Poll: How do you feel about this issue?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    if the problem didn't exist, there would be a female metamorphosis form. she isn't there, so the problem exists. you may not mind the problem, but I do. don't judge threads as flame bait just because you don't agree with their theming.
    I agree with it cause it's their product, story, and characters, not yours. Thats right even 'your character' is not yours, rather just another cog in their story. people need to get over this I pay my 15 a month so you should do everything and change everything to suit my every whim up to and including my personal agendas. If you don't like the way something is modeled, go make your own game and put it in. Don't come whine about your feminist viewpoints over a in game set of polygons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    I want an Incubus instead of the Succubus for my female Lock. It bothers me, so the problem is clearly there.
    you are right, but this is thread is about something else. however, that issue also has support from me: I'd love to get myself a fem guard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    I agree with it cause it's their product, story, and characters, not yours. Thats right even 'your character' is not yours, rather just another cog in their story. people need to get over this I pay my 15 a month so you should do everything and change everything to suit my every whim up to and including my personal agendas. If you don't like the way something is modeled, go make your own game and put it in. Don't come whine about your feminist viewpoints over a in game set of polygons.
    sorry, but I have the right to voice my complaints as a customer. therefore I will make threads as I see fit. if you dislike them, you don't need to read them. you also have no right to accuse me of flame baiting. If memory serves me right, such accusations are infraction-worthy.

also: I'm a male, and I hate feminism. but you know what I hate more? to see girls turning into musclemen.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    This is simply flame bait and UN-necessary QQ for a 'problem' that doesn't exist.
    Replies in Demon Form thread saying more-inclusive Meta form models is a "problem that doesn't exist"

Posts in "New Character Models" threads, begging for new ones.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-10-23 at 07:33 PM.

You mad bro? Err... sis? Oh wtf, stop changing!!!

I believe a while back Blizz said that gender-specific models for Meta and such like this thread is about is something they're aware folks want, but it's pretty low priority on the list of things they're working on.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    Bravo on the last voting option
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Replies in Demon Form thread saying more-inclusive Meta form models is a "problem that doesn't exist"

Posts in "New Character Models" threads, begging for new ones.
    Was that your attempt at an epic maymay?

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vharius View Post
    Was that your attempt at an epic maymay?
    Uncommon, maybe rare at best.

Feral forms all have a male look to the face too (no dangly bits though). I think most of the shapeshifts would take a lot of artists' time to fix, except possibly the demon form. There's very little detail on the skin; all you'd need is to tweak the model, possibly wrap it around a different skeleton. Don't get me wrong, it would take time, just nowhere near as long as making an updated character model (which some people are making a false dichotomy about).

They could also just do an alternate skin for each race/gender, like a mostly black and green/purple skin wrapped on a generic female goblin for goblin females. And a flame/water/air skin for the ascendent (like the female flame draenai from the midsummer item).

My lock is a male worgen, but a friend's main is a female gnome warlock, and we've had this conversation at least once in the past. It falls in the realm of "wouldn't it be cool if..., but I'm not holding my breath". If they're going to put artists' time into a present for warlocks, I'd prefer a Glyph of Incubus. At least then the Incubus model could also be used for mobs.

Deleted
    I would indeed prefer something like this for my female warlock, but I can't see the artists ever going through the trouble - it may not sound like a ridiculous request for us female warlocks, but it is for everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't bother me. What bothers me is every time my night elf gets transformed into a human when I go to say, Culling of Stratholme, I'm BALD.

I hate being bald!

Quote Originally Posted by Exuja View Post
    I would indeed prefer something like this for my female warlock, but I can't see the artists ever going through the trouble - it may not sound like a ridiculous request for us female warlocks, but it is for everyone else.
    I think the problem about this is the old "if it isn't my problem, it's not a problem" mentality. people can't see past their own issues. why would they want a female metamorphosis if they don't play a female demonology warlock?

I wish people weren't like that. not too long ago I was crusading for a druid epic questline for nightmare forms, and I don't even play a druid lol

10+ Year Old Account
    And warlock females should be called witches, have male demons, and female demon forms. Female warlocks are screwed... but what can one do?
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post
    The transformations are male so female dps doesn't suffer.
    minus 4 strength

Although I've never really given this topic much thought, the proverbial image of a muscular male in these circumstances is reflective of the dominant gender of the devs.

1) Meta form is based on the demon Baphomet who has been depicted a male body with goat horns, bat wings, and female breasts. All that meta form is missing are the breasts.
    2) The name of the move is METAMORPHOSIS. Literally, "transformation". Even if you did change genders (and I'm not sure you do), it'd still make sense.
    3) Meta form really isn't gendered. I doesn't show sex based physical traits outside the muscles, but you can easily RP that you're transforming into a big muscly femdemon that has lost control of her form. It's supposed to be a show of raw power, there's no reason for it to be lithe, even as a female.

