Poll: How do you feel about this issue?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the fifth option.
    if i did play a female warlock/shaman though i wouldnt really care about sex change on the transformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vharius View Post
    One is gameplay, one effects what people do with hours of their time, the class they play, it's a pretty important thing, it effects balance, PVP, PVE, the whole shiggy.
    The other is an aesthetic matter that only a not-even-that-vocal minority of people have actually spoken about.

And, of course, we measure importance by the only way we can, discussion points, how we react to them.
    When you have petitions, more threads for this, more support in those threads, it's more of an issue.
    When the Devs DECIDE it's a worthy issue based on this, or on their own accord, it's a priority.
    This is one thread, in which the notion has mostly been mocked and nitpicked.
    metamorphosis is one spell from one spec among 34 specs. that's 3% of the specs. that's the issue affects only female characters. let's assume for the sake of argument that half of the characters are male and the other half are female. this thread got 15% of the votes towards "I play a female Demo-Lock and I wish I could be a girl for more than half of the fights." if you compare that to that "half of 3% of the specs", you'll see that 15% of the votes is a LOT for a problem about one gender of one spec among all the others. keep that in mind. it's an issue with a very specific niche, yet the "approval rating" is MUCH larger than I personally expected. so fem meta is an issue.

don't underestimate cosmetic things. transmog is one of the most popular features in-game. have you seen the uproar for new player models? that's just a cosmetic change. those who are mocking this issue are doing so because they would rather have that dev time spent on their own selfish wishes than on mine (which I admit, is also selfish), so they want to shoot it down.
    Last edited by checking facts; 2013-10-24 at 02:53 AM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    metamorphosis is one spell from one spec among 34 specs. that's 3% of the specs. that's the issue affects only female characters. let's assume for the sake of argument that half of the characters are male and the other half are female. this thread got 15% of the votes towards "I play a female Demo-Lock and I wish I could be a girl for more than half of the fights." if you compare that to that "half of 3% of the specs", you'll see that 15% of the votes is a LOT for a problem about one gender of one spec among all the others. keep that in mind. it's an issue with a very specific niche, yet the "approval rating" is MUCH larger than I personally expected. so fem meta is an issue.

don't underestimate cosmetic things. transmog is one of the most popular features in-game. have you seen the uproar for new player models? that's just a cosmetic change. those who are mocking this issue are doing so because they would rather have that dev time spent on their own selfish wishes than on mine, so they want to shoot it down.
    Oh, so their needs are selfish and yours are righteous?
    That's fairly selfish of you to suggest that they're selfish for having a difference of opinion on the matter.
    And are you really using your poll to suggest the wants of a Playerbase of 7.7 Million subscribers?
    That's pretty one-sided, especially considering you ignored the 70.61% of people that didn't care at all.
    +3.44% of people and 5.73% of people that said they didn't care in other options that's 79.88% of people who simply don't care.
    Yes, you have some votes, that's lovely, are those people who even vehemently care and aren't just passively clicking a button because "it's a nice feature, but not that important"? Impossible to prove and overall unlikely.

And furthermore, Transmogrification is something that EVERYONE can take part in, enjoy, it's well received because you can shape how your character looks, 100% of the time.
    I'll have you know, Metamorphosis is one spell from amongst 34 specs, that's 3% of specs, a TEMPORARY one, that's ONE spell, that lasts for under a minute, from 34 specs, against something that effects the way a character looks 100% of the time, that's transmogrifications and character models.

Your crusade has hilariously little backing, a percentage of the vote means nothing when you can't actually prove whether that percentage truly care or not, and when there's 79.88% actively saying they don't care.
    You have no right to insult people and call them selfish just because they're not siding with you on this, that's childish, entitled, and needy, we don't all have to immediately rush to your side to affirm your cause is a just one, or take up arms with you when you decide we have to.

Oh, so their needs are selfish and yours are righteous?
    That's fairly selfish of you to suggest that they're selfish for having a difference of opinion on the matter.
    I didn't say that. re-read.

And are you really using your poll to suggest the wants of a Playerbase of 7.7 Million subscribers?
    it's a representative sample.

That's pretty one-sided, especially considering you ignored the 70.61% of people that didn't care at all.
    70% of the voters didn't care about an issue that only affects half of 3% of the specs. how could I miss that?

Yes, you have some votes, that's lovely, are those people who even vehemently care and aren't just passively clicking a button because "it's a nice feature, but not that important"? Impossible to prove and overall unlikely.
    whether they vehemently care or just think it would be nice is irrelevant.

