Are there any addons that allow recording and replay of an encounter?

As a raid leader, I'd love to have something similar to Counter Striker's demo system. For those of you unfamiliar, it essentially let you record a CS match and rewatch it at a later date from the perspective of any player in the match, as well as a free roaming perspective. You could control it just like you would a video (play, pause, fast forward, rewind, etc.). It would be incredibly useful to analyze what's going wrong in a given fight.

I don't believe there is anything identical to the CS replay system (it was built into the game, IIRC), but I'd love to hear about anything that might be utilized in a similar fashion. The primary things I am interested in are the positioning of players/NPCs and the actions they take (spells/abillities/etc) throughout the course of an encounter.

PhoenixStyle Combat Replay go watch his videos on the addon and see if thats close enough to what you want.

Deleted
    Not graphically, use Fraps?

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    PhoenixStyle Combat Replay go watch his videos on the addon and see if thats close enough to what you want.
    This looks very promising! Have you used it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zanthos View Post
    Not graphically, use Fraps?
    Fraps isn't really useful for analyzing the overall raid - in order to achieve what I'm looking for with Fraps, I would need to position myself so that I can see every member of the raid at all times as well as tracking their abilities used somehow.

Deleted
    PhoenixStyle then, as said above its great, we use it.

Quote Originally Posted by gewdgewd View Post
    This looks very promising! Have you used it?
    I personally haven't used it but from the videos and Zanthos says his guild uses it. It can't be that bad. You can basically see everything that went on outside first person view lol

The problem I have with CReplay is that of orientation. It's very difficult to tell which way things are happening and where the little dots are with respect to anything else. While I think it's amazing in theory, I wasn't able to actually translate that in to real world usefulness.
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook
    Hermes - Share cooldown status with raid/party.
    Skada: Survivability - Show when a character died during a specific attempt.
    AffDots - Track the potency of your DoTs on a target.

Deleted
    Not sure what your problem is. Find an addon that tells you the spell people die to. Any good dps meter will do that. Find the spell that kills you and who casts it. Always start with the first person who died because this can cause a chain reaction. Find a tactic that prevents death from that spell. Move on to the next issue.

The Dungeon Journal is actually not that bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by virtual View Post
    The problem I have with CReplay is that of orientation. It's very difficult to tell which way things are happening and where the little dots are with respect to anything else. While I think it's amazing in theory, I wasn't able to actually translate that in to real world usefulness.
    We always put a raidmarker on the tank(s) and that shows in combat replay, it much easier to work out the orientation based on the tank position as you then know where the boss is facing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwick View Post
    We always put a raidmarker on the tank(s) and that shows in combat replay, it much easier to work out the orientation based on the tank position as you then know where the boss is facing.
    Very good suggestion. I'll definitely try that out the next time we make use of it. Thanks, Fish. ps. Are you 25m or 10m?
    Virtualize <Solution> @ Greymane | virtual#1157 | Web | YouTube | Twitter | Facebook

Deleted
    25man, oh and i love hermes btw great addon

Quote Originally Posted by Fishwick View Post
    25man, oh and i love hermes btw great addon
    cool. Hermes loves you as well. Thank you. I love hearing that from users!