I really don't have a problem with new models and nice art (as shown above), but I really hate the way this topic is mentioned. And it's frequently made in the same "I'M A WOMAN NOT A DISGUSTING MAN" way.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoboMog123 View Post
    1) Meta form is based on the demon Baphomet who has been depicted a male body with goat horns, bat wings, and female breasts. All that meta form is missing are the breasts.
    2) The name of the move is METAMORPHOSIS. Literally, "transformation". Even if you did change genders (and I'm not sure you do), it'd still make sense.
    3) Meta form really isn't gendered. I doesn't show sex based physical traits outside the muscles, but you can easily RP that you're transforming into a big muscly femdemon that has lost control of her form. It's supposed to be a show of raw power, there's no reason for it to be lithe, even as a female.

I really don't have a problem with new models and nice art (as shown above), but I really hate the way this topic is mentioned. And it's frequently made in the same "I'M A WOMAN NOT A DISGUSTING MAN" way.
    meta form is based on illidan, berphomet doesn't even exist in warcraft. illidan looks exactly like he looked like when he was a night elf, except for the demonic features. so if we imagine for a moment that tyrande had been the demon hunter instead of illidan, than the meta form would have looked like tyrande with horns and hooves, boobs and everything. the only reason there isn't a fem meta form is because blizzard couldn't be assed to do so.

EDIT: of course I understand that they have their priorities, but the point remains - the only reason we don't have a female demon hunter is because blizz doesn't want to spend resources creating "illidana" lol
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-10-24 at 02:19 AM.

Deleted
    I think the problem about this is the old "if it isn't my problem, it's not a problem" mentality. people can't see past their own issues. why would they want a female metamorphosis if they don't play a female demonology warlock?

I wish people weren't like that. not too long ago I was crusading for a druid epic questline for nightmare forms, and I don't even play a druid lol
    And what I think your problem is your "If it's my problem, we should all address it with the the utmost seriousness I say we should and acknowledge it as the problem I feel it is and it should be prioritized" overly entitled mentality.
    It's a problem for YOU, that doesn't in any way mean it's a pressing one for the 7.7 million strong subscriber base.
    I can see your annoyance, it's understandable and you've been reasonable in how you've put it forth, now be reasonable when I tell you this, it's probably the least important thing related to WoW any of us have read in the last week, there have been complaints about it, so obviously some people want something done, it is, to a degree, an issue, but for a company of Blizzard's size, you're going to need a LOT more complaints, a LOT more people talking for them to even consider devoting their resources to such a trivial matter.
    Sorry, it's just what it is.
    Last edited by mmoc840d8f38ef; 2013-10-24 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vharius View Post
    And what I think your problem is your "If it's my problem, we should all address it with the the utmost seriousness I say we should and acknowledge it as the problem I feel it is and it should be prioritized" overly entitled mentality.
    It's a problem for YOU, that doesn't in any way mean it's a pressing one for the 7.7 million strong subscriber base.
    I can see your annoyance, it's understandable and you've been reasonable in how you've put it forth, now be reasonable when I tell you this, it's probably the least important thing related to WoW I've read in the last week, it's a non-issue, there have been complaints about it, so obviously some people want something done, it is, to a degree, an issue, but for a company of Blizzard's size, you're going to need a LOT more complaints, a LOT more people talking for them to even consider devoting their resources to such a trivial matter.
    Sorry, it's just what it is.
    just enlighten me: how do you measure importance on video game issues?

nothing on a video game is important to anyone except the devs, who actually earn their living through it. everything else is just about selfish desires. I just don't see how "I want them to fix my dps/rotation/racials" is any more important than "I want them to fix my transformation".

Deleted
    just enlighten me: how do you measure importance on video game issues?

nothing on a video game is important to anyone except the devs, who actually earn their living through it. everything else is just about selfish desires. I just don't see how "I want them to fix my dps/rotation/racials" is any more important than "I want them to fix my transformation".
    One is gameplay, one effects what people do with hours of their time, the class they play, it's a pretty important thing, it effects balance, PVP, PVE, the whole shiggy.
    The other is an aesthetic matter that only a not-even-that-vocal minority of people have actually spoken about.

And, of course, we measure importance by the only way we can, discussion points, how we react to them.
    When you have petitions, more threads for this, more support in those threads, it's more of an issue.
    When the Devs DECIDE it's a worthy issue based on this, or on their own accord, it's a priority.
    This is one thread, in which the notion has mostly been mocked and nitpicked.