And furthermore, Transmogrification is something that EVERYONE can take part in, enjoy, it's well received because you can shape how your character looks, 100% of the time.
    I'll have you know, Metamorphosis is one spell from amongst 34 specs, that's 3% of specs, a TEMPORARY one, that's ONE spell, that lasts for under a minute, from 34 specs, against something that effects the way a character looks 100% of the time, that's transmogrifications and character models.
    a female metamorphosis would also be 100 times easier to make than new models or the transmog tech. grab blood queen lanathel or the eredar twins, paint her black, add the same magic circle and lightning effects as regular meta and ta-daaa! fem meta. as lazy as the original one

You have no right to insult people and call them selfish just because they're not siding with you on this, that's childish, entitled, and needy, we don't all have to immediately rush to your side to affirm your cause is a just one, or take up arms with you when you decide we have to.
    re-read. as I said about 2 comments ago, any concern about video games is selfish by nature. you are misinterpretating my points and using them as reason to attack me with accusations of being "childish" or "overly entitled".

Deleted
    I didn't say that. re-read.

it's a representative sample.

70% of the voters didn't care about an issue that only affects half of 3% of the specs. how could I miss that?

whether they vehemently care or just think it would be nice is irrelevant.

a female metamorphosis would also be 100 times easier to make than new models or the transmog tech. grab blood queen lanathel or the eredar twins, paint her black, add the same magic circle and lightning effects as regular meta and ta-daaa! fem meta. as lazy as the original one

re-read. as I said about 2 comments ago, any concern about video games is selfish by nature. you are misinterpretation my points and using them as reason to attack me with accusations of being "childish" or "overly entitled".
    You have no legitimate back-up for this, almost 80% of people do not care about the issue, that's not the kind of support that makes matters, that's the kind of support that makes them trivialities fit for the back burner.
    How easy it is to make it is irrelevant, it's still resources Blizzard is dedicating to what is, essentially, an issue a very small group of people legitimately care about (even lower than 20% I would suggest, as again, you have no way of telling who among those would legitimately champion it and who are passive, and yes that does matter)
    You can't take one forum poll, twist it, and pretend 20% of people backing you is a valid representative sample, and no, I'm not personally attacking you, I apologize if you feel this way.
    I'm simply pointing out you're overly entitled and passively aggressive when people do not agree with you.
    Any concern about video games is not selfish, there can be legitimate concerns, there can be illegitimate, selfish ones, this concern is not a selfish one, but you dictating who is and is not selfish simply because they don't corral around you and support you in your venture most certainly IS selfish, deluded, entitled and childish, I apologize again if you feel attacked, I'm just calling it like I see it.
    Any more you want to add?

Quote Originally Posted by Vharius View Post
    You have no legitimate back-up for this, almost 80% of people do not care about the issue, that's not the kind of support that makes matters, that's the kind of support that makes them trivialities fit for the back burner.
    How easy it is to make it is irrelevant, it's still resources Blizzard is dedicating to what is, essentially, an issue a very small group of people legitimately care about (even lower than 20% I would suggest, as again, you have no way of telling who among those would legitimately champion it and who are passive, and yes that does matter)
    You can't take one forum poll, twist it, and pretend 20% of people backing you is a valid representative sample, and no, I'm not personally attacking you, I apologize if you feel this way.
    I'm simply pointing out you're overly entitled and passively aggressive when people do not agree with you.
    Any concern about video games is not selfish, there can be legitimate concerns, there can be illegitimate, selfish ones, this concern is not a selfish one, but you dictating who is and is not selfish simply because they don't corral around you and support you in your venture most certainly IS selfish, deluded, entitled and childish, I apologize again if you feel attacked, I'm just calling it like I see it.
    Any more you want to add?
    you are free to think whatever you want about me. if you feel I'm being passive aggressive towards someone, check on this person's post first. from you, I received this:

"And what I think your problem is your "If it's my problem, we should all address it with the the utmost seriousness I say we should and acknowledge it as the problem I feel it is and it should be prioritized" overly entitled mentality."

I just give what I receive.

ANY concern about video games is selfish. people asking for buffs are selfish, they want the devs to change the game just so they can do better dps. people who ask for nerfs are also being selfish. they want others to be loss powerful just so they can compete better against them. players who ask for harder content are selfish because they want to lock the less skilled out of content, while players who ask for easier content are also selfish because they'll be spoiling the fun of the more skilled. players asking for new models are also selfish because no matter how outdated the old models are, they are still playable, and new playable models mean blizzard will have a hard time coming up with creature and boss models for the next expansions. players asking for new dungeons want to take away dev time from the next raids, while players asking for no more new dungeons would deprive the people who enjoy 5-man content from having their fun.

in all my years I've never seen a single request based on selflessness here or anywhere else as far as video games go.

it doesn't matter if it's a "legitimate concern" or not. it's all based on what one wants for himself.

if you think I'm "entitled" or "childish" for realizing and admitting that, help yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't mind seeing them add a female version, IF it didn't end up making me roll my eyes to death.

