Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I'd like to put forward the idea that if you haven't been to the forums in over 2 months then don't just randomly start pointless threads. Either keep up or catch up when you do venture over here, but the amount of pointless threads is becoming ridiculous.
    Infract people who are to stupid to use the search / scroll down to see what other threads there are.

Another option is to simply ignore the thread and let it fall to page 2 instead of consistently bumping it by posting rage comments like people do.

More often than not a mod will simply post a link to the current main thread for the topic and close the thread or merge the thread with another.

Quote Originally Posted by fassade View Post
    Destruction is easy to play, while Aff takes time to master.
    It is just normal for casual players
    Tell me you are joking. Just because Destro uses like 5 spells a majority of the time (single target), doesn't mean it's easy. If you're stupid and cast Chaos Bolt/SB without int/crit buffs, I lol.

1.5 mil chaos bolt > 500k chaos bolt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Tell me you are joking. Just because Destro uses like 5 spells a majority of the time (single target), doesn't mean it's easy. If you're stupid and cast Chaos Bolt/SB without int/crit buffs, I lol.

1.5 mil chaos bolt > 500k chaos bolt.
    Destro is easy when compared to aff is what he is saying. Which is true and everyone knows if you have played both specs.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Destro is easy when compared to aff is what he is saying. Which is true and everyone knows if you have played both specs.
    I only ever thought that when I mained aff more than destro, but if you put it into perspective aff is so much easier of a spec to work than destruction or demonology. Literally all you do reactively to a proc as aff is soulburn soulswap or hard cast some dots if anything at all, place haunt on the target with reasonably buffed dots or if you're going to shard cap and then spam MG to your hearts content.

I mean have you ever looked at these time spent charts?

For aff this sim literally spends 357s of a fight spamming filler. It spends 40 seconds casting haunt which is only reactive to having strong procs on the target or capping out on shards and is not at all super time sensitive, and the rest is just refreshing dots. After lumping dots / soul swap / soul burn into the same category you're literally looking at a 3 button spec that has thee EASIEST time reacting to procs as all you have to do is soulburn > soulswap when you have a super strong string of procs up and you're good to go! back to spamming filler.

Destructions time spent is extremely similar except it's only spending 285 seconds spamming filler, and the rest is pretty much all reactive. You want to use conflag to fish for 2p procs after a 4p proc so you're not necessarily spamming it on CD unless you're looking at stack capping. Your immolates should hopefully only get refreshed when you're snapshotting either 2p and / or 4p proc so as to get the most ember generation out of it. and how you spend your embers is EXTREMELY important in destruction vs how you deal with your shards in aff. It's far more time sensitive for procs when you're trying to get chaosbolts out than it is for aff where it realistically only has to worry about a single gcd during the proc.

Destruction has a big song and dance for generating and then spending embers in the most efficient way possible on any fight, where affliction is literally just *snapshot procs, cast haunt to further buff strong procs, spam filler, DS right before something dies to get shards back*. I found it takes FAR more effort to play destruction to its max potential then it takes to play affliction after having played all the specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I only ever thought that when I mained aff more than destro, but if you put it into perspective aff is so much easier of a spec to work than destruction or demonology. Literally all you do reactively to a proc as aff is soulburn soulswap or hard cast some dots if anything at all, place haunt on the target with reasonably buffed dots or if you're going to shard cap and then spam MG to your hearts content.

For aff this sim literally spends 357s of a fight spamming filler. It spends 40 seconds casting haunt which is only reactive to having strong procs on the target or capping out on shards and is not at all super time sensitive, and the rest is just refreshing dots. After lumping dots / soul swap / soul burn into the same category you're literally looking at a 3 button spec that has thee EASIEST time reacting to procs as all you have to do is soulburn > soulswap when you have a super strong string of procs up and you're good to go! back to spamming filler.

Destructions time spent is extremely similar except it's only spending 285 seconds spamming filler, and the rest is pretty much all reactive. You want to use conflag to fish for 2p procs after a 4p proc so you're not necessarily spamming it on CD unless you're looking at stack capping. Your immolates should hopefully only get refreshed when you're snapshotting either 2p and / or 4p proc so as to get the most ember generation out of it. and how you spend your embers is EXTREMELY important in destruction vs how you deal with your shards in aff. It's far more time sensitive for procs when you're trying to get chaosbolts out than it is for aff where it realistically only has to worry about a single gcd during the proc.

