Thread: Atonement 5.4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If tanks optimize dps while tanking and healers optimize dps while healing, what do dps do?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tanks ARE optimizing for dps in 10man , and disc priests , depending composition should optimize for dps too.
    i see nothing wrong about it.

to the topic:
    the haste cap is for ? BL cap or?

im wondering how much extra dps is the 4p if you use it mainly offensively? i can use 4p but id have to change shoulders 572(heroic warforged) to 553 tier and 566 legs to 540 flex tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    im wondering how much extra dps is the 4p if you use it mainly offensively? i can use 4p but id have to change shoulders 572(heroic warforged) to 553 tier and 566 legs to 540 flex tier.
    Not very much. 10% for 10 sec is approximately 1 extra second of spells per minute. That would be a 1.7% increase, but the extra second turns out to be Smite. So it's more like a 1%ish gain. Not worth dropping so many item levels for sure. ~20 item levels on one piece to a 1% gain is the rule of thumb I use.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And also now we can design gear to show off the male human high res nipples/chest hair.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXmckenzie View Post
    Any particular reason for 4889 haste? 14K spirit is quite a lot, I can get away with just over 9K on my sheet but I don't have quite that much haste so we'll see if I need anything over 10K but I doubt it.
    IIRC 17% haste is the point where we don't go sub 1 sec GCD during lust (though I could be wrong). I shamelessly stole that number from someone else who did a lot of this theorycrafting. Unfortunately I can no longer find the original posts or remember who the poster was.

As stated above, 14k is total effective spirit, which takes into account trinket/tailoring cloak enchant/legendary meta procs. I run with 8K spirit on my gear.
    "I don't always play my warlock, but when I do, I prefer destruction."
    - The Most Interesting Player in the World . . . of Warcraft

I am going for pure crit as much as possible. Running 2pc tier and as many off-set items with crit I can get my hands on. My prio is int=crit>mastery>haste>spirit but I run the healer meta. I've seen some discs using the dps meta but that way you need way more spirit.

I am being able to push ~100k dps give or take 10-15k depending on the movement and healing required outside atonement. I am using the dps cloak and obviously running 10man raids.

I've found myself using mind sear and sw quite often. Don't really know the dot is a notable dps increase but definitely using it alot with procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    If tanks optimize dps while tanking and healers optimize dps while healing, what do dps do?
    Hopefully stop snoozing in LFR so that the dps-optimized tanks/healers don't out dps them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Personally, I optimize my off-healing. Did some nice 95k hps on our last malkorok run.

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    Personally, I optimize my off-healing. Did some nice 95k hps on our last malkorok run.
    This would probably derail the thread, but a description or link to a site about how to effectively go about doing that would be excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    This would probably derail the thread, but a description or link to a site about how to effectively go about doing that would be excellent!
    Just divine star the meleecamp for absorbs :P

I followed the advice in this thread and now use black blood and timeless spell DPS trinket until I get the healer AMP trinket. With some flex items I'm now doing 80k DPS and at least equal HPS. It's so funny thanks at all
    Last edited by Euerfeldi; 2013-11-02 at 01:29 PM.