Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As awesome as beards are, I dream for a clean shaven look on my human.
    One day....

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I only wish they get delivered to us soon. And by "soon" I don't mean Blizzard's definition of it.

A lot of people bitch about how Blizz better give them customization, or better not change this animation, or whatever, but I don't think Blizz can give us anything worse than what we already have. As far as I'm concerned, updated models is just a complimentary gift or a bonus that will come alongside the next expansion or whatever they'll be packaged with.
    This I agree with. " Don't change models b/c people are attached to them is B/S" .. have some freakin faith in yourselves. Why did people like them in the first place? They portrayed the race well.. not everything about them was good, theinkgs like too much stoop (horde males i'm looking at you), or really horrible looking casting animation (night elf male i'm looking at you), or ugly face (human model I'm looking at you), are all things taht can cahnge.

even if someone no longer likes their race, they'd like another of the new models, and, blizzard should keep the option for you to retain the old model so they can be creative without restraint on the redone models.

- - - Updated - - -

why doesn't wow have some cool animation sequences? things like sliding, on the floor or something.. I mean so many cool action movies with cool action scens, and lots of choreographers that do cool action movies.. get the guys who do Nikkita to do some great fight simulations.

Orc: Taller, less stout males. Being as wide as I am tall in some armor is comical. Also, I would love to have red, gray and brown skin options.

Blood Elf: Nothing, really. Maybe a less leaning backward posture for the males, but nothing too drastic.

Undead: Elbows and knees. For the love of all that is holy, give me elbows and knees. Or at least make gear cover them up.

A dark ranger model for either undead or blood elf would be awesome, too.

Couldn't care about new models less!

I do not want dev time and effort wasted in model updates when the lore and content sucks balls.

I do expect -if any- new models to be based on WoW lore and style -no pandas, thx.

Besides the obvious "just update everything", I really, really want belts to sit further up on female Tauren's hips.

Also, long beards for humans and white hair for human-form Worgen.

blizz have interesting models of various fantasy races, and should take advantage of that to animate features.

like Elven ears and eyebrows doing various movement types
    Trolls: Should have tusks they can actually move and use in attacks. e.g. with the face still the tusks can jerk up with enough force to gut someone, .. they can swing side ways too you can play tennis with the trunks without moving the head.
    Draenei: Tentacles moving. they should animate like Zoidberg in futurama
    Orcs : any ideas here?
    Tauren: more expressive faces - -and possiply ways to animate the tails more

humans, forsaken, dwarves, gnomes - nothing changed
    I'd have suggested goblin ears, but the goblin models aren't changing.

Mounts: Mounts with tails like Cats should armored spikes on them and their swings like a weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Let's be honest now, it's mostly about the story the problem for night elves. It's like Chucky the doll. Dolls are nice... yet it was Chucky's story that made people fear him which shows that even cute and not evil-looking stuff can be made scary, feral, evil.

Night elves are treated like purple humans, this is why they're not savage. As an extent, worgen have a savage looking model... yet because they haven't been present in story much they don't really strike me as feral and savage either, so same problem.
    While I think the model/skin needs some tweaking, I do agree that the way NElves have been portrayed in WoW is a big part of the problem. People were shocked at Tyrande's fervor in Krasarang, but it's actually in line with how she was at the beginning of the NElf WC3 campaign.

Added to this, as far as background lore goes they've played pivotal parts in the majority of Azeroth's history - but this is only touched on passively in game. Night Elves have more knowledge, wisdom and experience to offer the Alliance than most of the other races put together, but they're always background players in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Things I'm expecting from the new models:

- Sub races like Mag'har for orcs and Dark Iron for dwarves.
    - More hairstyles and colors.
    - More options for things like scars, tattoos, and warpaint.
    - New dances!

To be honest, I just want to actually see them.

It seems like we and Blizzard have been talking about the new models for years. I'm aware creating the new models is a lengthy process, but sometimes I feel like they might finally come out years after I've forgotten all about WoW and am playing Guild Wars 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be able to choose my eye color and my face separately. Give me this and I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Well that's odd... I just noticed that both in the concept art and the artwork the night elf has 4 fingers, not 5.

- - - Updated - - -
    In the first picture I think the Druid has 5 fingers, on the second on the other hand he has 4, but I think that image wants to show us the transformation the druid is going in, he apparently is a druid of the talon and he is turning into a crow, hence the druids right hand looking like a birds talons.

at yig

Tyrande does not have black talons on her new model, take a closer look. And the druid on the first photo is mentioned in wowwiki as both a druid of the claw and of the wild..Still all I see on that image is long nails(which would be fine imo) not talons or claws!

Anyway the thread is not only about druids, night elves, tyrande etc it is about new models for all races! And I can't wait to see how the new models will look.

I only want Taurens to not be so blocky and blurry.

Quote Originally Posted by elendil View Post
    In the first picture I think the Druid has 5 fingers, on the second on the other hand he has 4, but I think that image wants to show us the transformation the druid is going in, he apparently is a druid of the talon and he is turning into a crow, hence the druids right hand looking like a birds talons.

at yig

Tyrande does not have black talons on her new model, take a closer look. And the druid on the first photo is mentioned in wowwiki as both a druid of the claw and of the wild..Still all I see on that image is long nails(which would be fine imo) not talons or claws!

