Poll: Do you like mastery as stat?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    reforging was a pain until i downloaded the reforge addon, and now reforging is a complete joke except perhaps for healers where reforging is actually a dilemma.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    I have no problem well I like reforging but I don't like to have too many stats and mastery being the latest I think is too much.
    In my case as a mage I need to pay attention (more or less) to int, haste, crit, mastery... oh and hit - 3 stats is ok, 4 or more is too much in my opinion. Gemming, reforging and upgrades... all of this got quite far since classic and a bit too much imo. Will there be more coming?
    Last edited by mmoc101213c0c0; 2013-10-30 at 02:31 AM. Reason: forgot to mention: hit

depends on the class/specs mastery.

Enhancement Shaman mastery, for example, is boring.
    Elemental Shaman mastery however, is pretty cool to increase it's occurance of spell duplication.
    Resto Shaman mastery is.. well it's interesting I suppose.

Deleted
    it's okay as a stat but i liked ArP more. it was more fun to play with it.

As Mistweaver i really dont like it, but thats more with the mastery we got than mastery as a stat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mastery is a good stat for Blizzard to fine tune class balance.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I love the idea and concept of Mastery. I dislike though, that some mastery (like Elemental Shaman) is something very organic and special, where as many others (Frost Death Knight) is just a flat damage increase. Make them all something more interesting.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I like mastery, even on specs where mastery is the worst stat. This is because EVEN on those mentioned specs mastery has the most immediately profound and recognizable differences. Our OP is a rogue, and they have specs that both love and loathe mastery. Even the one that loathes it (sub) you can see a very distinct change with one piece of gear with mastery on it.
    This is the reason why mastery is nice. As another poster has also mentioned, it makes gearing more interesting and can help your playstyle.

I would like to suggest that Blizz actually expands the mastery system: Divide it into 2 parts/stats: One is a flat damage / healing / damage reduction modifiier (throughput) and another part has some interesting proc (rng related mechanic).

I like it on some toons. I love it on my elemental shaman. Get to the point where it looks like I'm just casting one really, really long chain lightning.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Pole needs a third option: meh.
    As a SV hunter, mastery is my lowest secondary stat in usefulness.
    PM me weird stuff :3

I like mastery as much as i like crit, spirit and haste. Hit and expertise are a bit Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    any mastery that actually interact with a mechanic of the specs rotation is better than a mechanic that merely boosts all abilities

For example, Affliction and Shadow are very similar to eachother, but Shadow's mastery, because it procs extra ticks, also procs things that proc on ticks, and several of shadow's talents and passives are proc-on-tick meaning increased mastery accentuates that aspect of the spec's rotation in a way a stat like crit does not. Now of course a passive proc-on-tick ability could just be a proc-on-critical-tick passive in which case it would indeed make mastery just like crit, but Shadow happens not be designed that way.

Affliction's mastery on the other hand, just increases the DoT damage, and doesn't actually interact with any procs or on-tick aspect of those DoTs. that's why Shadow Mastery>Affliction Mastery

on the other hand Destro and Demo mastery are at least as good if not better the Shadow mastery because Destro and Demo are tied specifically into the resource cycle of those specs.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Deleted
    I kinda miss Arp :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some classes/spec have bad mastery... stuff like increases poison dmg by x% is boring... stuff like Elemental Overload that procs something I find much better and more interesting ...

As assassination: Chance on poison apply to apply a second more potent version of that poison.
    Sub: Chance on hemorrhage tick to deal 50% of it's instantaneous damage and refresh duration.
    Combat: like this but also have it affect a secondary target for 50% of the damage.

for Demo Warlock: Chance on chaos bolt cast to send another one dealing 20% more damage. and so on for all classes...

How much fun mastery is as stat is pretty spec-dependant, for my elemental shaman mastery is both fun and good: free extra spells, and at a proc streak she's tossing lava and lightning around like a machine gun of elemental pain, but on my arms warrior it's both mechanically (Extra hits that go mostly unnoticed, weedy ones at that) and visually craptacular (Though warriors im general can do with a bit of flair).

Hit and expertise should be rolled into one stat though, spending a lot of item reforges on losing hit and/or getting expertise (or vice versa) is neither interesting nor in any way fun...