Poll: Do you like my work over these two races?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    v 0.1
    (Howling Fjord is the land of Vrykuls, starting area in the red cirlcle, capital marked by the star. The lore-quests will mainly explain you the origins and traditions of the Vrykuls and will make you fight the remnant forces of the Lich King)
    But but but... where do you put Valgarde if you put a Horde capital just next to it and put the starting zone in it ?
    You'd have to change completely the starting experience for Alliance players in Northrend !

I think Arakkoa should have paladins instead of druids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    But but but... where do you put Valgarde if you put a Horde capital just next to it and put the starting zone in it ?
    You'd have to change completely the starting experience for Alliance players in Northrend !
    Valgarde will be taken by the Vrykuls! Thanks to the help of Sylvanas' forces in Howling Fjord. No worry ally will get revenge somehow somewhere x)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Horde Vrykul? That makes no sense what so ever....
    Make it Horde Arakkoa and Alliance Vrykul and logic will be fulfilled...

Also, Vrykul don't want to be DKs? What? Noone want to be a DK, you're forced into it..
    Arrakoa are not druidic in any sense.. Doesn't make sense to let them be druids..
    Ignore this guy.
    Vrykul are perfect for the horde. They should have been horde race much earlier imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I think Arakkoa should have paladins instead of druids.
    How can you imagine an averse harpy-like humanoid being a bringer of light and a protector of the innocents? Also... not much sense about them wearing plate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Ignore this guy.
    Vrykul are perfect for the horde. They should have been horde race much earlier imo.
    Agree, +1!

How can you imagine an averse harpy-like humanoid being a bringer of light and a protector of the innocents? Also... not much sense about them wearing plate.
    Because the arakkoa worship the Light, at least the ones in Shattrath do which are the ones most likely to be made playable.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rather have Ogre for Horde and Vrykul for Alliance.

Those are both giant races and they make more sense that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post

The alliance really doesn't need another version of humans. Vrykul are just large humans that act like orcs.

I've wanted a vrykul Shaman ever since I saw them in WOTLK. We need a Norde like race and they should be Horde. But as for the Arakkoa's no. I just don't think the model works.

Deleted
    Valgarde will be taken by the Vrykuls! Thanks to the help of Sylvanas' forces in Howling Fjord. No worry ally will get revenge somehow somewhere x)
    Not that I disagree with the concept, but if you destroy all possibilities of questing in the Fjord for Alliance, the Toundra should be Alliance only...
    Let's face it, putting Valgarde / Utgarde as a Horde capital city is like saying Alliance should quest in some corner of Mulgore or that Horde should have a quest node in Teldrassil.
    For Skettis, the problem is different since Shattrath (big city in Terrokar) would stay neutral, and Skettis is pretty on the side of the zone so out of the way.
    Sooooo if you redo quests in the Fjord and in the Toundra, you'll have to change all other zones in Northrend, since they're connected and to ensure a coherence in the continent.
    Yeah no I don't see that happening before Bolvar decides to get his frozen ass out of his throne and go berserk (read Wrath of The Lich King 2)

10+ Year Old Account
    The alliance really doesn't need another version of humans. Vrykul are just large humans that act like orcs.
    No more than Goblins are just small Orcs that act like Humans.

Deleted
    Accoring with the lore, Vrykuls dislike/hate/refuse Humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darknessxpersists View Post
    I've wanted a vrykul Shaman ever since I saw them in WOTLK. We need a Norde like race and they should be Horde. But as for the Arakkoa's no. I just don't think the model works.
    Dude Arakkoa's actual model is almost unplayable, you have to imagine a remodeled concept.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm bored of fat races in the horde

No more than Goblins are just small Orcs that act like Humans.
    You could argue that, but the alliance also has tiny humans, small furry humans, and humans that turn into wolves. I think the alliance has plenty of humans.

Deleted
    How can you imagine a tribal native indian cow-like humanoid being a bringer of light and a protector of the innocents ?
    It's like saying : hey man, you can't be in the Light club, you're too ugly !
    Some Arrakoa worship Old Gods, some worship Terrok, some believe in the Light, so it's possible for them to be paladin.
    If you tell me for balance purpose they can't, yes I can agree with you. But lorewise, it's not impossible !

Also there are lots of Arrakoa that wear plate.
    Look in Skettis and Setthekk, all those warrior types that have armors and polearms !
    They wear robes under the plates, yes, but so do paladins ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm bored of fat races in the horde
    lol

Fair enough.

Still a well thought out thread at any rate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    How can you imagine a tribal native indian cow-like humanoid being a bringer of light and a protector of the innocents ?
    It's like saying : hey man, you can't be in the Light club, you're too ugly !
    Some Arrakoa worship Old Gods, some worship Terrok, some believe in the Light, so it's possible for them to be paladin.
    If you tell me for balance purpose they can't, yes I can agree with you. But lorewise, it's not impossible !

Also there are lots of Arrakoa that wear plate.
    Look in Skettis and Setthekk, all those warrior types that have armors and polearms !
    They wear robes under the plates, yes, but so do paladins ^^
    +1 for the irony ..by this way you know, everyone can be everything. I just like more to imagine Arakkoas as a non-plate race.

