[Guardian] damage on Garrosh

We finally killed Garrosh on normal yesterday (10m) - http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/kbu5wrywort9ft7z/ - with 2 tanks and 2 healers. I was one the tanks; see my sig for armoury link.

There's a lot of things we can improve on as a guild (P3 is still pretty messy) but he ended up dead, and I ended up top of damage done. Is this normal for bears on Garrosh? Or do my guild need to do more damage? (They're all good players so that doesn't seem likely to me.) I thought Blizzard had nerfed tank damage.

There's also plenty of things I can improve on personally too (most notably cooldown usage, I didn't use anything nearly enough because I tend to keep them all ready for when the shit hits the fan, even Barkskin. I need to get out of that frame of mind, at least for Barkskin) so any tips there are welcome too.
    Blencathra <Hexx> - Guardian Druid - Chamber of Aspects

I top the DPS on our kills. I handle most of the adds + boss in phase1, as well as rounding up all the adds and kiting at the end.

If you tank Garrosh in P1 you're going to do a ridiculous amount of damage to the adds. Depending on the number of waves you get and how long they're alive, that may propel you to the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    There's a lot of things we can improve on as a guild (P3 is still pretty messy) but he ended up dead, and I ended up top of damage done. Is this normal for bears on Garrosh? Or do my guild need to do more damage? (They're all good players so that doesn't seem likely to me.) I thought Blizzard had nerfed tank damage.

There's also plenty of things I can improve on personally too (most notably cooldown usage, I didn't use anything nearly enough because I tend to keep them all ready for when the shit hits the fan, even Barkskin. I need to get out of that frame of mind, at least for Barkskin) so any tips there are welcome too.
    If you tank Garrosh and the adds simultaneously in P1, you'll likely be #1 in damage by a good margine, especially if the DPS don't really outgear the encounter by a mile. I'd post my numbers, but I honestly haven't tanked Garrosh in P1 since the first week, since we have a certain way of doing things... plus I like to share the tank DPS love and let our other tanks have a whack at doing big numbers. Also, if the Garrosh tank does any sort of AoE, the Vengeance from the adds nowhere near enough to maintain threat, so why fight it?

From a cooldown perspective, it's not necessary a bad thing to not use CDs the second they pop up, especially if it's overkill. While going through the motions of executing CDs regardless of how difficult the encounter may be definitely has merit, completely wasting them and not having them available when you might need them is a separate matter. Garrosh isn't an encounter where there's a systematic burst damage you're avoiding (a la Siegecrafter), at best there's certain periods of time when a cooldown may be necessary or useful (high stacks of the debuff, Whirling Corruption, etc). Judging when you will or will not need a CD is part of being a tank... the most definitive proof that one's cooldown usage was wrong is if a tank dies w/o having used personal CDs that would've allowed survival. Everything else in between is very relative.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    I always tank the adds + boss in Phase 1, and I always soak the full blows from annihilate in the transitions. Normally end the fight at around 350-360k DPS, far above the 2nd DPS.

I raid 25 men this tier, and on garrosh I was on top 3 dps mainly bcz adds and boss are on me for p1

We had our pally do adds and garrosh in ph1 for the 1st night we worked on it he did like 200k. second night when I did it I was at 400k and only fell to 330k on our kill so i just think bears are doing really good dmg atm