Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Ya we were looking at going in groups of 5/5/5
    Why not go 4/5/3/5, the first 5 will be rought but you should have purified healers at that point already so it wont be too bad, the last 5 should be easier cause youll have every healer purified by them. Tell the ppl inside to try to time theyre big add kills so they dont come out all at once, for instance a combat rogue going in can basicaly insta kill his big add, a lock or another dot class can keep dots up on the big sha while focusing more on the smaler ones first and delay the kill by alot so theyre big adds would never come out togetehr with the rogue one for instance. Also send whichever disc priests and mistweaver monks you have first cause they can also DPS the boss and they can finish theyre trial considerably fast since they can help the dumb NPCs kill the big add, Id go as far as saying send in all your discs and mws right off the bat, if you havent too many of them shouldnt be a problem at all, the healers outside can rotate CDs to keep everyone alive.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-10-26 at 06:38 AM.

Got combat with heroic fist mh,
    or I can go sub with warforged 567 dag mh 561 oh dag,
    or Assass with same daggers
    1) Definitely go sub and 2) Why not use your heroic fist as your sub OH? (My guess is it's a decent gain and it'll save you headaches with reforging if you switch between sub and combat; just switch hands!)

I've had a lot of success as sub so far this tier, since it has monster single target potential - and, especially if you're getting purified early in this fight, you should be able to tunnel on the boss while the non-purified dps cleave adds. I recommend glyph of redirect for quick stuns on demand for big adds + prey on the weak talented. AoC is a big help here too, just for more frequent CoS and FW uptime.

Here are some sample logs (though take them with a grain of salt, since I wasn't logging):

25N a few weeks ago:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...00#Himitsurugi

10H this week:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...59#Himitsurugi

Deleted
    combat is best on norushen

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS on norushen depends too much on when you get to go down to get cleansed. Ofc, combat will have a little bit of fun cleaving adds, but that DPS is wasted on the Almag itself. I would say the best spec for Norushen for a rogue, if you get to go down 1st or second wave, would be sub hands down and then just go HAM on the boss.

Deleted
    I find it funny how you are all like "lol blade flurry" when you see top combat parse somewhere. Heard that there is lot of cleaving in Norushen top parses, did someone here even check that out?

Wonder why ppl still jumping on this subtlety hype train when they can play retardedly OP and not even rng combat w/o 2004 mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Ofc, combat will have a little bit of fun cleaving adds, but that DPS is wasted on the Almag itself. I would say the best spec for Norushen for a rogue, if you get to go down 1st or second wave, would be sub hands down and then just go HAM on the boss.
    Is that dps wasted? I'm pretty sure that if you math out how much dps you lose on your primary target and gain on your secondary target (which also damages the boss) that even if you account for the bonus damage on your primary versus normal damage on your secondary, its a damage gain on the boss. And you could easily be cleaving 2-3 things and not just one.

And I'm guessing your basis for that last part is that sub does more single target dps which is very, very questionable. Sub will also be hurt more by you having to block the little adds when they are in front of the boss, though you could just ignore that mechanic and hope others in your raid cover for it.

Deleted
    It actually is wasted as long as u have at least one not purified DPS in raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinth View Post
    It actually is wasted as long as u have at least one not purified DPS in raid.
    Hmm, not sure I agree. Its like the balls on Ra-den. Most guilds would ignore them while the balls still had less hp than they would 'heal' Ra-den for. Why? Target swapping is less efficient (and I mean actually swapping, not just tossing up a dot or something) for most classes. Yes, some one doing 75% damage could switch to the add to do full damage for 3 seconds, but is that really better than just cleaving it?

Deleted
    So its either rogue doing 111% + 26% (numbers pulled out of shadowcrafts ass) his DPS to boss and poor 75 corruption guy does 50% or rogue 125 and the other one 100...
    Last edited by mmoc2127cc2147; 2013-10-27 at 10:07 PM. Reason: conveyor belt doesnt like math

You guys seem to be fretting over something so miniscule. Play the spec that you are comfortable with. The high end parses have gear that the "average" raider won't see until much later on. If you have the gear to be getting those insane parses you also know when to play which spec and whether your raid needs you to play another spec.
    Dropndestroy | i7-3770k 4.6Ghz | EVGA GTX 680 SC Signature+ SLI | ASUS Maximus V Formula | G.Skill 16gb 2400 | AX850

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Just curious which spec are you saying is 9% over which other one? And how far off is the one in the middle?
    Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    You just pulled this 9% out of your behind dude, the specs are so equaly viable we had all 3 rogue specs very evenly represented on the first 10 garrosh heroic kills, if the first 10 kills arent bleeding edge I dont know what is. Rogues are pretty much playing what they want/what they have the best weapons for and having awesome results all the time.
    No, I didn't. That 9% came from simulation, which shows the gap exists (between subtlety and assassination, with combat being only marginally behind subtlety), and a poor judgement of 99th percentile WoL entires. However, on better inspection of WoL, the gap that comes in simulation doesn't appear to exist in practise. Whether this is a skill issue, gear issue, gameplay issue or simply isn't the case in practise remains to be seen.

And to note, Garrosh is somewhat of an anomaly to begin with, lending itself to all three specs in different ways.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-10-28 at 12:25 AM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Got combat with heroic fist mh,
    or I can go sub with warforged 567 dag mh 561 oh dag,
    or Assass with same daggers
    If it's progression and you don't mind the spec you play and you are of equal skill and gear available to them all, Sub would be best single target. If you get purified 1st it's easy to allow others to dps the adds as they really have low HP even on Heroic.

If they want you on adds no matter what when they come out, go Combat, sit on the boss and just use BF to cleave, it's very efficient.

Mut is not bad at all either with it's execute phase, but again go with what you prefer to play or what your gear supports the best if you don't mind what spec you are!

Deleted
    As others have said, any spec is going to work and it will mostly be up to your raid setup. That being said, if adds are already going down fast enough you might as well go Sub and sit on the boss with superior single target. If you need to swap to adds, then probably Combat.