Destruction has a big song and dance for generating and then spending embers in the most efficient way possible on any fight, where affliction is literally just *snapshot procs, cast haunt to further buff strong procs, spam filler, DS right before something dies to get shards back*. I found it takes FAR more effort to play destruction to its max potential then it takes to play affliction after having played all the specs.

Youre using simcraft (a program who has superhuman reaction time) patchwerk style fight to show how easy both specs are. The closest you will come to either of this charts is malkorok. And im sure corruption would take up some space on the aff chart if it were on there thus lowering the filler time youre using as a dificulty scale.. Most fights are multi-dotable aswell. Youre going to tell me keeping buffed dots on 3+ targets is easier than FnB > immolate or havoc immolating? Using haunt as a filler while in the execute is a dps increase or using it when youre getting super night fall procs. Monitoring buffs and making sure you get the best out of your dots and getting the longest duration is much more difficult than popping DS when procs are up to spam chaosbolt.

with these example demo is the hardest to play cuz it spend the least time using filler
    Last edited by dawawe; 2013-10-24 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    On something like Malkorok you're trying to cast a Chaos bolt with 10 stack BBoY approaching and then you get knocked up, you just lost like 800k damage.
    More like 2.5million :'(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    More like 2.5million :'(
    Ehh yeah fail, I only accounted for the additional damage that such a proc would give you, not including the base damage it would hit for anyway.

Do you even play Aff, the fights that Aff are good on don't look like anything close to those time spent graphs. i.e. multi-target fights with high health/low amount of adds. I play Aff on Protectors, Norushen, Shamans, Nazgrim, Thok, and Garrosh, and other then Thok and parts of Garrosh it is no where close to your simcraft patchwerk setting graph...

I play Destro on everything else, and while I think both specs are fun in their own right I do feel like I have to think more when playing Aff. You still have to react and use affdots properly, while making sure you soulswap constantly depending on the fight, know when to drain soul to recharge shards, keep haunt up on your main target, and focus your main target to make sure dots stay up. I feel like I do way more in the fights I play aff in terms of button presses and constantly switching targets.

Destro single target is obviously simple, but other then Havoc and Shadowburn mouse overs destro doesn't require much mental tracking on fights like Galakras and Spoils. Generally cast RoF every 6s and do your normal rotation with FnB up. Cast Chaos Bolts on large procs, keep Havoc up, but other then that their is no mental comparison going on like Aff where you need to do more then CB when you see your WAs pop up. The main reaction is using havoc on cooldown and shadowburning properly which isn't that hard with a /stopcast mouseover macro. For single target like Immerseus, Iron Jug, Malk (sometimes Aff on this as well), Blackfuse, and Paragons (because really it's single target other then keeping up RoF for embers) Destro really isn't that hard. While I agree that Aff is very simple for single target as well, most people aren't using Aff for single target.

On that note demo is my favorite and what I think is the most challenging spec even with boring shadowbolt periods, kind of a shame what they got nerfed to. I'm hoping to switch back to it once I'm close to BiS and 4pc tier which is where it seems to catch up. Obviously the 4pc Demo is insanely good so it's probably going to take at least that to be close to the other specs.
    Last edited by Strifey; 2013-10-24 at 12:06 AM.

For one can one of you guys or a mod for the love of shit please edit those quotes so we dont have my massive post on the same page 3 times.
    Your using simcraft etc
    You're missing the point which is... *you spend just as much if not more time spamming filler in aff as you do destruction.* Yes spamming soulswap is far easier than min-maxing destruction cleave etc. If you lump the 3 dots, soulburn, and soulswap into the same category you're looking at a 3 button spec. dots, haunt, mg.

and again, min-maxing procs is FAR easier as aff than it is as destruction... you seriously only need to worry about 1-2 gcds to min-max aff procs. Then you can spam soulswap on everything and its mother... notsomuch with destruction.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2013-10-24 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For one you guys love of shit snipping.
    at least quote the whole statement instead of just a small part trying to make ppl look like assholes otherwise you look like this

at least quote the whole statement instead of just a small part trying to make ppl look like assholes otherwise you look like this
    Dunno if you've ever been to a forum but uh... general etiquette is to chop down large comments or at the very least pictures etc so you don't have a single page be one guys post 5 times with a couple small comments after it since it takes up a ton of space...

