Page 1 of 65
... LastLast
    Deleted

LFR is a god send!

Now I know there's a lot of hate for LFR however to me it's a god send. I'm one of these people that don't have time or the insensitive to be a raider... I play for RP & Story. Because of this I missed out on raids, often having to wait till me and a select few out level it! However LFR let's me experience the story in full and experience all the content provided. I aren't really interested in the gear race etc so I usually only do a raid once (unless there's a mount I want) but LFR has surprisingly really opened up WoW to me

Deleted
    Well that's good. Don't you want to try raiding though?

Good, that is exactly the reason blizzard likes it too. It is there to combat "the sunwell problem" of people not being able to experience the content.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who found themselves guildless and unable to raid anymore due to guild disbanding and not being able to find a guild of the same skill in need of a Warlock, LFR is still as useless now to me as when I was raiding Heroics.

LFR is a clusterfuck of morons and bad players, the best parts of raiding don't even exist in LFR as there's no mechanical challenge, no dps challenge, no friends, no satisfaction from a kill ect.

I currently am only playing my alts and getting professions ready for next expansion where hopefully I have better luck but I'd rather do a few bosses pugged a week than waste my time with LFR mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus View Post
    In LFR, 25% of the people know what they're doing, a third of the people don't know but are trying, and the rest are afk/hopeless.

If Molten Core was considered raiding, then LFR should be considered raiding.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR should have been rewarding no gear though, so you could only see content, and not farm it for free epics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but LFR is only working for one group of people. The botters, the moochers, the afkers, the noobs. The bads.

If you consider yourself not bad, go do flex.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

As someone who doesn't want to spend too much time on the game these days either, I'm happy with LFR. Sure normal raiding was more fun, but I can settle with this since I don't need to invest so much time into it. The LFR haters pretty much assume that everyone plays the game as much as them, which is far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    LFR should have been rewarding no gear though, so you could only see content, and not farm it for free epics.
    And then never move up to another level of raiding because they'd be wearing heroic blues. Makes sense.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Now I know there's a lot of hate for LFR however to me it's a god send. I'm one of these people that don't have time or the insensitive to be a raider... I play for RP & Story. Because of this I missed out on raids, often having to wait till me and a select few out level it! However LFR let's me experience the story in full and experience all the content provided. I aren't really interested in the gear race etc so I usually only do a raid once (unless there's a mount I want) but LFR has surprisingly really opened up WoW to me
    There's no problem with LFR itself, and I don't think there ever has been. It's the misuse and abuse found in an anonymous social environment that causes the issues you see complaints about.

It's good to see that at least one person uses it for its intended purpose. Glad you're enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    The color of the gear hasn't mattered since Wrath, where Heroics that were even easier than LFR gave out free epics. Heck, even by doing dailies you got epics in the end because they gave Frost Emblems, it was unavoidable having them thrown in your face. You're a couple expansions late complaining that epics aren't epics anymore.

Deleted
    I don't have time anymore for specific raid times & expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm sorry but LFR is only working for one group of people. The botters, the moochers, the afkers, the noobs. The bads.

Too many wipes occur in flex not to mention the ridiculous ilvl requirements that people ask for.
    Much happier selecting a role and letting the server find a group for me. Not all the times I wait out the queue due to time limits but when I get into raid I shut up and do my job.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    And then never move up to another level of raiding because they'd be wearing heroic blues. Makes sense.
    It wasn't that long ago that this is exactly how it worked. I'm guessing the color of gear became such an issue for everyone that just about everything is purple now.

For instance, if SoO LFR rewarded the EXACT same gear, same stats, etc, etc as it does now.... But was blue with an LFR tag on it... People would lose their fucking minds.

Whatever works, I guess.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose?

Flex doesn't work with my schedule. So I do LFR, doesn't make me any of the insulting things you posted above.

OT: I agree LFR is a godsend, going from a hardcore raider in TBC, to fairly part time in WOTLK, to no raiding in Cata, due to changes in my life, I love LFR, it gives me the chance to see the content, but also still be able to progress my toon in a small way.

Nope. Have raiding in the past in a 10 man and 25 man guild, so i have tried it both ways. My schedule has changed and the time i can raid are random so LFR is the best thing ever!!!

Deleted
    Good for you !
    I understand that LFR is a good thing for a category of players.
    Personnally I find it boring. But since there are people that enjoy it, it's a good idea.
    You seem to be the targeted audience, someone without time or will to push through raids but is interested in seeing the story.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't have time anymore for specific raid times & expectations
    I'd suggest Flex, but seeing as how you say you only run it once and only for the story, LFR is still your best bet.

Deleted
    Why do I need to prove anything in a video game? I play for fun not for ego

LFR is meh. Flex is a godsend.
    Stay salty my friends.