Poll: Do you like my work over these two races?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I very much would LOVE to see Vrykul playable (Tho as Alliance, but i'll take what I can get to have them).

Arrakoa....uninteresting(to me) and far too ugly, I would never play one.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

15+ Year Old Account
    The reason Humans exist at all is because some of the Vrykul didn't share the same view as the majority. Who knows how many of them there ultimately were?

Deleted
    So whats the lore behind vyrkul joinkng the horde?

>Frozen Soul = freezes your body(...)

Stopped reading there, instant dislike from me.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Vrykul's best racial - Too Big! - Your character is now entirely too big and won't be able to fit through most doors. Hope you have Noggenfogger handy at all times!
    Racial ability: Crawl - activate to get on all fours and crawl through puny races' doors

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I would also take away Mage/Warlock from Vrykul and give them Druid and Priest instead. They are a more nature based race than arcane, and the concept of a Death God clearly signifies the presence of religion or faith in their culture.
    Runemasters say hi:
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=23960

Also:
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=31783

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Before I even opened it I thought to myself. This better be Techno Viking or Im flaming this guy hard.
    Yup, it's a no brainer.

why no priests and DKs? there were a lot of vrykul DKs under the lich king, and priests are the only class that can turn into a val'kyr.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Horde can have Vrykul
    Plus the Arakkoa are a bit of a joke. They are an easter egg. They are modelled after the "Skexis" in the movie "The Dark Crystal." Skexis, Skettis. Coincidence, absolutely not, Because TBC is completely crammed full of easter eggs like that.
    The Pandaren originally started out as a joke race (Far more explicitly than the Arrakoa - is that actually a well known film?) and yet we got a whole expansion out of them. I'd love an Arrakoa race for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde, and they could provide some good lore on the Old Gods and Titan's respectively (Some Arrakoa can be seen summoning what looks like an Old God in Outland, and the Ogre are descended from the Gronn, in turn descended from the mystical and very Titan sounding Earth Giants of Draenor.).

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreePies View Post
    if the vrykul ever joined a faction it would most likely be a tribe or group who defied the kings orders to slay the small children and would most likely join the allaince since you know basically great grand children... at least i hope so because horde makes no sense
    Uhm.. no.

I would race change my blood elf to vrykul in a heartbeat but make them available for priest.. Vrykul Shadow priest hell yea?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, there are Vrykul Druids npc so they should be allowed to roll as one, and yes I would love to play as a Vrykul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Uhm.. no.

I would race change my blood elf to vrykul in a heartbeat but make them available for priest.. Vrykul Shadow priest hell yea?
    Hello, I have to admit a Vrykul SP would be very very nice, but as disc/holy totally not

Quote Originally Posted by Ricirich91 View Post
    Hello, I have to admit a Vrykul SP would be very very nice, but as disc/holy totally not
    why not? val'kyr are vrykul women, and holy priests can turn into val'kyr.

also: Fjola Lightbane was totally a holy priestess.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

I'd like it if the Vrykul was Alliance. We don't need more races added to this game and they've said they want to do subraces. It would make more sense if the Vrykul were a subrace of the Alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    The Pandaren originally started out as a joke race (Far more explicitly than the Arrakoa - is that actually a well known film?) and yet we got a whole expansion out of them. I'd love an Arrakoa race for the Alliance and Ogres for the Horde, and they could provide some good lore on the Old Gods and Titan's respectively (Some Arrakoa can be seen summoning what looks like an Old God in Outland, and the Ogre are descended from the Gronn, in turn descended from the mystical and very Titan sounding Earth Giants of Draenor.).
    My thoughts exactly.

I would personally hate to see Arrakoa as a race. They are just way too ugly, and I cannot picture anything that feathery being a melee class. Vrykul on the other hand are epic. Would absolutely love to play as one. Alternatively, I would welcome it if some of their model features were merged into the human models.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Uhm.. no.
    Umm...why not? I thought the same thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    - Horde fits better than Alliance (unless you reimagine the Arathi as the clan of Vrykul that broke from the rest to keep the fledgling Humans alive and make these Arathi the playable Alliance Vrykul. Still like Horde better).

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we have reasons why they would join said factions? (My bad if I didn't see such explanations in previous posts yet.) I suppose Vrykul would at least give some people a "human" on the Horde side, given the descendancy.

Although if Horde got Ogres, I could also see leaving the model as all male while at the same time giving Hyldnir type Vrykul to Alliance as all female.

10+ Year Old Account
    These are 2 races i'm really waiting to play (i also want Nagas, then i'm ok with anything else), but why wouldn't the Arakkoa be able to be warriors? some of the Arrakoa NPC that we fight in Outlands are warriors

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OzoAndIndi View Post
    Do we have reasons why they would join said factions? (My bad if I didn't see such explanations in previous posts yet.) I suppose Vrykul would at least give some people a "human" on the Horde side, given the descendancy.

Although if Horde got Ogres, I could also see leaving the model as all male while at the same time giving Hyldnir type Vrykul to Alliance as all female.
    The Arakkoa worked in the past with the Alliance and they don't really like Orcs, and Vrykul saw the humans as deformed childs (there could also be Vrykul that may see them as their childs, so is easy to give a reason to put them in one faction or the other)...

Also Ogres are not only males, there are no female ogres models ingame but there are female ogres lorewise, is the same as worgens... before they were released as a playable race, there weren't female models or look at the lost ones and brokens there are no female model ingame but we know they are corrupted Draenei so... there are female brokens and female lost ones...

Deleted
    I would pay alot of money to play as a Vrykul, my favourite race that has ever been added to the game, I don't care what lore they have to pull out of their asses to make it happen, what faction they join, I wana be a Vrykul Shaman!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still hoping to play a female Vrykul hunter one day....

10+ Year Old Account
    Arakkoa would be really cool, birdlike people would be something completely new since all the current races are mammalian. Of course their playable model would have to be completely redone, just like the goblins, worgen, and draenei were (blood elves too, although theirs was just a peachy colored night elf and was technically a high elf,) so saying that they are too ugly doesn't make much sense because other previously unplayable race's models were ugly and they all look fine as playable characters.

You could customize their feather patterns like hairstyles, some would have short little feathers that would look better on melee classes, while there would also be longer feathers like the ones on the current models. They could have scraggly, styled, smooth, etc feathers, customizable beaks, and there would be lots of color options. The playable models might be more upright and not have the crazy fingers (at least not while standing normally, maybe as an idle animation) and would probably be around the size of a male orc or just a bit bigger.

The Raven Lord doesn't make sense as a racial mount, since it's a creature who's worshiped as a god. I think a basilisk or warp stalker would make a better racial mount since they are normal animals that are running around everywhere in Terokkar Forest where most of the arakkoas are.

Vrykul though, I'd rather not see as a playable race. They are really cool and have more lore behind them than arakkoa, and their architecture is nice looking, but there are already a lot of playable races similar to humans and having another one, even if they are on the Horde, would just seem boring when there are plenty of nonhuman-looking races to choose from (or create)
    Last edited by Ostrich; 2013-12-04 at 03:11 AM.