Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nether

Title: Nether
    Developer: Phosphor Games
    Genre: Survival Horror MMO
    Release: 10/31/13 (beta) if pre-ordered
    Official Website

Nether is a first-person, survival-shooter that introduces players to a desolated, sprawling urban cityscape (based loosely on Chicago). Nether features core survival elements, requiring players to scavenge for resources in order to survive as well as crafting. More importantly, Nether brings unique gameplay elements to the genre, and brings the experience to a new level. The city spans several hundred blocks and players can access most of the buildings, including multi-level skyscrapers that provide huge vantage points.

Danger is around every corner, sometimes only a few yards from you, raising tension to a new level. Nether also presents players with a meld of PvE and PvP that fosters unique, emergent gameplay and forces big decisions when it comes to trusting other players. The enemies, called “Nethers,” are unique and each species possesses both demonic and human qualities, making them fast, smart and hard to kill. This also factors in when it comes to working together to defend safe zones or clear out structures. Finally, by setting world objectives, Nether adds another dimension to the survival genre, which further sets it apart from other online games.

I'm a sucker for games like this so I'm hoping its going to be good. It kind of looks a little like The WarZ ( Infestation Survivor Stories) hopefully they do it right this time though and have a good anti-cheat, a non p2w marketplace and developers that know what they're doing. From the videos it looks like something that I would play but you can't really tell how good it will actually be until you can play it yourself. thought I'd make a thread about it because I'm sure not too many people know about the game.
    Last edited by Last Attempt; 2013-10-24 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks pretty cool. I've been wanting a game like this for while (that's good). I hope they can deliver.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-10-24 at 04:10 AM.

Is this really an MMO? Looks it'll be <50 player limit server based.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Is this really an MMO? Looks it'll be <50 player limit server based.
    Well thats what they call it, I think I seen somewhere on their forums of them saying they want a 50-60 server limit cap at the start then raising it to 200 later.

Deleted
    More survival games? Could this one actaully be decent/mediocre?
    Look I want S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 and so far I haven't found anything but lackluster downright shitty games...

Also please no more PvP shit... Online survival games isn't the place for such a feature, too many powertrippers too little consecvense.

Urgh the studios experience, a kinect game and two mobile game... None them on PC or online gameplay, not gonna hold my breath but am willing to be happily surprised
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2013-10-24 at 03:03 PM.

Yeah, what happened to the Stalker-like games? I want one of those damnit, I'll remain very skeptical of any survival-MP games these days (especially after WarZ & others).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

This is Warz 2.0. Stay far away from this.

Early access came out today, its on steam and people are streaming it on Twitch if any of you were thinking about buying this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    Yeah... This sounds interesting but I fear it might just be another case like War Z. I'll have to check out some streams later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendor View Post
    To clarify in case people don't understand what you mean.

This literally is War Z 2.0.

The company is just a rebranding of the same people who made The War Z/Infestation whatever, changed the name of it, changed the name of the game, changed the zombies to nether beasts and re-released it.

http://www.trademarkia.com/correspon...ercu-1-1104262

Same Trademark owner etc.

Stay very far away.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-10-30 at 07:55 AM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    You gotta be fucking kidding me seriously! warZ 2.0?! god oh god why! i can already see people coming here and claiming this is a good game and it's completely rational to do this...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow....the depths that some devs will sink to. This game has been rebranded so many times in attempts to deceive consumers. Very displeased Steam would even let them use their platform to distribute the game after that fiasco. Stay away indeed.
    BAD WOLF

So I figured I'd look into some more stuff, since this company is going to crazy lengths to try to convince people that they're not Hammerpoint/OP Productions just rehashing WarZ and trying to scam more money while their last title just...dies...like their title before it, The War Inc.

OP Productions LLC, is a registered company in Delaware...that shares the same mailing address as the "Corporation Trust Company" at 1209 Orange St., Wilmington, DE 19801. What The Corporation Trust Company is, is that they are a facilitator in creating Limited Liability Companies (LLC) in the state of Delaware. This is a fairly common practice in Delaware and Nevada, because it's so goddamn easy to do it. You sign some papers, pay your $50 and voila, you're a company. The only listed address for OP Productions LLC, the publisher of The War Z and Infestation: Survivor Stories is this 1209 Orange St. As "The Corporation Trust Company" also takes in mail for their LLC's for tax purposes and renewals. It doesn't help that 1209 Orange St. looks like a shut down newspaper shop.

