10+ Year Old Account

Fishing for procs for Ret T16 4 Piece + Divine Purpose. Good or bad?

I'm finding myself trying to fish more procs out of DP + Ret 4 piece bonus, especially in AoE, than just going to 5 holy power and doing the normal thing. Sometimes I get 4-12+ back-to-back procs of TV and DS and sometimes I don't get any. Wise to do so in AoE, or even single target?

I'd wager it's not so great for single target but it's been working out amazingly well for AoE for me. Should I continue this line of thinking?

Also, when I say AoE I mean stuff like, say, pretty much most trash in SoO, Galakras adds, Nazgrim adds, Sha of Pride adds, Garrosh adds, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

I like to do it.

I've been trying out a HoTR > DS (talent 4pc and 3-5hp) > everything else aoe rotation.

Take that with a grain of salt, I have no math that it works other than that it ranks well on heroic galakras. But you could easily argue that it is all luck.
    Last edited by Imperviable; 2013-10-23 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been a while since I posted this but I've been dinkin' around with it more. For aoe it feels better to use holy power at 3 to fish for divine storm procs. Highest I've seen so far is 13 on Galakras adds. It was beautiful...

However for single target, Sanctified Wrath still ends up being more damage for me. Feels weird to ignore the DS procs during wings though unless I somehow have 2 holy power and HoW is on cd, allowing me to use the free DS once then use HoW to get TV.
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Been a while since I posted this but I've been dinkin' around with it more. For aoe it feels better to use holy power at 3 to fish for divine storm procs. Highest I've seen so far is 13 on Galakras adds. It was beautiful...

However for single target, Sanctified Wrath still ends up being more damage for me. Feels weird to ignore the DS procs during wings though unless I somehow have 2 holy power and HoW is on cd, allowing me to use the free DS once then use HoW to get TV.
    Don't ignore those even during wings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperviable View Post
    Don't ignore those even during wings.
    Derp, I'll keep that in mind then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Derp, I'll keep that in mind then.
    Your priority should be 5hp TV>HoW>4pc DS> TV > CS

In application, this should mean you cast HoW every other CD filling in the gaps with DS>TV>CS but making sure not to waste 5hp by capping.

using SW, if you find yourself with 5HP and a DS proc, use the DS proc first, otherwise you potentially waste another DS proc if you use the TV first

Quote Originally Posted by thatfireguy View Post
    using SW, if you find yourself with 5HP and a DS proc, use the DS proc first, otherwise you potentially waste another DS proc if you use the TV first
    You're right, I should have included that.