Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    I'm hoping we'll be able to recover the zone somewhat, get away from the emo-hippie vibe it has now, and just have some ominous atmosphere close to the tower and the rest of the zone back to business as usual.

Well finished the achievement.

Have to say, I'm not a huge fan of achievements but I suppose they provide some incentive for people to do something. I do wish there was a bit more story and background gained from some of them though, like the historian achievement. It's fine if you want me to go to different places to find the obelisks but I wish there was more to the overall story for them than just that (maybe there will be but from past experiences I sort of doubt it). I suppose my general feeling is that there could be more to the achievement system than just fulfilling my OCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I do wish there was a bit more story and background gained from some of them though, like the historian achievement. It's fine if you want me to go to different places to find the obelisks but I wish there was more to the overall story for them than just that (maybe there will be but from past experiences I sort of doubt it).
    If you return to the person she mentions how they're still working on it, or something. Rather than a "here's 5 skillpoints" book, I wish it would have been a cutscene revealing some info, replayable via an object, like Marjory's Journal.

Or, better yet, I wish they would have some room in the personal instance with trophies of that sort and clickable to show the associated cutscene, that would be best for me and my limited bank space.

yeah I know there is a small bit of text for it, I just wish there was more overall substance to it. As they are, most of the achievements feel like your basic "kill X rats" quests (well in reality the achievement system is GW2's quest system).

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    yeah I know there is a small bit of text for it, I just wish there was more overall substance to it. As they are, most of the achievements feel like your basic "kill X rats" quests (well in reality the achievement system is GW2's quest system).
    That's what achievement systems are for. Adding mostly arbitrary goals to motivate you to continue playing. It's positive stimuli for any range of actions from generic to extraordinary. There are other systems for telling stories and giving you lore. I'm surprised achievement systems even got so involved b/c they don't need to be. I'm glad they are, but yeah.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It does seem to have gone a little further than needed, but at the same time that was one of the most dead zones in the game on my server. While I do like having "permanent content" added, I also wonder if all these additions may make zones a bit clogged at times.
    Kessex wasn't near as dead as other zones on my server. I almost never see anyone in Shiverpeak zones between Wayfarer & Frostgorge. Same for Ascalon post-Ashford (though I'm glad they didn't trash an Ascalonian zone, especially when branded areas already tarnish it enough).

A zone being aesthetically pleasing makes it a lot more enjoyable to complete. I don't have that sense of, "Ugh, I want to get out of here ASAP." So, I'm glad that AFAIK all of my alts have already done Kessex since it looks the way it does now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awefull patch. Did 10/14 meta in 45 min in huge 111111 spam zerg.

Lore is meh, more scarlet is meh.

No change to WvW and Pvp which is more than dead.

Hope Anet is keeping cool stuff to compete with Wildsatar or Eso or im just going to sell my fresh crafted Eternity for real money and buy a PS4.

Heh, I didn't actually know how to "finish off" downed enemies in GW2 until now. I never PVP and had rebound the F key from it's default like on day 1 of GW2.

That is not to say I didn't know how the finishing moves worked or their function. But I never knew you had to press a button for it due to never receiving the prompt at any time in GW2.

I found this amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Heh, I didn't actually know how to "finish off" downed enemies in GW2 until now. I never PVP and had rebound the F key from it's default like on day 1 of GW2.
    I keep mine on a mouse button, given how often I keep hitting it to loot stuff. Fortunately they're good about keeping Interact actions in the same place and shape on the UI, so it's never really a shock and fumble for the proper input.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I keep mine on a mouse button, given how often I keep hitting it to loot stuff. Fortunately they're good about keeping Interact actions in the same place and shape on the UI, so it's never really a shock and fumble for the proper input.
    Early on in the game I completely unbound the use/interact key. The issue was I played an Engineer and Warrior. So while attempting to loot or interact I would often unwillingly pick up my turrets or banners. There was no smart filter for contextual actions in GW2.

When I want to interact with something, I click it [its slower than the F key] in order to minimize the frustration of grabbing a bundle, turret, et cetera. I stopped bothering to loot most dead enemies in GW2 like ages ago, because there is nothing interesting in doing so.

On my screen when the interact prompt comes up I had now been conditioned to ignore the wording and assume there was an interactable nearby. Only clicking when needed. The prompt looks like; [] symbol on screen.

Somewhat clumsy explanation of my keybinding mania, but nonetheless I was amused by the fact PVP finishers use the same action as other intractable objects.