Jump ahead and now we have "Nether Productions LLC." Much like OP Productions LLC, they too are a Delaware Company. Registered at 16192 Coastal Highway, Lewes, DE 19958. The same address as "Harvard Business Services Inc." Which much like The Corporation Trust Company, is a facilitator and registrar for Delaware Corporations. HBS is a nice little office on some out of town backwoods dual carriage way on the atlantic coast of delaware. Also, not their actual address. But they merely take in mail to keep their LLC alive every year.

Now being a Delaware LLC or a Nevada LLC isn't necessarily bad, nor is it even illegal necessarily. Many major companies do it. The difference is, it makes it incredibly simple to not only create a shell company within a relatively short amount of time but also shelter the ownership.

Add to this that the filing of the trademarks for The War Z, Infestation and now Nether are all done by the same lawyer....among other trademarks. A Mr. Steve Bercu Esq. of Cambridge MA. His website: http://www.limelaw.com/team.html

http://www.trademarkia.com/the-war-z-85682663.html
    http://www.trademarkia.com/infestati...-86006751.html
    http://www.trademarkia.com/infestation-85898388.html
    http://www.trademarkia.com/nether-86007710.html
    http://www.trademarkia.com/prey-or-pray-86007699.html

Who also registered the Trademark for this:

http://www.trademarkia.com/war-of-mechs-86064613.html

Assigned to an Arktos Entertainment Group LLC. Arktos, the original developer of "The War Inc." Which went tits up some time in like 2010 and eventually given over to GamersFirst for Free to Play horribleness. The War Inc was a predecessor to The War Z. His only 3 filed trademarks are all associated with a team or teams that were directly responsible or allegedly responsible for The War Z/Infestation. Coincidence...

For more clarification...

An article on Arktos' majority stake in Hammerpoint.
    http://venturebeat.com/2012/12/17/ar...ive-exclusive/

Well that's disappointing. The concept seemed cool and I was hopeful : /

But if the WarZ guys are involved, that's a huge warning sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well that's disappointing. The concept seemed cool and I was hopeful : /

But if the WarZ guys are involved, that's a huge warning sign.
    What makes it worse is that the guys at Phosphor Games, might almost be innocent in this. But they're just being so fucking shady about it. Not disclosing their relationship with Nether Productions LLC or anything.

If these still exist tomorrow, enjoy

http://steamcommunity.com/app/247730...4800607882539/
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/247730...4800611865081/

as one of their moderator shills threatens to ban me for asking questions

It's such a shame that really neat concepts like this get bogged down by terrible developers. This could be really cool in the right hands, but if it has anything to do with the War Z folks, I want nothing to do with it. Judging by what you've posted here regarding the issue, Tradewind, it doesn't seem as if it's entirely been confirmed, but they ARE acting really shady about it. That makes me cautious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never really had a thing for the post apocalyptic open world deathmatch games that involve both bots and random enemies. Wasteland is fun because it's just pvp without the zombies, and the only other game of this setting that has my appeal is The Division because at least it looks different. I do love your format styling though OP, wish more threads began like that. Hell, most "Megethreads" don't give the topic that much in the original post. So +rep to you for that, if it existed -.-

I don't understand why no reputable company/developer would try to tackle this idea. A first person MMO I would imagine would be huge.

Take COD, add in a huge sprawling city and zombies. And make you have to scavenge for food/water supplies. I mean even an Xbox server could host 25 people at a time on each server I would assume, if not more. I don't see how this wouldn't become a giant hit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    I don't understand why no reputable company/developer would try to tackle this idea. A first person MMO I would imagine would be huge.

Take COD, add in a huge sprawling city and zombies. And make you have to scavenge for food/water supplies. I mean even an Xbox server could host 25 people at a time on each server I would assume, if not more. I don't see how this wouldn't become a giant hit.
    Ubisoft is doing it with The Division, and it doesn't need zombies to succeed, it's the most annoying aspect of Day-Z for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynnyelle View Post
    It's such a shame that really neat concepts like this get bogged down by terrible developers. This could be really cool in the right hands, but if it has anything to do with the War Z folks, I want nothing to do with it. Judging by what you've posted here regarding the issue, Tradewind, it doesn't seem as if it's entirely been confirmed, but they ARE acting really shady about it. That makes me cautious.
    the hard part is that all of these companies are Delaware LLC's. Which affords them so much fuckin anonymity it's almost impossible to connect anything directly. Literally, you can make a business anonymously in Delaware through a registered agent. How fucked up is that. So the owner and any co-owners or shareholders are completely stricken from corporate records. Why? So they can hide from debt collectors....

I don't even know lol...I really wanted to make that final connection, but I'm cockblocked now. Maybe I just need to pass all that I've gathered to someone at Kotaku to run with it or something. Someone who can actually investigate.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup threads locked and banned lol. Certainly nobody has anything to hide over there...