It was 1 new race shared among factions and a new class.

Because they have no lives and their minds fill with fantasies and dreams.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    They need to have something to encourage new players to buy all the expansions, not just the starting batch. I'm not saying it'll be a new class, but there will be something in the expansion that benefits from starting over (or investing in paid actions -race changes).

Deleted
    because if there really was some pattern to that, MoP already broke it with new race and new class in same expansion

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post

TBC= new race
    wotlk=new class
    cata=new race
    mop=new class
    next expac=new race?

New class and race in MOP dude. So it could go either way now.

15+ Year Old Account
    New class is the main selling point of an expansion. Afaik MOP is a lot popular than Cata. Could be because of Cata not having a new class for people to try out and spend a lot of extra time with it. Hard to compare TBC and WOTLK though, as TBC was the first expansion, which is usually more popular than the rest in every MMO.

I'm fairly sure there won't be a new class if it's not a legion expansion. But after the next one the Legion expansion should come, and it will 100% sure have a new class. Something demon related is likely.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    The only reason I can come up with for why they should add a new class/race is because they need to sell - as in ching ching $$...

Deleted

TBC= new race
    wotlk=new class
    cata=new race
    mop=new class
    next expac=new race?

Ehm .. Pandaren? This expec? Monk class? You know .. new race AND new class THIS expac.
    As said before, it can go either way.

And that .. is why.

Deleted

TBC= new race
    wotlk=new class
    cata=new race
    mop=new class
    next expac=new race?

Because things change and patterns can be broken.

Also, they are already working on the new models so I can't imagine them working on a new race too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so set on a "pattern". It is almost as bad as the people who think wow is going to end at level 100.
    Aye mate

TBC= new race
    wotlk=new class
    cata=new race
    mop=new class
    next expac=new race?

TBC added a class to both the factions, right?
    Horde got paladins, Alliance got shamans.

I think they will add for marketing purposes. It sells better if there is a new eye-catcher and a race, class does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Why are people so set on a "pattern". It is almost as bad as the people who think wow is going to end at level 100.
    Because pattern recognition is a fundamental skill developed from childhood and we are biologically programmed to try to identify patterns whenever possible? :x
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I have no clue. To me it still feels like they are trying to figure out where they want mist weavers to go with the whole "can deal damage to heal" thing. I don't think well get a new class next expansion. Maybe the one after that, after they have had time to finally figure out the direction they want mistweavers to go and have time to see if people would switch to a new class being their mains.

Why are people so set on a "pattern".
    There is a part in our brain, that helped us process dangers quicker (Tiger->BAD!) by using pattern. Its responsible us this type of thread an raciscm! I dont like it.

(And yes also lots of good stuff, without which we would still live in caves)
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Also, the pattern he sees isn't even correct >.>

Deleted
    THERE IS NO PATTERN!

Please remember this, every time you think about a potential pattern. It just do not exists. Even w/o MoP the data was not nearly enough to generate a pattern and as we now all know the assumed one (race and class alternating) was proven wrong.

I highly doubt we'll see a new class, although the introduction of the monk class was very smooth, not like the "dk desaster" in WotLK (mainly due to the experiment of three hybridish dps/tank-specs). But I think it would just be too much and the monk first needs to get played more often and become more popular.

New race(s) maybe... although I believe the updated character models will serve as a substitute for this.

MoP already broke the pattern so next xpac could be anything.