Poll: Do you like my work over these two races?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    - Vrykuls to the Horde just because they really dislike Humans and have a "barbarian concept" that will fit very well into the Horde.
    That's it, all credibility lost. Also, have you not noticed where the game is heading with the SoO cinematic?

Deleted
    Not a fan of vrykul, but a thousand YES for Alliance arakkoa!

Like the concept, hate the overpowered racials.

Vrykul would be a possibility, alas not very likely. And I do hope Arakkoa never ever become playable.

In general I don't feel like we need a new race yet again.

There are SO many ideas for new races and neither Vrykul nor Arakkoa are on the top 10 of interesting races to come.
    Not saying it might not happen, and that it would be terrible if it did, but i'd prefer to see any of the other 10 races first.

Still, Pandaren came out of no where so who knows. Next playable race may be a snail or whatever.

Great new races, not so great concept.
    Rethink it more then present it to us a second time, we'll wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    My ! Do you really want Vrykul to dance like Blood Elves ?? There are moves from the male AND female dance here !

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Why should vrykul join horde?
    This: "The quest Anguish of Nifflevar states that vrykul children born in a certain time after their gods "abandoned" them, approximately 15,000 years ago, were "weak and ugly". King Ymiron ordered all those children to be killed" Wich was the first humans.

Source: http://www.wowpedia.org/Vrykul

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl View Post
    My ! Do you really want Vrykul to dance like Blood Elves ?? There are moves from the male AND female dance here !
    BE males do Napoleon Dynamite.
    BE female do Brittany Spears Toxic.

No one does Techno Viking. YET.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vrykul's best racial - Too Big! - Your character is now entirely too big and won't be able to fit through most doors. Hope you have Noggenfogger handy at all times!
    Look! Words!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spekzor View Post
    This: "The quest Anguish of Nifflevar states that vrykul children born in a certain time after their gods "abandoned" them, approximately 15,000 years ago, were "weak and ugly". King Ymiron ordered all those children to be killed" Wich was the first humans.
    And if you accept the statement that Humans/the Alliance killed the Lich King, then they'll have shown that view to be wrong. Ymiron was also the Vrykul who pushed that view....and he and many of his followers were killed off as well. The Vrykul also value strength...and with their Civil ar, the Horde have shown themselves weak as well.

Not saying its a bad idea to give the Horde Vrykul, but if you want to justify it, you'll probably want a better excuse...especially as the Vrykul also see the Horde as weak

EJL

I would give Vrykul to the Alliance for a couple reasons:
    - since their reverence to the Lich King should remain, the fact that they follow a human could lead them to continue doing so. Yes, they perceived him as being their death god, but that was the old regime that's now fallen.
    - they were once their children but were abandoned because they were seen as weak. With the near destruction of their forces, it is clearly evident that the human race is far from it.
    - they battled with the Taunka for a while, and may not be so keen on joining up with their tauren relatives.

I would also take away Mage/Warlock from Vrykul and give them Druid and Priest instead. They are a more nature based race than arcane, and the concept of a Death God clearly signifies the presence of religion or faith in their culture.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Before I even opened it I thought to myself. This better be Techno Viking or Im flaming this guy hard.

Shut up and take my gold!

Horde can have Vrykul
    Alliance can have High Elves.
    Horde can have Mechagnomes
    Alliance can have Mag'har,
    Horde can have Nighter Elves (they are the savage cousins of night elves that I made up just now).
    Alliance can it's own faction of trolls.
    Horde can have Dark Iron Dwarves
    Alliance can have Yaungol
    Horde can have Redeemed Eredar
    and Alliance can have it's own faction of goblins.

There we go. Homogenization complete.

Or you can just roll an Alliance toon and pop an elixir of giant growth; accepting the fact that if you want a specific aesthetic, you have to pick sides. That's where the war in Warcraft comes into play.

Plus Vrykul and Arakkoa would require backtracking, plot wise, and development time wasted on repurposing parts of Northrend and Outlands. I'd rather move forward personally.

I want to see Nazjatar, I want to see the Emerald Dream, I want to see K'aresh, I want to see Xoroth, I want to see Argus.

Plus the Arakkoa are a bit of a joke. They are an easter egg. They are modelled after the "Skexis" in the movie "The Dark Crystal." Skexis, Skettis. Coincidence, absolutely not, Because TBC is completely crammed full of easter eggs like that.

The Vrykul are in there for the sake of having a human origin plot string. I mean I get it, from an artistic perspective the Vrykul were pretty cool. I like ketchup too, but keep it off of my birthday cake. Thanks.

I really like your ideas, I'd like to see some vrykul or Arakkoa in the cities

Deleted
    BE males do Napoleon Dynamite.
    BE female do Brittany Spears Toxic.

No one does Techno Viking. YET.
    I know I know, that was ironic !
    I looked at your video, and some of the move the big guy did was reminiscent of some of the moves of the blood elves dance ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    if the vrykul ever joined a faction it would most likely be a tribe or group who defied the kings orders to slay the small children and would most likely join the allaince since you know basically great grand children... at least i hope so because horde makes no sense

Deleted
    Great read. Wouldn't mind if this actaully happened.