Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    ive actually always had great experiences with GMs. maybe im a bit biased since they restored everything when my account got hacked, but in general, as long as they dont tell me to delete the Interface Cache and WTF folders they always are helpful.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've never had problems with Game Masters, they've always spoken in full English with flawless grammar. While it's possible that he did have poor English skills, were you playing on an English speaking realm?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by menion View Post
    ive actually always had great experiences with GMs. maybe im a bit biased since they restored everything when my account got hacked, but in general, as long as they dont tell me to delete the Interface Cache and WTF folders they always are helpful.
    Well he was helpful, I just want to know if anyone else has gotten someone who clearly didn't speak English as a first language, because I'm interested in knowing if Blizzard has begun to outsource their GMs or something. Not that that's an issue outside of some of them clearly having bad English skills, I'm just wondering.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Please stop posting in my thread.
    Oh wow, you can't either find a proper counterarguement or you get a nasty chill up your spine when people call you out on your melodramaticy ( Yeah, that probably isn't a word, sue me. )
    As you wish, you pretty much proven my point how dense you are. Good day/evening to you. sir

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I've never had problems with Game Masters, they've always spoken in full English with flawless grammar. While it's possible that he did have poor English skills, were you playing on an English speaking realm?
    Of course I was. If I wasn't, why would he have spoken English at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had this issue but most GM's I ever did talk to were extremely nice regardless.

P.S. We miss you Jimmy in the LoL section.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I can't remember anymore. A long time since I talked with one, but I have always understood what they have said, which have been enough for me.

Hi JimPaladin, if you would be so kind as to forward me the ticket ID# for this conversation, I'd be happy to offer feedback to the representative. (To get the ticket ID#, you would log into Battle.net and then choose Your Support Tickets (at the top). There you'll see your index of issues with their corresponding ticket ID#'s. Thank you!

Deleted
    Stop breaking the GM's! You're not supposed to ask questions they can't answer without their pre-made templates..GOD!

I don't usually post in these types of threads, but speaking and writing english is two separate things. I know lots of people who can speak english, but cannot type or write english properly. Were you saying the GMs are declining because they helped you out and answered your questions, but they just couldnt write decently? I know many people who answer 100-5000 tickets (questions) a day and lots type too fast some times and misspell many words, but if they can answer the tickets questions fast enough then it doesn't really matter. I don't know if you can honestly tell who can and can't speak english as there first language by seeing how they write.

Many times I find the people who are outsourced try to help you out more and are more friendly then the "english" people as many of them are grateful they have a job

Edit

Now I see you have Blizzard who are going to fire this person now and they won't have any food or money to feed their family with Poor GM MMO Champs Grammar Police bringing down the hard working folk of the world
    Last edited by force18; 2013-10-21 at 09:45 PM.

Never experienced that, but one of the options in the poll you get afterwards, is if their english was understandable. I guess that if people overall pick that it's poor, then he will get fired.
    Pretty sure it's something they care about. Their employees being good enough at english to not cause any issues, dat is
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by araxom View Post
    hi jimpaladin, if you would be so kind as to forward me the ticket id# for this conversation, i'd be happy to offer feedback to the representative. (to get the ticket id#, you would log into battle.net and then choose your support tickets (at the top). There you'll see your index of issues with their corresponding ticket id#'s. Thank you!

No you'll never take him alive!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Never experienced that, but one of the options in the poll you get afterwards, is if their english was understandable. I guess that if people overall pick that it's poor, then he will get fired.
    Pretty sure it's something they care about. Their employees being good enough at english to not cause any issues, dat is
    Never in my life seen that option in the GM survey. o.O

It kinda looks like he copied and pasted something from a script (NAMEHERE) then he kinda face rolled on his keyboard, sent it to auto correct, and then sent it to you.

Are you playing in EU?
    Probably it because no English GM was free = so one from other language realm GM decide to help you
    (Better than waiting few hours/days for English GM)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I can understand people running into GM's on a bad day when they simply aren't in the mood for all the niceties, but to completely fail at the grammar? Now that is surprising... If you were selected to fill in a survey I hope you commented your concern about it so that Blizzard actually gets some kind of notification about it.
    "Dear Blizzard, appalling grammar from this GM scarred my soul. He was perfectly intelligible and quite helpful but I couldn't bear witnessing such language. Deal with it."