Anyway the thread is not only about druids, night elves, tyrande etc it is about new models for all races! And I can't wait to see how the new models will look.

Demon hunters lore is a mess of out of order events, mostly thanks to Richard Knaack.
    In WC3 demon hunters were an order of clandestine warriors who ritually blinded and bound their souls to demonic energy and chaos. It was unclear if Illidan founded their order or if he was just a skilled member of the demon hunters. Having heroes serve as templates for hero classes presents some weird issues like that. It would be lame if demon hunters are all just imitating Illidan in some weird hodge podge bunch of rituals they made up. When Knaack took away any hint of a ritual process with Illidan and made it just a weird thing Sargeras did to Illidan to make him more powerful, he messed up demon hunter lore big time. Not to mention there was no "metamorphosis" until Illidan claimed the skull of Guldan in Felwood only recently, yet we see it used by demon hunters in other places thousands of years ago. It's a mess. Now in Cataclysm we find out the order of secret Demon Hunters is known as the Dark Embrace. They have great respect for Illidan, but it's not known if they were founded by him, are imitating him, or what. Then we have Illidari demon hunters Illidan trained himself in Outland.

There is not a lot of consistency here to say one way or another. Many people think Night Elves have claws along with their sharp fangs. What you call "nails" is just a semantic issue.

I want long nails/talons just as you see with the Druid in the black and white pencil sketch. If you don't, more power to you.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

HAIR all of the hair!
    I get so sad playing other games and seeing just how much i can change my character, but on wow there is always SOMEONE who looks JUST like you.

Im looking more towards Humans for the Update.
    They just feel so clumsy, facial detail looks horrible.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I also think it would be cool if both humans and blood elves got some more facial hair options.

You should be able to make an elderly looking human with a long wizard beard, and blood elves should be able to have a real beard, even if they are only short ones, instead of eight variations of the "soul patch."

I'm expecting the new models to have one face each, like the pandaren. It was easy to have unique faces on the old models, since they were basically completely static and had no animation other than the jaw. A pandaren's face has more "bones" than the old models have total. Their expressiveness comes at the cost of variety, since you would need to custom animate each new face to prevent issues.

If they can manage pandaren level animation quality for everyone, I'll be happy.

I hope my tauren females get more face-pattern and hair choices, and the troll females get working eyelids and stop running like they need to drop a load. Everyone else could just use general improvements in looks and animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepstrider View Post
    People were shocked at Tyrande's fervor in Krasarang,
    I don't remember anyone being shocked she wanted to slaughter the Horde. I only remember people being shocked that an old and experienced veteran like her would have such a stupid grasp of tactics (mostly to make Varian look good.)
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-10-29 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    I'm expecting the new models to have one face each, like the pandaren. It was easy to have unique faces on the old models, since they were basically completely static and had no animation other than the jaw. A pandaren's face has more "bones" than the old models have total. Their expressiveness comes at the cost of variety, since you would need to custom animate each new face to prevent issues.
    I disagree there, when they picked faces, they took different types of human faces and made only slight variations of them.

Have you not noticed how all the human males could be brothers, and a large bunch of the choices twins, not ncecessarily identical but close enough. It's the same for every race.

So what I'm saying here is that the races won't all have similar faces, but the variation between teh facial options between each race might seem less.. if that's what you're saying, then you may be right, they will animate ALL the face in the same way, which means ALL their expressions would be similar.. but then, no they won't, because those that look differnet have different face bone structures, so the expressions will coem out differently.

I guess I don't agree there.

Goood news, Tauren are getting a huge upgrade, you'll love the new model, their faces are very expressive, think of an improved worgen. They wish they had this tech going when they initially did the worgen males.

And nicely spotted too, I think everyone sees that Tyrande is again there to make VArian look good. I geuss they were trying to make her look more ferocious, but that means little when a 10,000+ year old leader, ends up looking stupid making schoolboy errors most recruits wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post

If they can manage pandaren level animation quality for everyone, I'll be happy.

I hope my tauren females get more face-pattern and hair choices, and the troll females get working eyelids and stop running like they need to drop a load. Everyone else could just use general improvements in looks and animation.

I don't remember anyone being shocked she wanted to slaughter the Horde. I only remember people being shocked that an old and experienced veteran like her would have such a stupid grasp of tactics (mostly to make Varian look good.)
    They are making an equivalent update for every single original customization option you see. The same amount of faces, hairstyles, skin colors, all updated.
    One of the major reasons anthropomorphic characters based on animals have more limited facial options is because the differences are so subtle, you risk making them looking like a different species of animal. This idea that there is a trend towards Blizzard limiting newer races customization options is false. Go back and count the different facial options in the original races, some of them were just as limited, some of them had much more options. The goblins had a lot more options than the worgen, though for some reason some of those extra goblin faces and hairstyles were removed after beta, even so. There is not a trend towards less customization, it's a matter of context.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post

Goood news, Tauren are getting a huge upgrade, you'll love the new model, their faces are very expressive, think of an improved worgen. They wish they had this tech going when they initially did the worgen males.
    This makes me very curious about the new models. Where did you get this information from?