Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Very disappointing. It is one thing to have all the wings along the same difficulty or have them ramp up. To make the difficulty between the wings just take a nose dive to what is supposed to be the pinnacle of the story line just kills it. Such a disservice to the players to end the expansion like that. Edit: I did not mean to say it was so smooth rather the first two wings at launch was far more rough and kind of kills the feel. It is LFR after all where you just cant have a true boss by boss progression.

As others have pointed out, this might just be a day one thing like the revamped ZA back in Cata was for me where most of my groups went to three bosses within the time for the week or how PuGs cleared the first wing in ICC on day one and yet later groups struggled.

I came back to see the end and here it is so that plays a roll in killing the mood for me.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-10-23 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Clarity

10+ Year Old Account
    1 shot the first 2 bosses.

5 wipes on Garrosh for people to learn the fight

Deleted
    I play on EU servers, so I won't see the wing for another few hours, but from reading US feedback, it seems like half of the players got into really good groups. Most of those are like nekobaka posting above me; not realising the group was well above average.

The other half were in an average LFR group, saying how horrible their experience was. So I dunno, I'm looking forward to fighting Garrosh LFR. I'm going to slack as a madman the first 10 wipes (still perform at a reasonable level so my slacking won't hinder the group, but still not carry it either), then I'm going to see if I can push 2mil burst dps, just for fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    One shotted all 3, hard to wipe when you can heal through all the mechanics.
    I'd love to see you heal through chain MCs.

Though that was the only part of Garrosh that required communication once out of Phase 1.

Did you really? or did you just get buffed to the point where you would have killed him on the first pull with 6 stacks of determination anyway.
    Sometimes determination creates an artifical sense of achievement(not really a bad thing per se)
    Um, yeah really. Lol. At the end everyone was switching to kill the healer on the wolf, tanks were making sure the star was hitting the adds, axe was getting burned down immediately, MC's were getting handled correctly in the final phases.

Even with the 6-7 stacks determination while it makes it extremely trivial, you still need to do some sort of mechanic in this fight.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

10+ Year Old Account
    7 Stacks. It should have been 8 but we wiped first attempt in less than 15 seconds....so lol. It was painful, but a lot of fun learning the mechanics with everyone. I expected it, it honestly didn't go any slower than I had predicted. Looking forward to downing him on the rest of my alts, in far less stacks so it actually feels like I accomplished something lol.

Deleted
    I just realised; If you have a priest character and a priest friend, grip one of the tanks just as the iron star is about to hit you, then get your friend to grip you.

Hah... Hah... Aaahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Very disappointing. It is one thing to have all the wings along the same difficulty or have them ramp up. To make the difficulty between the wings just take a nose dive to what is supposed to be the pinnacle of the story line just kills it. .
    Wish I had your luck. I fought Blackfuse three times today and once it got up to 4 stacks of determination then twice it went to at least two.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Would of got Garosh down in 1 shot but he resets when a player drops from the group midfight. We got him in 2 attempts.

10+ Year Old Account
    only thing we spent time more than the initial pull was garrosh. and he went down in 4 pulls

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I play on EU servers, so I won't see the wing for another few hours, but from reading US feedback, it seems like half of the players got into really good groups. Most of those are like nekobaka posting above me; not realising the group was well above average.

The other half were in an average LFR group, saying how horrible their experience was. So I dunno, I'm looking forward to fighting Garrosh LFR. I'm going to slack as a madman the first 10 wipes (still perform at a reasonable level so my slacking won't hinder the group, but still not carry it either), then I'm going to see if I can push 2mil burst dps, just for fun.
    You're 'silly'.

I will tank it EU soon. Will hopefully make it a good experience for everyone else.
    Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did it with premade LFR, we had 4 stacks when we killed Garrosh.
    I'm never doing it with random pug .....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    1 shot the first 2 bosses.

5 wipes on Garrosh for people to learn the fight
    Yea 1 wipe didn't give us a stack.
    PM me weird stuff :3

oneshotted garrosh lfr, even if i had to explain the boss for 5minutes, worth the pain

I think the better question should be: If you run LFR how are you going to help people improve where they need it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Done it yesterday... and was my experience good? No, and yet still a big YES!
    The basic stats that warrant the No.... Blackfuse 4 stacks, Paragons one shotted, Garrosh 5 stacks.

But why was it a good experience? Because I've experienced something in LFR I never seen there before. Team chemistry.
    Right from the start, it became clear, no one knew shit about what lies ahead. Everyone confessed to have no clue, and so we decided to learn it by doing it (which is my personal preferred method anyway). Not a single negative comment by anyone. Everyone trying to pull their weight. We were trying to make sense of the dungeon journal information, and created our strats that way.
    So yes, I call it a great run, despite the wipes. It was not much different to a regular guild run that goes into a raid for the first time, with the exception of the disadvantage not having voice chat.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I just realised; If you have a priest character and a priest friend, grip one of the tanks just as the iron star is about to hit you, then get your friend to grip you.

Hah... Hah... Aaahahahaha
    tank can easily survive the iron star though, i ate it on my blood dk on normal, full blood shield soaks the 1m~ hit, can't imagine it can even hurt a tank on LFR

Deleted
    one shot siegecrafter and paragons, so far wiped on the trash 3times after paragons...

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I think the better question should be: If you run LFR how are you going to help people improve where they need it?
    im gonna improve their experience by not joining it and thus not having to listen to me raging over peoples stupidity - havent join one lfr on alts since 5.4 release and i feel good with it and from the review of anyone i knwo in game i did good. last week when we cleared 12/14 in normal in little less then 3 hours one of the socials spend all this time trying to get through 1 part of lfr -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-10-23 at 12:30 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    One shot Blackfuse and Klaxxi, though people did die to stupid as usual. Garrosh we wiped three times, but that was people learning the mechanics and modifying the angle of attack next go. Over all way easier than the first 3 sections and no one dropped like the plague after a wipe like in the others. As bad as it sounds, the worst our group had wipe wise was trying to get past the trash between the Klaxxi and Garrosh because the blobs were industuctable until the huminoids went down and we had some issues killing them quick enough before the blobs respawned and ovewhelmed the tank. I think this was the first group since SoO started that people actually laughed at getting stomped by a mob and didn't rage quit.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im gonna improve their experience by not joining it and thus not having to listen to me raging over peoples stupidity - havent join one lfr since 5.4 release and i feel good with it and from the review of anyone i knwo in game i did good. last week when we cleared 12/14 in normal in little less then 3 hours one of the socials spend all this time trying to get through 1 part of lfr -_-
    haha i love it when that happens, hey nice LFR part 2, did 10/14 heroic in that time, but hey you don't have time for heroic.