Poll: What Should Garrosh's Fate Be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    He will erect an army of True Orcs and will strike the Legion when time is right getting revenge for all the orc race and redempting his past sins as he will be assisting to save the universe.

He's going to be redeemed. They've already set it up all the necessary pieces. If he was going to die, he would have in the raid.

He has had his pride thoroughly destroyed. Defeated by rebels/Alliance, Varian sparing his life, Taran Zhu walking him away in chains and Vol'jin of all people becoming Warchief. He should be pretty broken down now. Anduin also seems to talk to him while he's in the cage. So he can begin to walk the path to redemption.

Not only that, but Gorehowl, the uncorrupted one was purposefully left there for him to use again.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. His name is forever linked to the Legion. He'll be imprisoned for the next expansion. The following expansion will be Legion-themed, so he's being set up for redemption. At that time, he'll be instrumental in the death of some Big Bad (possibly Kil'jaeden) and clear the family name before dying of his wounds. Blizzard is rather predictable in my opinion. They want his redemption, many of the player base wants his death, they'll split the difference.

The timeline I I want to see unfold is:

- Garrosh escapes, whilst murdering someone we all love during the escape.
    [lots of time passes]
    - Garrosh's escape turns out to be a ruse by a worse villain that actually captures Garrosh and subjugates him to intense torture (the power he amassed/stole is being SLOWLY siphoned out of him to power a portal that summons worse evil).
    [even more time passes]
    - Garrosh barely survives through his torture and is a husk of his former self, transported to some desolate prison world.
    - Players raid this world and come across Garrosh, kill his Jailer and bring Garrosh back to Azeroth to finally face his trial.
    - Garrosh pleads to be put to death. Denied. Made to live out the rest of his days as a Prisoner... (to be continued)

What the hell is this mess? Garrosh needs to be pardoned?!!

I enjoyed Mists of Pandaria, I really did. The Lore, Quests, Patches, Raids etc but if people still think that Garrosh isn't evil by now ... He spent Orc lives turning them one by one into SHa using the Divine Bell. He put a hit out on Vol'jin and tried to make the Echo Isles a Prison camp, and used the Sunreavers to steal the Divine Bell just to further corrupt his people.

Garrosh supporters can only be described as battered housewives trying desperately to defend their abusive spouse. "Let the jerk go. He doesn't love you anymore." To which they reply "He can change, he told me he Loves me (with his fists)."

Just plain sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Spray View Post
    Neither of that IMHO.

He's too corrupted for any redemption, he will seek revenge and the solution to his sick plans, I can't see any other option.
    He can't be killed either, since, you know... as much as I ADORE WoW lore, there always was one big problem with it - age rating.

The story may turn dark sometimes, we can sometimes have really grim scenarios like Kor'kron purge of Orgrimmar, but it's still PEGI 12... It's kinda disappointing, but as serious and mature this story has been to this point, it simply can't end with execution, for the sole rating reason...

As much as I wish we could get a really dark and serious ending to this - I don't see it. Blood is blood, death is death, martial law is martial law, they could show pretty much everything and still get away with it, but execution is a whole different thing. Although the cinematic showed Thrall's clear intentions, so... Well, I'll be positively surprised if something develops in this direction!
    What does this have to do with pegi rating? Killing people left right in center, commiting downright genocide is all fine according to pegi (12), because it uses the twisted american point of view where titts are evil incarnate and blowing someones head off is divine justice. The only thing you can't do is make the cutscene a splatter movie, but simply suggesting it should be absolutly fine, I mean I smashed in the heads (na actually I dug them up, but you get what I mean) of the humans in hilsbrad in the human-farm, how is that any diffrent? Even worse, it was me (potentially) doing it.

While I think an execution is by far the safest way to handle someone with so much power in their own form and followers around the planet who would empower him again if given half the chance... I'd rather see him branded, magically and physically disabled from being able to ever run again and forced to rebuild the areas he destroyed when he released the Heart.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverrendy View Post
    He will sacrifice himself during the Burning Legion ( or some other threat ) invasion to atone for his sins. Anything else would be rather lame :/
    No, THIS would be really lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endorphyne View Post
    The Shado-Pan decide to exile Garrosh in Outlands where he belongs with all the Fel orcs. While there however, The Burning Legion sees a new ally. Garrosh becomes the new Warchief of the Fel orcs in Outlands paving the way for the Burning Legion expansion people are hoping for. Garrosh will be a mid expansion raid boss with a whole new arsenal and new plans to help take over Azeroth with the Burning Legion who promises him his Throne in Orgrimmar be returned to Garrosh.

I'm aware this will probably NEVER happen because blizzard sucks at storytelling.
    I know it's somewhat cliche, but I really, really like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit View Post
    He will be in prison for 10000 years, escapes, get a blindfold, drink from some skull, grow wings and horns then will yell at you something about how prepared you are.
    Lol, I was thinking that Garrosh was going to be punished the same way Illidan was but this kinda made my day. Thanks!

Garrosh is very strong and i think Shado Pan can train him into monk, so he will understand his mistakes and be good orc.

Quote Originally Posted by nerv234 View Post
    Garrosh is very strong and i think Shado Pan can train him into monk, so he will understand his mistakes and be good orc.
    Very unlikely. In Lore he is already established as a warrior, he even represents warriors in Hearthstone, I doubt he will suddenly become a monk...

He will be left alive in captivity. Blizz will reserve the redemption option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh lives, but he's given life imprisonment. He becomes Hannibal Lecter to Anduin's Clarice.

What's the difference between anti-hero and villain?

10+ Year Old Account
    Other: Jaina Executes Garrosh during his trial, when he is exiled from Azeroth since he is from Draenor, she doesn't like it & kills him, While Varian & Thrall are shocked by this. she turns on The Alliance calling them cowards like the Horde & flees. The Kirin Tor is torn apart & turned against the Alliance & Horde.

Anti-Hero = Does things for the good of the people even if it means hurting others or doing things that are deemed illegal/immoral.Villain = Does nothing good for the people and has motives to usually benefit themselves and only them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    What's the difference between anti-hero and villain?
    Anti-hero is evil protagonist, while villain is antagonist.

I've killed Garrosh so this isn't a spoiler for me, but its worth note that the title (even as it is with the spoiler tag) is a spoiler. Anyone could see that if someone is speculating about Garrosh's fate for a future patch they must know that he lived. Perhaps those first 3 words should be removed as well.

On topic: I don't really care at this point, I really wanted Blizzard to pull the rip cord right at release of 5.4 and lock Orgrimmar out from access for 5.4 at least. Forcibly move all horde players to another one of their capitals (maybe a slightly more convenient horde rebellion place with bank, ah, etc. could be added in Sen'jin Village). I'm a horde player, its not that I want horde inconvenienced because I'm alliance. I am always for inconvenience in the name of story immersion.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Spirit View Post
    He will be in prison for 10000 years, escapes, get a blindfold, drink from some skull, grow wings and horns then will yell at you something about how prepared you are.

The best scenario