Thread: Disc and mana

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Fights like Garrosh where you have to run some what around, its nice to have everyone shielded up before imo.. them 200-400k shields really do wonders, and its way better than having a bit more crit and not using pw:s outside of LMG. So thats kinda why im staying at 10-12k spirit. I rather do a bit less atonement dmg/divine aegis which tends to not getting used, and still save my raid or make the fight a lot easier to survive due to pw:s or spirit shell.

Thing is i can always reforge away from some spirit if i need it on fights where on dont do much but atonement, to fights where some pw:s spam from time to time can save the raid or make it easier.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't see how 6-7k spirit is viable if you're atonementing during downtime. Are people just not using pennance offensively or something?

I absolutely am using atonement.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-1v...=13881&e=14663
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d6...=11601&e=12039

Granted, I personally could do better about using penance on CD and HF on cd, but here are two very healing intensive logs where I did use atonement (10% of my healing during high dmg fights is fairly good, could be better).

I struggled on Iron Juggernaut with 7.2 spirit, that I won't hide. But I'd rather have more stats in crit than spirit and delay or forgo a smite cast or two.
    Last edited by Sillychan; 2013-10-24 at 04:38 PM.

I couldn't get down to 7k spirit unless I started reforging out of spirit into mastery, and I wouldn't get any crit out of it.

Mastery is important too, bigger mastery plays into your DA and everything else you do.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A9r/advanced

I've also ignored spirit socket bonuses (and some int, which probably isn't a need, just something I'm trying out).
    And the spirit enchant on my chest is an "oops", it's left over from some PG stuff I was working on.

Crit > 12k spirit > Mastery - This has been my reforge since SoO Heroic progression. On certain fights I can end up with 50% mana, others have me struggling if i'm spamming PWS and we are missing a Mana Tide. Hoping to pick up a DSD soon for mana heavy fights, and maybe a flex Purified Bindings for sheer beast mode hps.

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    Mastery is important too, bigger mastery plays into your DA and everything else you do.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A9r/advanced

I've also ignored spirit socket bonuses (and some int, which probably isn't a need, just something I'm trying out).
    And the spirit enchant on my chest is an "oops", it's left over from some PG stuff I was working on.
    I really really really like your sig. My holy pally and disc priest in my guild insist on using a spirit flask even after I did the math for the pally, showing that using divine plea glyph, they only get an extra 1300 mana per DP cast... and the disc says that he has mana problems sub 12k spirit. I have a disc alt who's around 10k spirit without the meta gem and I do just fine (not doing heroics, but still).

I think 7.3k is a little on the low side but if you can get through Iron Jug with that, kudos lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

If you don't have enough spirit dispells will eat your mana, if you have someone to pick that up for you, then you can run on almost no spirit, if not...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    I really really really like your sig. My holy pally and disc priest in my guild insist on using a spirit flask even after I did the math for the pally, showing that using divine plea glyph, they only get an extra 1300 mana per DP cast... and the disc says that he has mana problems sub 12k spirit. I have a disc alt who's around 10k spirit without the meta gem and I do just fine (not doing heroics, but still).

I think 7.3k is a little on the low side but if you can get through Iron Jug with that, kudos lol.
    If they're flasking spirit, I hope they're gemming straight 320 spirit in every socket. Flask has a 1:1 int:spi ratio, while gems have a 1:2 ratio.

If they have any int gems at all, tell them they need to regem if they want to keep flasking spirit. Otherwise they're just throwing a free 1k int away.

Deleted
    The thing is the only thing you are really getting with 6-7k spirit is slightly more DPS. You can run 10.5k spirit and get the same or better throughput by reducing the reliance on atonement. I have tried both and I easily do more healing with higher spirit and less atonement. Higher spirit is also more flexible. E.g. on spoils, in the mogu room, I use glyphed binding heal and PWS liberally for the first two minibosses with zero mana problems.

Very high crit rates are counterproductive with the two set, because you end up so far above the balance point, that mastery is better. I am running with 50% mastery and 32% crit, since I run both holy and disc specs and I don't notice any difference in healing if I do away with more spirit and go high crit. What happens is I do a trivial amount of extra DPS, aegis goes up, PWS and spirit shell go down and healing is the same or less, but what hurts the most, is I have zero flexibility. If something goes wrong and I end up having to burn mana to burst through a tough situation, I just can't recover from it. I am stuck on atonement/level90 spam

Disc with more than 11k spirit in the current environment is ridiculous. Spirit return has been gutted so much for disc, that it is absolutely impossible to make a positive gain past 9.5k spirit, by exchanging stats for more usage of higher HPS spells. Up to 11k can be justified for flexibility, I suppose, but 12k? If you are running with a resto shaman, you are looking at 8.5k being the best tradeoff and 10k being the absolute maximum.

Deleted
    @Havoc12 I'd be very interested in seeing some of your logs if you have any. And how much mana do you usually end a fight with?

Quote Originally Posted by Exoticheals View Post
    I roll with 13k spirit with a resto sham and I blow whatever I want whenever I want.
    13k on a resto shaman!? take that 3k and reforge that into crit homie ;p djay#1798 to discuss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djryptide View Post
    13k on a resto shaman!? take that 3k and reforge that into crit homie ;p djay#1798 to discuss

I (Disc Priest) roll with 13k spirit with a resto sham (in raid) and I blow whatever i want whenever I want...lol

Exoticheal of <Midnight Sanctuary> on Stormrage