Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    So if you were to explain Garrosh tactics in LFR what would you type? I've read Icy Veins but had a similar problem with Lei Shen - it's hard to reduce all that text to a few lines that people can understand.

Deleted
    I don't know how you all managed to kill Siegecrafter so easily, this group is wiping before 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    So if you were to explain Garrosh tactics in LFR what would you type? I've read Icy Veins but had a similar problem with Lei Shen - it's hard to reduce all that text to a few lines that people can understand.
    LFR cliffnote form:
    - MC'd must be killed ASAP or it WILL be a wipe
    - Tank take adds under Iron Star to kill 'em
    - Ranged & Heals down axe asap
    - Melee kill wolf asap
    - During phased transitions - get to boss quickly, clear adds, stack and slam Garrosh whilst avoiding the massive purple painful aoe

Deleted
    Garrosh is actually a pretty fun fight on LFR, was a bit easy though, after wiping on the trash 3times we finally got to Garrosh and one shot him.

1 wipe on the Engineer, 1 wipe on the Paragons, oneshot Garrosh.
    People were doing average DPS, some people knew the fight, the raid leader explained tactics and we executed more or less.
    Faceroll.

Deleted
    0 wipes for siegecrafter and klaxxi, 1 wipe on trash after klaxxi, 2 wipes on garosh

always go for adds first in all 3 encounters

have one guy set skull marks for klaxxi
    tell people on garosh 23 times to kill adds, weapons and MC'ed first

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    1 shot siege and klaxxi, 2 shot garrosh
    exactly the same as our run a couple of hours ago. we wiped more on the trash getting to garrosh, than we did on him.
    a really fun fight.

I started out by explaining the first phase, very simple just telling ranged to go in and out for weapon and kill it, and to have 1 person responsible for killing the engineer.

I explained the 2nd phase order of weapon, then mcs, then whirling, in which ranged should move back for next weapon. I set up groups for 2nd phase transitions, 1 3 5 left 2 4 6 right. And told them that only interupts would work on mcs in phase 3 with empowered, explained to not kill ads ontop of one another.

After about 5 minutes of explenation, we had our first attempt where we got him to 3% in phase 3, and only died to mcs, 2nd attempt we killed it with 0 deaths.

I think explenation of the fight> pull for more stacks.

Deleted
    Garrosh doesn't seem to be granting any stacks of determination at all, is this intended?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    - Have one tank picking up the adds.
    - Have other tank on boss.
    - Try to run out of the main group when you get the Weapon debuff, to drop it.
    - Ranged kill the weapon.
    - Don't stand in shit.
    - Interrupt and DPS down the "Wolf Rider" asap because he heals. Kill engineer.
    - Have tank pull the ads under the gigantic rolling ball to kill them. Don't stand under the rolling ball.
    - After being sucked up and teleported, just run to the boss gauntlet style. Kill ads along the way, clean up at the end.
    - Kill and interrupt MCed people FAST.
    - Always kill ads.
    - You win!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Garrosh doesn't seem to be granting any stacks of determination at all, is this intended?
    He won't grant it if you die too fast. Not sure how long you have to stay alive, but if your raid is dying too fast you won't get it.

4 Attempts on Blackfuse
    1 Attempt on Paragons (Seemed to be as long as you focused on one at a time, this one was too easy?)
    9 Attempts on Garrosh with 6 stacks total

Have to say it was an enjoyable LFR. We had the usual ragers and the guys that hate everyone as everyone else was to blame but them, but they dropped. What we ended up with was a bunch of people that just wanted to see and clear the raid. Call us casual if you will... but most of us stayed with it for 3 hours... I didn't think any of the fights were really hard, just new. Some of us had read some stats, some had watched videos... but the group as a whole, we just learned as we went and it was a blast.

Lots of good humor, jokes, apologies for getting things wrong. By the end, not a negative thing was posted.

First run i joined was on Garrosh, took 2 attempts. the only wipe was due to ranged not taking out an engineer so both the Iron stars kept being released. Second attempt we got it rather smoothly.

When i ran it again to get the other bosses we got them both first try. Paragons had one person die which we think the guy was afk anyway. And on Blackfuze we narrowly defeated it with around 8 people remaining. Most were overwhelmed by all the bombs, drills, magnets and saw blades going on.

Would rate Garrosh as one of the best fights I've seen in a while, and i'm glad they chose to add the land mark / cinematics only for those who have defeated the boss/ done the quest, unlike LK, "No one must know what transpired here today Tirion" nek minut Gold statue which tells the world the secret, AND it ruined a good fountain for AFKing on...
    The first rule of Starfall is, You don't talk about Starfall!

Deleted
    Just completed the first run.

Oneshot Blackfuse
    Oneshot Paragons
    5 Attempts on Garrosh
    Probably 3 wipes on Trash

Not that bad. Also, it was a very nice group. No rage etc. whatsoever.

Two-shot Siegecrafter
    One-shot Paragons

(six wipes on pre-garrosh trash.... /facepalm)

Three-shot Garrosh

All in all pretty compellingly good for first-night LFR

I expect later in the week to get worse, because later in the week always is worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    tell people on garosh 23 times to kill adds, weapons and MC'ed first
    Good lord, don't kill the MC. Interrupt them so they can't spread it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    haha i love it when that happens, hey nice LFR part 2, did 10/14 heroic in that time, but hey you don't have time for heroic.
    When I sit down I may have time for a 3-hr raid session, or I may not. I may sit down at 8 EST or 10 EST or not at all. I might have to drop in the middle of the raid.

That is the corollary to everyone who says "Lol I clear normal in X hours, join a raid guild." Yeah, I might spend more time in LFR than you do in a normal, but no respectable raid guild is going to take a unreliable DPS to anything meaningful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lalicat View Post
    - Have tank pull the ads under the gigantic rolling ball to kill them. Don't stand under the rolling ball..
    Thanks for the cliffnotes advice! The above sounds the trickiest thing for me as a tank. Icy veins mentions knockbacks but if you don't have that, should the tank stand under the ball in LFR and use a CD to survive? I know in normal, it would be suicide, but in LFR, it might be the way to go, if it kills the adds but not the tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post

Good lord, don't kill the MC. Interrupt them so they can't spread it.
    You still have to nuke them down to 20% or they'll keep trying to cast it. Interrupt, of course, but kill them ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    2-shot Blackfuse, 1-shot Klaxxi, Killed Garrosh after 5 wipes. Had problems getting out of phase 1. After that it was cake.
    same for me, except 3 wipes on garrosh.

a premade LFR grp would 1shot everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything up until the Garrosh trash was easy as expected, the tuning on Garrosh was interesting though considering grouping is automated.

Overnerfed. 1 shoted Siegecrafter and Paragons, both basicly zerged. 1 wipe on Garrosh.