Deleted

Question Thok 10man problems.

Hey guys,

My guild and i (a non hardcore raiding guild) just got out of wiping on Thok for 3 hours.

I was just looking for some tips and wanted to ask a few questions.

Our guild average Ilevel is around 340, one guy has 550+ cos he's super lucky (4 piece in 2 weeks).

I don't have any logs I'm afraid as the guy who usually takes them wasn't able to raid.

Im a Monk Healer and i'm doing around 180k healing the first screech phase, along with a shaman doing 180k and a priest just behind, we get to 15 stacks on our good runs and get Thok down to ~75-80% health. Then due to some horrible fixates (twice i had it twice in a row and got nom nomed as i had no where to run) and some bad RNG meant we wiped on 7% and then 10%.

I was wondering what stacks you guys would think a mediocre group like ourselves should be getting to. Then 2nd stack phase we sometimes got to 11 but we averaged out on 6-8 (which is not enough i know) then the 3rd one would be better with 10+ stacks.

The DPSers are doing just sub 150k-200k DPS each overall on the fight, i wasn't paying a lot of attention to them myself.

I just want to know you guys have any tips for us.

Thanks!

178k dps is the requirement with 3 healers.

Best of luck.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What order are you opening the prisons in? We did green then blue then red. This allowed time during green for our healing cooldowns to reset so we could reset our healing rotation for the stack up on the blue phase since it's easier to push out longer. I think our first kill had 17 stacks -> 8 stacks -> 15 stacks -> 4 stacks (we push red guy fast and just kill him while kiting)

It depends a lot on raid comp too, if you have more melee you'll need more stacks than if you're mostly ranged.

Deleted
    We go green blue red as that poison is so annoying. I'm thinking we had/have it but we just got screwed by RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanelia View Post
    We go green blue red as that poison is so annoying. I'm thinking we had/have it but we just got screwed by RNG.
    We never use green, we go blue red.
    Green sucks for healing, if you did blue then red you could use 2 healers.

We go green/blue/red (and push red fast like the guy above). We also 2 heal, and are melee heavy (resto druid/disc priest). We have 2 pallys that devo aura to help out. By the first transition phase we have him around 66% and the rest is cake. Try 2 healing and see what happens. It made it fairly easy for us.

If you 3 heal it then you should be pushing 20 stacks minimum to extend the first phase so people can dps. Once you get the hang of it even pushing close to 40 isn't impossible though its probably a bit too much to ask for a first kill.

It's really not ideal to offer advice without logs. We can't see your composition and more importantly we can't see how smart you are with cooldown usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    We never use green, we go blue red.
    Green sucks for healing, if you did blue then red you could use 2 healers.
    I don't think he has enough DPS to skip green.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    I don't think he has enough DPS to skip green.
    Even if you don't skip it fire is easier to deal with then poison.
    Also if he did it this way he would gain 1 dps since you 2 heal it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Even if you don't skip it fire is easier to deal with then poison.
    Also if he did it this way he would gain 1 dps since you 2 heal it.
    Thats just like, your opinion man I found the poison a lot easier to deal with as our raid comp let most people deal with it for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to 2 heal it. The DPS requirement is really high, especially for your gear. And one tank it. There is literally no reason to 2 tank it on normal.

Tips and tricks; Go Green>Blue>Red. Push the first phase as long as possible. Use Devo Aura if you have Paladins. OP for 10+ stacks.
    Abuse Warlock Portals for the kiting. Try to push that phase to 10 stacks before breaking the prisoner out.

The easiest way to beat this fight is to kill him before you have to do anything on the 3rd door.
    I'm just here to complain, if I'm being honest

If you are getting the fixate twice in a row it means you are too far away from him when he is picking his next target. When you get fixated for the first time you don't need to use all of your movespeed buffs especially if its early in p2, think of it more as kiting rather then running as far away as possible.

The stacks of screech seem fine, that is about how much our guild takes, the problem is probably low dps, but that will get better in time with more gear. Just make sure every1 is picking the right talents and so on for that fight, as a mage I swap specs and change a couple of talents and glyphs just for that fight.
    Last edited by Aktec; 2013-10-21 at 11:55 PM.

Deleted
    We're currently running:

Pala tank
    Druid Tank
    Disc
    Resto Sham
    MW Monk
    Destro Lock
    Shadow Priest
    WW Monk
    Hunter (Survival i think?)
    Frost Mage

Is that a bad comp?

Deleted
    The poison ticks rather hard - make sure to dispell it right away, especially if someone gets 2 stacks. That can be hard with "out of range"-issues, but the poison kept wiping us on our firstkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You should be able to get to 20+ stacks in phase 1. Push your CD's later or reorganize them somewhat.
    In 10 man? don't know what combo you had, but we couldn't get past 13 and with 13 you have every second a silent. But we only had one melee (rogue).

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    You need to 2 heal it. The DPS requirement is really high, especially for your gear. And one tank it. There is literally no reason to 2 tank it on normal.

Tips and tricks; Go Green>Blue>Red. Push the first phase as long as possible. Use Devo Aura if you have Paladins. OP for 10+ stacks.
    Abuse Warlock Portals for the kiting. Try to push that phase to 10 stacks before breaking the prisoner out.

The easiest way to beat this fight is to kill him before you have to do anything on the 3rd door.
    It depends highly on the combo and the raid DPS.

Our Combo:
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000

we had about 200k DPS per person and 3 Healers.

13 Stacks => Green prison
    13 Stacks => Blue prison
    10 Stacks => Red prison

then we kitet him, till he was dead, about 2 minutes before the enrage.

hi guys,

I was actually wondering what are good % markers for switching between phases? We are after first night of progression there, got to around 15% wipes in and after the red phase.

We get the boss to around 72% in first phase, kite him till 10-12 stacks, and then have screech phases till around 10 stacks. Three healing it with 2 tanks.

We go blue > green > red. I read someone recommending green > blue > red (or blue > red but we dont have dps for it I think) - what is the benefit of having green first?

10+ Year Old Account
    You have almost all ranged in your raid and your WW monk can use SEF to put some dps on the boss during the chase phase. You should be able to do a lot of damage during the chases so you might try pushing that out as far as you can. Get the priests to either drop feathers or use speed bubble to help people kite. Every single person in your raid has some sort of personal speed boost and you have the lock tunnel so you should be able to push 12 stacks.