Vrykul

General highlights:

- Horde side
    - starting location is in Howling Fjord, the area around Utgarde Keep (which is the capital).
    - this race starts at level 63 and is meant to complete the starting area not before level 67.
    - racial mounts are bears (polar, grizzly, grey).
    - race's boss is King Ymiron, followed by his wife Queen Angerboda.

(King Ymiron and Queen Angerboda)

(Howling Fjord is the land of Vrykuls, starting area in the red cirlcle, capital marked by the star. The lore-quests will mainly explain you the origins and traditions of the Vrykuls and will make you fight the remnant forces of the Lich King)

Race bonuses:
    Northern Bones (passive) = reduces frost damage taken by 1% and the duration of chilling effects on self are reduced by 10%.
    Dragonflayer's Might (passive) = increases damage dealt versus dragonkins by 5%.
    Frozen Soul = freezes your body to reduce physical damage taken by 20% and adds a chilling effect to your melee attacks. Lasts 10 seconds, 3 minuted cooldown.

("Frozen Soul" buff effect)

Race/class combination:
    D.K. =
    V
    Druid =
    X
    Hunter = V
    (starting pet is the Shoveltusk, finally available in the boar family).
    Mage = V
    Monk = X
    Paladin = X
    Priest = X
    Rogue = V
    Shaman = V
    Warlock = V
    Warrior =
    V

Additional concepts:

(a Vrykul that doesn't like photos)

(Ladies Vrykul with lvl 70 green starting set mail)

(A female Vrykul hunter during "Frozen Soul")

(A Warrior Vrykul confused about the Pandaren race)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Arakkoa

General highlights:

- Alliance side
    - starting location is Terokkar Forest, near the area of Skettis (WARNING!: You will be part of the Skettis Exiles so the quests make you fight the evil Arakkoas of Terokk and makes you conquer Skettis which will become your capital).
    - this race starts at level 63 and is meant to complete the starting area not before level 67.
    - racial mount is the Raven Lord (variable colors).
    - race's boss are Kirrik the Awakened and Rilak the Redeemed.

(you, supported by Kirrik and Rilak, leaders of the Exiles, will have to take Skettis back and expel the evil Terokk's presence)

(Terokkar Forest is the main land of Arakkoas, starting area lvl 63 in the red circle (floating island nagrand style) and Skettis will be the capital after having completed the chain lore-quests around level 67).

Race bonuses:
    Shrewdness (passive) = expertise and haste rating increase by 1%.
    Feathered Cloak (passive) = melee attacks received have a chance to release sharp feathers which deal damage equal to 1% of your maximum health.
    Rapacious Impulse = you peck violently at the enemy's eyes causing damage equal to your agility plus disorienting him for 2 seconds. Doesn't work against mechanicals or elementals, 3 minutes cooldown.
    Ravenform = allows you to fly with the form of the raven, granting also 10% faster health and mana regeneration.

Race/class combination:

D.K. = X {they don't know what a Death Knight is}.
    Druid = V (shapes have to be appositely changed into other kind of animals, flying form shared with racial "Ravenform")
    Hunter = V
    (starting pet is the Kaliri, an owl of the birds of prey family).
    Mage = V
    Monk = X
    Paladin = X
    Priest = V
    Rogue = V
    Shaman = V
    Warlock = V
    Warrior = X

Additional concepts:

(Arakkoa's architectural style)

(an awesome Arakkoa artwork, actual models have to be, of course, replaced)

(An Arakkoa Mage trying to communicate feelings)

Thank you all about the nice comments, I'll answer to most of the reviews:

About Vrykuls
    - King Ymiron and his wife Angerboda died yes, but didn't die every boss we killed too? I mean, I don't see any other possible leader for Vrykuls, let them raise again and say sorry to everyone and give an high-five to Thrall. Ymiron was evil cause of the Lich King's control over him (false but just imagining a Blizz explanation).
    - Vrykuls to the Horde just because they really dislike Humans and have a "barbarian concept" that will fit very well into the Horde. They also live with the Valkyrs, allied with Sylvanas.

About Arakkoas
    - Arakkoas can be druid, I think, because they live in the Terokkar Forest, on tree-houses. They are also basically birds, so they're already so a kind of shapeshift! Also think at the awesome bird-style forms that can be created.
    - they can fly as racial... what's the problem? It's just like a mount with 2 sec cast.

About high level starting
    - I don't see any problem, except for the fact that their start will include lot of class' abilities together that may cause confusion to new players. So maybe they should be playable like DKs, you can roll them if you have at least a lvl 65 character (example).
    one problem about this mate, we killed both of the vryk'ul(spelling) you thought as a "boss" oh and excluding a faction from the Hero class is something blizzard won't ever do..
    Last edited by Kharli; 2013-10-22 at 05:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    one problem about this mate, we killed both of the vryk'ul(spelling) you thought as a "boss"
    Quoting all the main topic is pretty sick
    BTW: resurrection inc.

Deleted
    +1 for the irony ..by this way you know, everyone can be everything. I just like more to imagine Arakkoas as a non-plate race.
    I understand the feeling.
    I think it's a race with many promising aspects.
    Worgen once were all the same, with no real intelligence and no civilization. But they had some storylines pending, and Blizzard made them a nice playable race. I think Arakkoa have the same potential, presuming of course they get a change of model (the current one is limited and a bit aging...)