Thread: 5.4 daggers

5.4 daggers

Is it only me thats missing a 1.4 speed dagger in 5.4?
    Or is this not important anymore outside of assassination builds?
    (And is it even important IN assassination builds?)
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they normalise all dagger speeds to 1.8?

I don't know! I've just been stressing around to find a fast OH weapon. You might just be right!
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

10+ Year Old Account
    A quick look on wowhead shows almsot all daggers at 1.8 speed, a couple of lower ilevel ones at 1.7 speed, and spellpower ones at 1.6 speed.

They did away with the offhand faster dagger malarky in the pre-mop patch I think.

You are trolling, right?

Please, don't come to call other posters "trolls".
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2013-10-23 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    A quick look on wowhead shows almsot all daggers at 1.8 speed, a couple of lower ilevel ones at 1.7 speed, and spellpower ones at 1.6 speed.

They did away with the offhand faster dagger malarky in the pre-mop patch I think.
    This. The 1.4 speed offhand became less important when they made it so poisons applied to both weapons, instead of one individual weapon, along with the combining of Deadly and Instant Poison. Combat Potency was also normalized a bit, and made to proc from Combats 'extra swing' mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Didn't they normalise all dagger speeds to 1.8?
    Yes, since MOP all new daggers are 1.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenjin View Post
    Yes, since MOP all new daggers are 1.8.
    yup this is correct (atleast for raiding agi daggers ^_^)

All OLD daggers are 1.8 with very few exceptions.

You are correct, OP, that a 1.4 (or 0.1) offhand would be ideal for sub and mutilate, and likely edge out slow offhands for combat as well. But as has been stated, they changed all of them to 1.8 because, honestly, our gearing was absurd. To be a fully geared rogue back in the day you wanted way too much garbage, and often a tier would have one 1.4 dagger and one 1.8 dagger and each one had exactly one use- be a rogue's mainhand or offhand.

OP - here is your final answer. To prevent clutter and confusion, closing this thread.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-10-23 at 04:21 PM.