Just out of curiosity, to anyone who didn't like the GM's poor English skills, have you ever tried to learn a second language? It kind of makes you empathetic toward others butchering your own first language. You see firsthand that it's a process, and you must butcher before you master. The thing with some monolinguals, they want others to speak their first language as fluently as they do.

Of course if Blizzard requires total mastery of English for their GMs, and I doubt they do, then this is unacceptable I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hi JimPaladin, if you would be so kind as to forward me the ticket ID# for this conversation, I'd be happy to offer feedback to the representative. (To get the ticket ID#, you would log into Battle.net and then choose Your Support Tickets (at the top). There you'll see your index of issues with their corresponding ticket ID#'s. Thank you!
    Hopefully you'll be as kind to him as you were to JimPaladin He just needs to go for more simplicity in his player interactions, to avoid much scarring of the player's heart Simplicity can be quite a challenge to language learners, but he could start there. Perhaps offer him other GM interactions he could gloss over.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

I've never interacted with a GM, so I wouldn't know what to expect.

GMs are volunteers I believe, a nd they don't get paid. They set aside their own off time to help run the game. That's a lot of work involved. People should stop criticizing them for everything do wrong and start recognizing the things they do right. A lot of people forget that there are GMs when they are doing things right.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I've never interacted with a GM, so I wouldn't know what to expect.

GMs are volunteers I believe, a nd they don't get paid. They set aside their own off time to help run the game. That's a lot of work involved. People should stop criticizing them for everything do wrong and start recognizing the things they do right. A lot of people forget that there are GMs when they are doing things right.
    Game Masters are both paid employees of Blizzard and reimbursed for their game time, they are not volunteers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    Okay okay before I make this thread, let me say this IS NOT supposed to be a "the gms are shit blizzard is dead", I am simply only asking if anyone else has encountered this lately or ever before.

The GM was helpful and polite and answered my question, but English was obviously not their first language and it was broken beyond belief (some stuff didn't even make any sense and I could barely tell what they were trying to say), and it's surprising that they've been enlisted onto Blizzard with this level (or lack thereof) of English.

This surprises me because I have never, in all my times of dealing with GMs, had a GM that did so much as make a minor typo let alone butcher an entire paragraph of language. I've also never heard of anyone getting a GM like this or seen any screenshots of it, either.

SO BASICALLY, have you ever had something like this happen in the distant past, or had it happen recently? Is Blizzard's GM department being outsourced, or is my case just an isolated 'only happens once in a lifetime' thing?

Edit: to put it a bit into perspective (I won't give the whole conversation), here's their intro paragraph.

There it is, taken word-for-word and misspelling-for-misspelling.
    May just have been a stressed employee.

I have never in my experience of their support, met a employee with bad english skills. And I know for a fact that aren't outsourcing like SWTOR was.

Only terrible english GM I have had, was a bit my fault. We were waiting for confirmation from one of the other GM's, so we took 30 minutes to mix english with a little murloc. But else, haven't had any problems with it, not even on how long they may have taken.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Basemath View Post
    "Dear Blizzard, appalling grammar from this GM scarred my soul. He was perfectly intelligible and quite helpful but I couldn't bear witnessing such language. Deal with it."

Just out of curiosity, to anyone who didn't like the GM's poor English skills, have you ever tried to learn a second language? It kind of makes you empathetic toward others butchering your own first language. You see firsthand that it's a process, and you must butcher before you master. The thing with some monolinguals, they want others to speak their first language as fluently as they do.

Of course if Blizzard requires total mastery of English for their GMs, and I doubt they do, then this is unacceptable I guess.

Hopefully you'll be as kind to him as you were to JimPaladin He just needs to go for more simplicity in his player interactions, to avoid much scarring of the player's heart Simplicity can be quite a challenge to language learners, but he could start there. Perhaps offer him other GM interactions he could gloss over.
    Why is it I can't ask a simple question concerning a possible degradation of Blizzard's GM service while at the same time saying "it was a small issue with the fact he didn't talk right" without a bunch of shitlords scuttling out of their scab nests and trying to be all "hahaha wow overreacting 2 some bad enlgish ffs" as if that's even what my post is supposed to be about?

Oh yeah, because I chose to post on MMOchampion!