Generally speaking people are smart enough to click the view post button when its obvious the entire comment isn't there if by some miracle they didn't bother to read ALL of the other posts in the thread but read my one random one in the middle of it...

Deleted
    Dunno if you've ever been to a forum but uh... general etiquette is to chop down large comments or at the very least pictures etc so you don't have a single page be one guys post 5 times with a couple small comments after it since it takes up a ton of space...

Generally speaking people are smart enough to click the view post button when its obvious the entire comment isn't there if by some miracle they didn't bother to read ALL of the other posts in the thread but read my one random one in the middle of it...
    Dunno if you've ever been to anywhere but uh.. taking things out of context will not end up good for you.

Your indication that affliction is easier than destruction is beyond silly. Especially that it is bases on data stripped out of context. (YES AGAIN)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardio32 View Post
    So after completing all 14 bosses on LFR and Flex difficultly
    Perfect base for a 'Final Conclusion'.

- - - Updated - - -

havoc immolating?
    I'm going to need a bypass after I'm finished reading this thread.

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by Alarinth; 2013-10-24 at 05:15 PM.

Outperforming by topping raid bot meters != best spec. I can't compete on meter as affli vs. destro lock on, say, sha of pride, but I still beat him by a good margin on boss dmg which is actually relevant.

Destro can pad well (accidental aoe, ridiculous overkill amounts with shadowburn sniping). It's awesome dmg when used properly, but I wouldn't draw conclusions from having it shown on top on the raidbot page.

Deleted
    Destruction definitely is not easier then Affliction. I'd say both are easy on single target and Destruction is harder on cleave/aoe.
    Last edited by mmoc5a65aaa171; 2013-10-24 at 01:38 PM.

Deleted
    My view on the difficulty of play, not just which produces the best numbers.

Single target: Destro = Aff (is any class / spec difficult on single target? Just execute a rotation and don't balls up with procs. Snapshotting dots and casting chaos bolts / shadowburns is just a piece of cake, really)
    Cleave: Destro < Aff (getting the absolute most out of havoc is more difficult than soul swap and monitoring dots, for me at least)
    AoE: Destro > Aff (RoF and FnB is easier and more fun than seed of corruption, affli is just pretty weak at aoe)

At the minute I'm mostly playing destro, more because of its utility on every SoO fight and the fact I can't be bothered to reforge every piece of my gear multiple times per raid rather than what my gear and ilvl dictates. If I had BBoY right now I'd almost certainly be playing affliction at the moment, but then I'm hoping that this week I can get both that trinket and my 4th piece of tier. And 4pc tier looks significantly better for destro than it does for affliction, so it's actually unlikely I'll be switching to affliction any time soon. Maybe once my ilvl is 565+ (557 atm) and the affliction numbers noticeably pull ahead (haven't really checked up to see how much they do, mind)

If demo was a little stronger I'd still be playing it. It's my favourite spec by a mile and I played it exclusively from 5.0 to 5.4. Also the tier-bonuses look pretty nice.

But unless you're doing heroics I don't think it's much of an issue which you play. The differences are only significant if you're really bad at the spec or you have the wrong gear / reforges. Play what's fun and master it rather than juggling fotm's and getting all frustrated when you find a spec you aren't any good at is apparently the best one to play.
    Last edited by mmoc2503427504; 2013-10-24 at 01:55 PM.

You're both pretty. Now stop crying.

Each Warlock spec has it's own challenges and strengths which change fight to fight.

A better conversation might be what was the most challenging iteration of our specs from the whole of WoWs timeline.

On Topic: Destro isn't as bad as we feared it would be and Aff isn't running away with the show.

Off Topic: GC still says fuck Demo.

So after driving on the highway and locals roads I do not see what all the fuss is about with manual stick shift. Comparing my casual driving experience with indy 500 and f1 numbers submitted on espn I come to the conclusion that automatic stick shift is out-performing manual stick shift on most encounters. There are a few roads that are clearly manual shift favored (curved, slick, and windy) and a few that are automatic favored (straight, level, straighter, and more-leveled). The roads that do not have a curve mechanic or slick mechanic seem to be very similar (i.e. the highway next to my house).

So much question is, why all the fuss about manual stick shift?

I see what you did there.