Am I asking for to much??

Would it be unreasonable for me to enter a Zone press Shift+Spacebar and see a Stat sheet showing a daily leaderboard that Shows Kills/Deaths/Dishonorable Kills(lowbie/npc farming) and the time since the last active PvP in the zone?(Maybe even be able to access this info from anywhere)

It could show more but this would be an awesome start I think. So is this to much to ask for?

Edit: I'm not trying to avoid WPvP we can already do that with Dungeon Finder, I'm trying to make WPvP more accessible.
    Last edited by Geminiel; 2013-10-23 at 03:51 PM.

What would be your goal from this?

If I read this correctly, when you enter say Eastern Plague lands, you want to bring up a fact sheet with the requested information? Couple problems I see:

1) CRZ will give you bogus stats
    2) Zone Phasing will also give bogus stats, ie. Karasong Wilds if you haven't done Lions Landing/Dominance Point you won't see the PvP.
    3) Computing time to compile the requested information may impact loading times/lag/ect.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    What would be your goal from this?

If I read this correctly, when you enter say Eastern Plague lands, you want to bring up a fact sheet with the requested information? Couple problems I see:

1) CRZ will give you bogus stats
    2) Zone Phasing will also give bogus stats, ie. Karasong Wilds if you haven't done Lions Landing/Dominance Point you won't see the PvP.
    3) Computing time to compile the requested information may impact loading times/lag/ect.
    1) Connected realms appears to be the next step of CRZ which would make these stats less bogus(especially if they continue to improve CRZ which is the plan)
    2) Phasing is a very temporary issue, once you've completed the quests you will be apart of the zone collectively
    3) Raids output a far greater amount of Data and don't cause problems, 40vs40 in Battlegrounds have no problem updating data, Damage doesn't need to be shown in zones because it isn't relevant.

I'd like to be able to find Zones where people are actively PvPing, or potentially even phase into zones with active PvP through CRZ(As CRZ gets improved this should become more of a possibility). The whole reason I joined a PvP server was for PvP and currently other than Timeless Isle World PvP is still non-existent and I believe it's because it isn't accessible.

Other then flying through every zone and asking people whether or not they are getting ganked, or flat out getting lucky and finding a 90(who will most likely be idle and run for the hills after you take him down.) there just isn't anyway to find people who are looking to fight for the hell of it.

World PvP is fun because it isn't predictable, no bots, and its far more personal. Furthermore, a leaderboard encourages World PvP. Some people will want that top position and if a point system is used instead of Kills being the only factor all Class Roles can be supported. Also no rewards(maybe some novelty crap) other than honor, just for fun.
    Last edited by Geminiel; 2013-10-23 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    I'm guessing you play on a PvP server and you're looking for a way to avoid WPvP activity while leveling. The attraction of a PvP server is (supposed to be?) the fact that you can be attacked out of nowhere by the opposing faction, so I doubt giving you a tool to avoid "hotspots" is gonna happen. If you only want to PvP when it suits you, you're probably better off on a PvE server.

Then again, maybe you're looking for a way to join the WPvP fun when and where it happens. In that case, I can see how your suggestion might help create a more active WPvP scene. Knowing who's been going around killing and where, hunt them down give 'em a taste of their own medicine, both sides getting more people involved, battles of Tarren Mill / Southshore proportions, wait I'm getting nostalgic here... :P

EDIT: Was afk for a bit and didn't see the replies before posting mine. Looks like my first guess was wrong :-)
    Last edited by mmocae5f6b9a08; 2013-10-23 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler07 View Post
    I'm guessing you play on a PvP server and you're looking for a way to avoid WPvP activity while leveling. The attraction of a PvP server is (supposed to be?) the fact that you can be attacked out of nowhere by the opposing faction, so I doubt giving you a tool to avoid "hotspots" is gonna happen. If you only want to PvP when it suits you, you're probably better off on a PvE server.

Then again, maybe you're looking for a way to join the WPvP fun when and where it happens. In that case, I can see how your suggestion might help create a more active WPvP scene. Knowing who's been going around killing and where, hunt them down give 'em a taste of their own medicine, both sides getting more people involved, battles of Tarren Mill / Southshore proportions, wait I'm getting nostalgic here... :P
    You sir are correct in your 2nd paragraph. I can see how players would use this to avoid PvP on a PvP server(which they can already do in dungeons) can slightly benefit but the goal is to improve WPvP.

It isn't rational that I could potentially(I don't) find my inner serial killer and go on a Lowbie Holocaust and not a damn person is informed about said actions. No wanted poster, no warning that a random Gnome is Terrorizing the Barrens.

I know wow isn't real life but I have to believe on your way to massacring a small village alone that someone managed to get word out about you which logically should piss off people in your faction from a lore perspective. I enjoyed the battle of TM and SS even when getting ganked because there would always be somebody near my level I could at least compete with. WPvP doesn't last anymore because people don't even know it is happening. This system could at least be a start to informing people of WPvP and bring some incentive to helping out your faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiel View Post
    I'd like to be able to find Zones where people are actively PvPing, or potentially even phase into zones with active PvP through CRZ(As CRZ gets improved this should become more of a possibility). The whole reason I joined a PvP server was for PvP and currently other than Timeless Isle World PvP is still non-existent and I believe it's because it isn't accessible.

Other then flying through every zone and asking people whether or not they are getting ganked, or flat out getting lucky and finding a 90(who will most likely be idle and run for the hills after you take him down.) there just isn't anyway to find people who are looking to fight for the hell of it.

World PvP is fun because it isn't predictable, no bots, and its far more personal. Furthermore, a leaderboard encourages World PvP. Some people will want that top position and if a point system is used instead of Kills being the only factor all Class Roles can be supported. Also no rewards(maybe some novelty crap) other than honor, just for fun.
    Problem with WPvP is it actually favors PvE geared individuals, especially those that raid top end modes. Example, currently I have no desire to attempt to kill a Hunter with 600k HP in PvE gear while my Rogue only has 400k in PvP Gear. I'm afraid your leader boards would just be filled with PvErs and not the PvP community.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere