Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

What is up with GC response to LFR?

Obviously, this guy is way out of tune from what PG is. PG by no means ensures you know what you are doing. It also by no means ensures that you can do LFR. PG is easy for some classes, hard for others, and just not possible for a few. MW monks for healing I still cant pass, while Hpal was easy. Point is, PG is not balanced nearly well enough for him to make such a claim and it be effective. Now, this is worrysome because he is considering having the PG medals be your requirement to enter LFR.

He also doesnt understand that tanks have been quitting LFR since before 5.4. SoO just highlighted all of the problems lfr had, making it less appealing to tanks.

I don't really run LFR, but it seems like GC really doesn't know why tanks dont run lfr or why PG medals being able to lower the ilevel required for entry is a bad thing.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2013-10-21 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Now, this is worrysome because he is considering having the PG medals be your requirement to enter LFR.
    directly from the frontpage article you read:

Did i get you wrong that it should be an additional prerequisite? Or would it either be ilevel or pgs?
    Yeah, we would never require PGs for LFR. It would just be a way to demonstrate that you didn't need the ilevel.
    he also just went on to say that if you had the PG medal, you could get in on a lower ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    directly from the frontpage article you read:

he also just went on to say that if you had the PG medal, you could get in on a lower ilvl.
    going in at a lower ilevel wont help nothing. PG doesn't test anything well enough. The way its set up just wont let some classes complete it while others have it way easy at completing it.

why are you complaining? they aren't going to require it for lfr. they aren't removing the ability to join with a simple ilvl check.

Deleted
    MW monks for healing I still cant pass, while Hpal was easy. Point is, PG is not balanced nearly well enough for him to make such a claim and it be effective.
    Maybe you are better at playing holy paladin than mistweaver monk? Ghostcrawler is not talking about endless 30 being a requirement. Every single class in the game can complete bronze, silver and gold without much effort. Class balance is not really important at those levels that GC is talking about.

He also doesnt understand that tanks have been quitting LFR since before 5.4. SoO just highlighted all of the problems lfr had, making it less appealing to tanks.

I don't really run LFR, but it seems like GF really doesn't know why tanks dont run lfr or why PG medals being the required entry is a bad thing. PG medals would just make it worse.
    One of the biggest reasons tanks are no longer doing LFR is because of the 1/n vegeance change. I used to maintain 2 tank alts before, doing dungeons every week capping VP on them. Now I rerolled all my tank alts into dps/healer since the 1/n completely ruined tanking dungeons and it also ruined tanking in LFR (but not to the same extent as tanking dungeons).

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Maybe you are better at playing holy paladin than mistweaver monk? Ghostcrawler is not talking about endless 30 being a requirement. Every single class in the game can complete bronze, silver and gold without much effort. Class balance is not really important at those levels that GC is talking about.
    I am better at Hpal, but your gear is scaled down and I literally cannot do it as a MW. I get to 7 and then im oom.

One of the biggest reasons tanks are no longer doing LFR is because of the 1/n vegeance change. I used to maintain 2 tank alts before, doing dungeons every week capping VP on them. Now I rerolled all my tank alts into dps/healer since the 1/n completely ruined tanking dungeons and it also ruined tanking in LFR (but not to the same extent as tanking dungeons).
    Im sorry, im not sure what you are talking about. I have not noticed any issues with threat via vengeance since 5.4 if that is what you mean. I ran a ton of heroics and chain pulled and not once lost aggro. I don't tank LFR because the dps suck, healers slack, and no one cares. Plus trying to get the group to actually boot one of the slackers is impossible.

Deleted
    I am better at Hpal, but your gear is scaled down and I literally cannot do it as a MW. I get to 7 and then im oom.
    So it seems like it works properly? And that you should probably practice your MW monk?

Im sorry, im not sure what you are talking about. I have not noticed any issues with threat via vengeance since 5.4 if that is what you mean. I ran a ton of heroics and chain pulled and not once lost aggro. I don't tank LFR because the dps suck, healers slack, and no one cares. Plus trying to get the group to actually boot one of the slackers is impossible.
    Playing a tank class that does not have completely overpowered threat abilities, tanking a dungeon is a nightmare if there is competant dps in it.

So it seems like it works properly? And that you should probably practice your MW monk?
    I like to think I know my MW enough to know its not working well. I healed Many a raid undergeared yet topping charts on them.

Playing a tank class that does not have completely overpowered threat abilities, tanking a dungeon is a nightmare if there is competant dps in it.
    Not really? What tanking classes do you play where you cannot even hold aggro?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...because he is considering having the PG medals be your requirement to enter LFR.

I don't really run LFR, but it seems like GF really doesn't know why tanks dont run lfr or why PG medals being the required entry is a bad thing. PG medals would just make it worse.
    No he's not. Read again. He's said they're thinking of using PG medals to lower the ilevel you need to enter LFR.

Jesus people...

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    No he's not. Read again. He's said they're thinking of using PG medals to lower the ilevel you need to enter LFR.

Jesus people...
    Doesn't help anything. A lower ilevel in LFR where people in the right ilevel don't care wont solve any problems. Itll just make it worse.

Any class/spec can complete proving grounds gold its been proven just take a look at wowprogress rankings for it. Just topping some healing meters in a raid doesn't mean you're the best healer, it could mean you just aoe healed enough and relied on others during crucial moments or whatever. Having PG could easily help players that are skilled enough but don't have an ilvl requirement because a good player can do more dps than you'd need to do with less ilvl than it takes to get into LFR. People ALREADY cheese the ilvl requirement anyways.

It actually appears the MW is doing slightly better than Hpal in them.
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-10-21 at 04:05 AM.

Doubt it. On which class tanking is supposed to be "ruined" for lfr. I have pretty much a tanking alt of each class but druids and I don't have any real issues. You can't carry the raid as hard as you did prior to the change but that's about it.

Deleted
    Not really? What tanking classes do you play where you cannot even hold aggro?
    560 ilvl protection paladin. Sitting on between 5-15k vengeance in a dungeon, it is 100% impossible to keep aggro against a similarly geared dps. Queueing dungeons with guild mates is a nightmare, I just /afk since there is no point even trying.

The first week of 5.4 I queued as a dps on my tank classes in tank spec and tank gear, but after that week I just rerolled instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Doubt it. On which class tanking is supposed to be "ruined". I have pretty much a tanking alt of each class but druids and I don't have any real issues.
    There are no issues as long as the dps is incompetant, but if the dps knows what to do, there is not a single thing you can do about it.

going in at a lower ilevel wont help nothing. PG doesn't test anything well enough. The way its set up just wont let some classes complete it while others have it way easy at completing it.
    they're considering it.
    you're making a fucking pyramid out of an ant hill.

560 ilvl protection paladin. Sitting on between 5-15k vengeance in a dungeon, it is 100% impossible to keep aggro against a similarly geared dps. Queueing dungeons with guild mates is a nightmare, I just /afk since there is no point even trying.
    Im a 547 ilevel geared Prot Paladin. I tank just fine in heroics while chain pulling against pug dps that happen to have similar if not better geared ilevel. Not sure why you are having problems. I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    they're considering it.
    you're making a fucking pyramid out of an ant hill.
    LFR is already a nightmare. I don't want it to get worse. So much so I cant even get a healing trinket because I can't stand that mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't help anything. A lower ilevel in LFR where people in the right ilevel don't care wont solve any problems. Itll just make it worse.
    Maybe but my point is that OP was flailing around and worrying about something GC *didn't say*. It gets tiresome to have people post freakouts stemming from flat out wrong information.

LFR is already a nightmare. I don't want it to get worse. So much so I cant even get a healing trinket because I can't stand that mess.
    your entire premise is wrong since you based it on him saying you had to do PG to join LFR.
    WHICH IS WRONG.

Deleted

The first week of 5.4 I queued as a dps on my tank classes in tank spec and tank gear, but after that week I just rerolled instead.
    I have noticed this to some extent when doing "easier" content. Mobs that don't feed much vengeance to begin with (but you could pull a lot of) are harder to keep threat on. Fortunately raid mobs typically do enough damage that it's a non-issue. Also I'm not sure it's relevant to LFR. While vengeance is a lot lower, not many of the DPS are doing huge numbers either :P Mind you, I have only done LFR once (and even then, not all of it) because it's not something I enjoy.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2013-10-21 at 04:32 AM.

560 ilvl protection paladin. Sitting on between 5-15k vengeance in a dungeon, it is 100% impossible to keep aggro against a similarly geared dps.
    To quote the great Firefly33, Maybe you should just practice your Protection Paladin.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Hear, hear! Doing SoO with old vengeance would be a blast, even for the trash packs before Norushen, Galakras, Siegecrafter etc. and for bosses like Galakras and Spoils. Now all those things are pretty "meh"