But already it sounds like an incubus is already difficult for them to add. Really... something of a fel elf would be suitable if you ask me, if that makes it easier for them to add it. But skimpier to match the succubus.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-10-24 at 03:34 AM.

Deleted
    you are free to think whatever you want about me. if you feel I'm being passive aggressive towards someone, check on this person's post first. from you, I received this:

"And what I think your problem is your "If it's my problem, we should all address it with the the utmost seriousness I say we should and acknowledge it as the problem I feel it is and it should be prioritized" overly entitled mentality."

I just give what I receive.

ANY concern about video games is selfish. people asking for buffs are selfish, they want the devs to change the game just so they can do better dps. people who ask for nerfs are also being selfish. they want others to be loss powerful just so they can compete better against them. players who ask for harder content are selfish because they want to lock the less skilled out of content, while players who ask for easier content are also selfish because they'll be spoiling the fun of the more skilled. players asking for new models are also selfish because no matter how outdated the old models are, they are still playable, and new playable models mean blizzard will have a hard time coming up with creature and boss models for the next expansions. players asking for new dungeons want to take away dev time from the next raids, while players asking for no more new dungeons would deprive the people who enjoy 5-man content from having their fun.

in all my years I've never seen a single request based on selflessness here or anywhere else as far as video games go.

it doesn't matter if it's a "legitimate concern" or not. it's all based on what one wants for himself.

if you think I'm "entitled" or "childish" for realizing and admitting that, help yourself.
    Super, the moral highground and personal insults.
    Again, I've obviously insulted you, never meant to, just being honest, and again, I DID say that there were selfish concerns and unselfish ones, given the vast majority are selfish, and this definitely falls into that, along with how you've handled it, but I'm sorry, I don't think 80% against and 20% for can validate this.
    If you put this up to a legitimate vote, the only way it'd have a chance is if you put it up against JUST the Locks.
    It could go one of three ways in my estimation.
    One, Blizzard would suggest a singular form for both, more androgynous, shot down by the majority of Males.
    Two, Blizzard suggest a separate for each, the majority of Males are honest in they they do not care and do not wish Blizzard to waste their time on something that has no bearing on them and vote no, shot down.
    Three, Blizzard suggests a separate for each again, the majority of Males are passive and don't care and just vote yes because it'd be kinda cool for the Female characters, without giving thought to how they would rather have Blizzard spend their time, or if this would be a waste of time, it passes.

I'm sorry, the only way I'm seeing this have any legitimacy is if people are passive, don't look at it logically, and just think "free things, cool" and not "Hmm, but what COULD they do with their time more productive?"
    And if you ask ALL the characters, which is really the right thing to do, considering this is the time of the company their subscribed to, they have a right to voice an opinion, it's shot down overwhelmingly, as it has been in this thread, and that poll.

You have a legitimate concern, albeit a slightly selfish one when viewed in some ways, but it simply doesn't have the backing to warrant anything being done about it, it's as close to a non-issue as you're going to get.

I'm out anyway, peace.

every archy must shrek its privilege for this grand heresy!

-Or blizzard just couldnt be bothered to model it and never got around it

Well, when I play holy and I die, I turn into a female angel for a couple of seconds.. does that count? ;-)
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

People are really grasping at straws for shit to bitch about these days.

I would much rather have this female - male issue fixed (with new models for female forms) than, for example, have 2 new models of various mobs in the next expansion...

I'm sure someone's mentioned it already but don't forget Priests becoming women upon death!
    It'd be great if they made gender appropriate (or gender-neutral! don't force human gender norms on my magical genderless beings thanks Blizzard!) forms for each of these form changes but as so far we're two for one (one for one before MoP) there isn't a huge imbalance, hopefully they will get on it in due time.

don't underestimate cosmetic things. transmog is one of the most popular features in-game. have you seen the uproar for new player models? that's just a cosmetic change. those who are mocking this issue are doing so because they would rather have that dev time spent on their own selfish wishes than on mine (which I admit, is also selfish), so they want to shoot it down.
    Poll results from MMO-Champion do not, under any circumstances, constitute data that is reflective of reality. Ever.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>