Thread: DPS analyzation

DPS analyzation

I was hoping i could get a once or twice over from a few of our great hunters here...just want to see what im doing right, what im doing wrong and what i can be doing better. I posted in the FIX MY DPS but i guess that doesnt get used much anymore.

Spec Surv
    Item Level 556
    Expectations: IDK
    Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Pawk/advanced
    Worldoflogs Link:http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-u99je7cnqnu41sjp/
    Femaledwarf Link: i dont have one.

Im not doing horrible, but its been a long time since i have had other hunters look at what im doing to see where i could be doing better. i know im not doing the best i could be...so I would like some input. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Poklix; 2013-10-22 at 05:45 PM. Reason: fixt links

Deleted
    sadly both links are dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is his armory
    Here is the Epeen Bot for him: Pawk - Epeen Bot - RaidBots.

Fixed the links in the OP. This isnt about Epeen...i just want to see if any other hunters out there see areas i can improve in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Poklix View Post
    Fixed the links in the OP. This isnt about Epeen...i just want to see if any other hunters out there see areas i can improve in.
    Epeenbot is a tool that gathers your world of logs to a simple place, it's not a epeen tool per-se.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scranton, PA...yes where the office was made!
    Just a click look at the armory, you have some odd talent choices, although they aren't that big of a dps loss, you can squeeze more dps out. 4th tier it goes Fervor = Thrill > Dire Beast. I personally love Thrill with 4p, I get to play wack a mole most of the fights. Crows is pretty much the king for 5th tier, unless it's Immerseus, that will kill you on heroic. I've heard a lot of things on the 6th tier, G.Toss not scaling well with gear, with a heroic weapon and high haste, Barrage beats it out, blah blah. The general rule of thumb is, if barrage will hit more things then G.Toss, take that, BUT I do know most in game meters don't pick up G.Toss double damage, since it hits your main target twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could switch gems in your shoulders to double 160 agi gems since you're over hit cap. That'd put you 50 under hit cap, which I'm sure could be reforged more efficiently to get to cap.

Black Arrow uptime could be a bit better. Ideally you want 95% with AoC on most bosses. You were at 43% uptime on Norushen (I'm guilty of bad uptime here too, I'm on add duty), 68% on Protectors, 37% on Galakras (this one is understandable, but still would like to see 60% or so). Granted you don't have 4pc yet so it's not that big a deal, but it will be in the near future.

You should really be switching between Glaive Toss and Barrage more often. Personally for the first 7 (on heroic, mind you) I use:
    Immers: Barrage
    Protectors: Glaive
    Norushen: Barrage
    Sha: Glaive (debateable here)
    Galakras: Barrage
    Jugg: Glaive
    Shamans: Barrage

So yeah, I switch for pretty much every boss.

I personally don't ever use Crows, as it's a marginal DPS increase at best and it's obnoxious to use. It definitely sims higher and *should* be better on several bosses, so you may want to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by EverdayMJ View Post
    Just a click look at the armory, you have some odd talent choices, although they aren't that big of a dps loss, you can squeeze more dps out. 4th tier it goes Fervor = Thrill > Dire Beast. I personally love Thrill with 4p, I get to play wack a mole most of the fights. Crows is pretty much the king for 5th tier, unless it's Immerseus, that will kill you on heroic. I've heard a lot of things on the 6th tier, G.Toss not scaling well with gear, with a heroic weapon and high haste, Barrage beats it out, blah blah. The general rule of thumb is, if barrage will hit more things then G.Toss, take that, BUT I do know most in game meters don't pick up G.Toss double damage, since it hits your main target twice.
    you may love ToTH with 4pc that dosnt make it better than the other talents.

Dire beast for most ppl show a 5k+ dps increase over thrill of the hunt. your results maybe wrong because last bug with simc. some good hunters like carleana use ToTH, isnt bad but isnt superior than the other talents.

even tho glaive toss dosnt scale with weapon damage still outscale the other 2 choices, i seen a lot of coments on powershot as SV procing multistrike trinket and other things, still talent of choice should be glaive toss unless specific fights get into play (shamans where barrage does way more damage than glaive toss, not counting the gcds or cost just comparing damage, in this cases then yeah you would spec into barrage, other than that glaive toss is superior)

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    Dire beast for most ppl show a 5k+ dps increase over thrill of the hunt. your results maybe wrong because last bug with simc. some good hunters like carleana use ToTH, isnt bad but isnt superior than the other talents.
    Where are you getting this from?

ToTH seems like the optimal choice regardless if you can play it out right and use them all.. LnL doesn't proc -that- often, but it's not an ability you have to use which is on the GCD like Dire Beast is. It also seems detrimental to pop Dire Beast during a LnL cycle, further capping out on the focus you're already swimming in..?

Deleted

even tho glaive toss dosnt scale with weapon damage still outscale the other 2 choices, i seen a lot of coments on powershot as SV procing multistrike trinket and other things, still talent of choice should be glaive toss unless specific fights get into play (shamans where barrage does way more damage than glaive toss, not counting the gcds or cost just comparing damage, in this cases then yeah you would spec into barrage, other than that glaive toss is superior)
    DB may be a 5k dps gain on a sim for a ST fight, but in the real world is the worst choice of all 3 for at least 10 normal bosses, and maybe every one of them in Heroic but Iron juggernaut. Malkorok could still be good for DB tho. As soon as you need to kill something really fast (norushen adds) or AoE burst(sha of pride self reflections+fragments), fervor and ToTH become better options, not to talk about bosses where AoE is a large component. Then it boils down to fervor vs ToTH, which can be personal preference as they both are pretty effective.

Deleted
    iron juggernaut / malkorok and thok are good for db (as bm) wouldnt play db with sv thou

I would only Spec DB as BM. TOTH for the majority of hunters would be better(SV), however Fervor is badass for both SV and BM for those that are very good at focus management unlike me :P

OT, your doing fine, looking through most of your logs there are bits a pieces like BA/SrS uptimes (Where they could be slightly better) but hay we cant play @ 100% all the time.

The things I would definitely change is intimidation for Binding shot, as its easier to manage and it doesn't required your pet to swap targets. I would also change your Master's call Glyph for the deterrence one
    Last edited by Krillen; 2013-10-23 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks for all your input everyone. DB was one of those talents I held on to because it was comfortable and was leery of learning a new mechaninc. I picked up my two piece last night though, so i dont think I can avoid TOTH anymore.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Sim output =/= reality and simply importing profile and at best increasing the amount of iterations run (which is what 99% of people do and base their perspective around) is not sufficient enough to provide an accurate sim result. Sim results from a unmodified settings import are both meaningless and worthless unless you are concerned with what your character is capable of doing in a development vacuum.

The fixes were in 5.4-4 version of simcraft and pushed out around 10/6 as far as I've seen on live it's still stronger than DB, especially as SV, except for potentially - and theoretically like 2 fights this tier.