Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walterc View Post
    Im in the same boat as the OP, I like LFR as it gives me access to see same content as real raiders. I hope LFR lives on. Its sad that people are so extremely rude, I would love if they made LFR 10 man, then those idiots wont have it that easy hiding in the crowd....I know I know, go do flex, but people demand way to high ilvl for me to take part.
    1. make your own group, you dont have to worry about your ilvl at all then, if you are competent.

2. make LFR 10man...oh no...no..no. The chances of getting 1 good player drops off significantly, and would probably cause more damage to LFR then good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayp View Post
    1. make your own group, you dont have to worry about your ilvl at all then, if you are competent.

2. make LFR 10man...oh no...no..no. The chances of getting 1 good player drops off significantly, and would probably cause more damage to LFR then good.
    Not if it's tuned accordingly. Hell, you can have 5 drooling pedophiles in a 5man and be just fine. LFR's not played for difficulty/challenge anyway, so what's the big deal about tuning it for 10man to account for the awful players it'll be filled with like 5mans are?

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Not if it's tuned accordingly. Hell, you can have 5 drooling pedophiles in a 5man and be just fine. LFR's not played for difficulty/challenge anyway, so what's the big deal about tuning it for 10man to account for the awful players it'll be filled with like 5mans are?
    It would be tanks. Healers get reduced in number but tanks do not. So unless they nerfed it more to have only 1 tank required or for some insane reason decided AI tanks would be a better choice then it would make the queues worse as you require more tanks to cover the amount of DPS wanting a raid. (17 dps vs 5/6)

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I completely agree. I don't know why LFR was designed as 25-man. It's hard for 5 random players to communicate, harder still for 10 random players to communicate, and just about impossible for 25 random players to communicate. It's ridiculous to require a minimum of 20% of the raid to vote to VTK someone before even letting anyone else in on it. At least in a 10-man it would only require two players to initiate a kick, and that's much more reasonable. With 10 people it's much easier to see the troll AFKing in the back of the room. In a 25-man, players are always running every which way and you can't make heads or tails of the fight. 25-man is just too chaotic for random groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    I completely agree. I don't know why LFR was designed as 25-man. It's hard for 5 random players to communicate, harder still for 10 random players to communicate, and just about impossible for 25 random players to communicate. It's ridiculous to require a minimum of 20% of the raid to vote to VTK someone before even letting anyone else in on it. At least in a 10-man it would only require two players to initiate a kick, and that's much more reasonable. With 10 people it's much easier to see the troll AFKing in the back of the room. In a 25-man, players are always running every which way and you can't make heads or tails of the fight. 25-man is just too chaotic for random groups.
    It's pretty obvious why they designed it 25 man. The tank/healer (mainly tank) to dps ratio is way better. People already piss and moan about queues being too long if lfr was 10 man they would be double what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    It's pretty obvious why they designed it 25 man. The tank/healer (mainly tank) to dps ratio is way better. People already piss and moan about queues being too long if lfr was 10 man they would be double what they are.
    I remember when LFR first came out and my tank friends were all complaining that they were having to wait in queue. The limiting factor used to be healers. The fact that this current tier's content is tuned to lay 75% of the raid's responsibility on the tanks' shoulders combined with the ability to set loot specializations is what has made tanks so scarce. If tank ratio is so much better why are LFR queues so much longer than dungeon queues used to be?
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    I remember when LFR first came out and my tank friends were all complaining that they were having to wait in queue. The limiting factor used to be healers. The fact that this current tier's content is tuned to lay 75% of the raid's responsibility on the tanks' shoulders combined with the ability to set loot specializations is what has made tanks so scarce. If tank ratio is so much better why are LFR queues so much longer than dungeon queues used to be?
    Not sure. Probably because tanks would run 5 mans over and over and they take relativly less time so you get more recycled. LFR you just do one then you most likly will not do that one again for that week.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Not sure. Probably because tanks would run 5 mans over and over and they take relativly less time so you get more recycled. LFR you just do one then you most likly will not do that one again for that week.
    That holds true for everyone, not just tanks.