Deleted

Question about SoO Normal

Hey guys

So i am raiding casualy with friends, we currently have 11/14 normal, we currently had alot of problems finding a secondary tank.

i was wondering if it is possible to solo tank most of the bosses in SoO? (obviously not galakras/spoils) but the others?

I am the main tank, and i raid very hardcore outside this guild on my main, currently 12/14 hc so i know what i'm doing. My question is simply is it possible for a 550 ilvl bear tank to solo tank SoO normal? or will the damage be too high on some fights?

thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Ignocia View Post
    Hey guys

So i am raiding casualy with friends, we currently have 11/14 normal, we currently had alot of problems finding a secondary tank.

i was wondering if it is possible to solo tank most of the bosses in SoO? (obviously not galakras/spoils) but the others?

I am the main tank, and i raid very hardcore outside this guild on my main, currently 12/14 hc so i know what i'm doing. My question is simply is it possible for a 550 ilvl bear tank to solo tank SoO normal? or will the damage be too high on some fights?

thanks in advance
    Long story short, no. Most bosses have mechanics that require tank swaps.

Bosses-
    Immerseus: With high enough DPS if you can phase him fast enough this should be soloable. The issue is with corrosive blast
    Fallen Protectors: Probably possible but would be very difficult I'd imagine trying to control all the adds
    Norushen: Not possible due to self-doubt
    Sha of pride: Not possible due to wounded pride. Your tank would get MC'd very quickly
    Galakras: Not possible due to towers.
    Iron Juggernaut: Not possible due to flame vents
    Shaman: Not possible due to froststorm strike
    Nazgrim: Possible but you'd have a ton of ravagers up due to sundering blow. The 10% reduction in armor would also cause him to hit tanks hard after several stacks
    Malkorok: Same as above. The 10% increase in damage stacking buff would likely cause problems.
    Spoils: Not possible due to two rooms
    Thok: We solo tank this with a warrior, most people solo tank it
    Seigecrafter: Not possible due to electrostatic charge and that tank needing to kill the shredder
    Paragons: Not possible due to several paragons basically 1 shotting a tank if they have another paragons debuff
    Garrosh: Might be possible, not sure how the transition phase would work when you split though

Signature Created by Jassinta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Long story short, no. Most bosses have mechanics that require tank swaps.

Bosses-
    Immerseus: With high enough DPS if you can phase him fast enough this should be soloable. The issue is with corrosive blast
    Fallen Protectors: Probably possible but would be very difficult I'd imagine trying to control all the adds
    Norushen: Not possible due to self-doubt
    Sha of pride: Not possible due to wounded pride. Your tank would get MC'd very quickly
    Galakras: Not possible due to towers.
    Iron Juggernaut: Not possible due to flame vents
    Shaman: Not possible due to froststorm strike
    Nazgrim: Possible but you'd have a ton of ravagers up due to sundering blow. The 10% reduction in armor would also cause him to hit tanks hard after several stacks
    Malkorok: Same as above. The 10% increase in damage stacking buff would likely cause problems.
    Spoils: Not possible due to two rooms
    Thok: We solo tank this with a warrior, most people solo tank it
    Seigecrafter: Not possible due to electrostatic charge and that tank needing to kill the shredder
    Paragons: Not possible due to several paragons basically 1 shotting a tank if they have another paragons debuff
    Garrosh: Might be possible, not sure how the transition phase would work when you split though
    Aight thanks for the answer bro

Wait, surely if you are 12/14 HC on your main then you'd know about these things..?
    Garrosh cannot be solo tanked, phase two requires a tank swap every 10 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsolus View Post
    Wait, surely if you are 12/14 HC on your main then you'd know about these things..?
    Garrosh cannot be solo tanked, phase two requires a tank swap every 10 seconds.
    Or you know... you just run away from garrosh when he casts whirling corruption and your stacks reset.

Immerseus, Protectors, Thok, Garrosh very easily solo tankable.
    Norushen, Siegecrafter, Paragons is not that hard to solo tank
    Galakras, Iron Jugg, Nazgrim and Malkorok solo tankable but can be hard.
    Sha of Pride (afaik), Shamans and Spoils not solo tankable.

Immersues and Thok. Everything else is impossible or will be pretty hard unless your healers are gods or/and the tank kicks ass.

EDIT: 2nd tank on Garrosh is highly helpful to kite the adds around so your dps can focus boss on empowered whirling.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-10-23 at 03:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immersieus : This fight is easily solo tanked even with mediocre dps. At most you'll get 2 stacks of the debuff which if you time cooldowns for isn't a big deal.

Norushen : I really wonder how many stacks of self doubt a tank can get before they won't survive. A brewmaster might be able to go really high with mastery, I'm not sure, I've never tried. Either way, you'd have to have really, really good dps to pull that off.

Sha of pride : if you got really really creative, and had a really heads up non tank with a taunt (holy/ret paly, resto druid, etc) and they could survive 1 hit, you could -possibly- do sha if you have them taunt immediately before wounded pride happens, and then you taunt immediately back. Debuff always falls off before the next wounded pride.

I don't know if a dps/healer could take a hit from sha, but if they could that might work, but it would be so silly prone to error its not really worth it. Funny thoughts though.

Galakras : I wonder if a hunter or rogue can misdirect to one of the NPCs like King Wrynn or something while the tank does the tower. I think the 2nd tower could be handled by all dps though if you send up dps with disarm, the 2nd tower boss doesn't hit very hard at all if you keep her disarmed. Perhaps a rogue could do it long enough, if dps is quick enough about killing it.

Malkorok: I believe paladins can clear the debuff for you, and you can tank with it pretty high, I've gotten 30+ stacks before just to see and didn't have much of a problem. Plus the stacks will fall off during the blood rage phase. So if you clear the stacks after the first three puddles go out, and after the first three puddles go out after the blood rage, it should be okay.

Garrosh: I've heard multiple people claim to solo tank this, but I'm not sure how it works especially if you get sucked into the temple of chi'ji where you have two big adds that hit pretty hard separated by hallways.