Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Norushen Heroic Spec

Got combat with heroic fist mh,
    or I can go sub with warforged 567 dag mh 561 oh dag,
    or Assass with same daggers

Just play what you want, I like combat because you can cleave off the boss and do damage to the adds which is copied to the boss anyway.

Pro tip, you can cloak death beam so it is safe to spree during it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post
    Just play what you want, I like combat because you can cleave off the boss and do damage to the adds which is copied to the boss anyway.

last time i tryed that i died.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspectsftw View Post

Or your tanks learn a little bit and tank the boss 90° to the cutter...so the backside's free for all melee to hump.

I recommend the cloak+spree. You should definitely be off global when you press it, and be sure to cloak first!

Quote Originally Posted by Nouk View Post
    Or your tanks learn a little bit and tank the boss 90° to the cutter...so the backside's free for all melee to hump.
    Killing spree ports you right under the boss, you get hit by the beam during spree.

Cloak 100% works

It's also one of the fights I find glyph of killing spree useful.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I am Assassination.

For progress I took MFD to really destroy the adds. However, now I take Anticipation to do more to boss after getting purified, but still help on the adds, and the ranged kill the adds.

Glyph of Redirect is mandatory.

Combat is probably best if you have a weapon and AOC. Otherwise, do the above and you will be fine.

I really liked Subtlety for this fight. Good burst on the small adds, good single-target power on the boss for the burn, and less ramp-up time than the other specs.

The big focus pre-burn is getting the adds down, and while Combat is going to be good SUSTAINED cleave, it's not good when everyone is focusing on the adds. I'd say go Combat, but my caveat would be that only a couple people were doing adds (which isn't wise to do anyways).
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

If you are getting purified first and you do actually need to hit adds, combat imo. If you are purified and are switching to the adds as assassination or sub to get them down, its a waste since there are people who aren't purified who will get more dps hitting adds (which also damages the boss) where as BF'ing on an add or two is as or more effecient as non purified people hitting them.

Even if thats not the case, probably still combat for cleave especially since the weapons in question are a normal wf dagger versus a heroic fist. Even if the adds are killed quickly because the raid is focusing them, you still want to stand between them and the boss and will get cleave time. Speaking of, be careful with sub if you are needed to stand between adds and the boss as you can spend a lot of time not at his back.

As a disclaimer, I do 25m and the OP's raid size wasn't mentioned. This is a pretty important difference because we get roughly 3x as many adds with multiple sets spawning simultaneously.

raped him twice as assassination
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    If you are getting purified first and you do actually need to hit adds, combat imo. If you are purified and are switching to the adds as assassination or sub to get them down, its a waste since there are people who aren't purified who will get more dps hitting adds (which also damages the boss) where as BF'ing on an add or two is as or more effecient as non purified people hitting them.

Even if thats not the case, probably still combat for cleave especially since the weapons in question are a normal wf dagger versus a heroic fist. Even if the adds are killed quickly because the raid is focusing them, you still want to stand between them and the boss and will get cleave time. Speaking of, be careful with sub if you are needed to stand between adds and the boss as you can spend a lot of time not at his back.

As a disclaimer, I do 25m and the OP's raid size wasn't mentioned. This is a pretty important difference because we get roughly 3x as many adds with multiple sets spawning simultaneously.
    If youre getting purified first you should never switch to the adds, its a raidwide DPS loss to have purified ppl focusing adds, cleaving is OK but dont ever switch to adds when you were the first to get purified (unless its that time in the fight when too many ppl are purified already and you gona have to have someone purified killing adds or they simply wont die).

Im going combat 24/7 on SoG, 10/14 heroic so far and having awesome results in every fight, but in all fairness all 3 rogue specs are totaly viable and competitive on this tier, I think its the first time Bliz has ever pulled that off, having a pure DPS class with 3 totaly viable specs.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-10-25 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Im going combat 24/7 on SoG, 10/14 heroic so far and having awesome results in every fight, but in all fairness all 3 rogue specs are totaly viable and competitive on this tier, I think its the first time Bliz has every pulled that off, having a pure DPS class with 3 totaly viable specs.
    The difference between specs (~9%) has been at this level quite a few times in the past, this just seems to be one of the first times people don't care as much or aren't aware of the gap. I think this is a good thing, unless you're bleeding edge, enjoy the game - you can always maximise the spec you enjoy.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2013-10-24 at 11:25 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    The difference between specs (~9%) has been at this level quite a few times in the past, this just seems to be one of the first times people don't care as much or aren't aware of the gap. I think this is a good thing, unless you're bleeding edge, enjoy the game - you can always maximise the spec you enjoy.
    Just curious which spec are you saying is 9% over which other one? And how far off is the one in the middle?

If youre getting purified first you should never switch to the adds, its a raidwide DPS loss to have purified ppl focusing adds, cleaving is OK but dont ever switch to adds when you were the first to get purified (unless its that time in the fight when too many ppl are purified already and you gona have to have someone purified killing adds or they simply wont die).
    Thats pretty much exactly what I said...

well i can just speak from our raid group but the rogues got purified first and NEVER even touched any adds after being purified just tunneling the boss nets the best dps we have like 5 multi dot classes who just rape the small add's and other range dps if needed otherwise melee's should be purified first since switching targets as a melee is quite pain so yeah this is how we did it in 25m hc

setup was 2 tanks 5 heals rest dps
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    You just pulled this 9% out of your behind dude, the specs are so equaly viable we had all 3 rogue specs very evenly represented on the first 10 garrosh heroic kills, if the first 10 kills arent bleeding edge I dont know what is. Rogues are pretty much playing what they want/what they have the best weapons for and having awesome results all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    What we did on our first kill to squeese in some extra DPS was sending 2 DPS and a disc priest down right off the bat, this make things a little harder on the opening minute but you gain a tom of DPS on boss. But were 10 man so Im not sure whatd be the equivalent to sending 3 ppl down at once on 25, I dont know how many go at once normaly.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2013-10-26 at 06:27 AM.

What we did on our first kill to squeese in some extra DPS was sending 2 DPS and a disc priest down right off the bat, this make things a little harder on the opening minute but you gain a tom of DPS on boss. But were 10 man so Im not sure whatd be the wquivalent to sending 3 ppl down at once on 25, I dont know how many go at once normaly.
    Yeah that would be 6 dps on 25m assuming you took 6 to your 10m which allows you to get 1/3 of your dps purified at once and gives you a really good head start. This is fine on 10m as it is still only 2 big adds at a time, but not a good idea on 25m. We do 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 dps at the start and then alternate 3-4-3 pattern for sending dps down.

Since you hit enrage twice with basically the raid up, the main ways you can potentially be screwing your raid out of dps is not sending people down fast enough (too fast is bad though cause you will just lose people) and using inefficient damage on the adds. Glancing at logs, you have a big issue with the former. Looks like on your enrage pulls you were only sending 12 dps down the whole time which is a really, really dumb plan. Looks like you upped that but even on your 5:30 pull, you only had 16 get it. Not only do you really want all of your dps to get purified, but you want them all purified by 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    Yeah that would be 6 dps on 25m assuming you took 6 to your 10m which allows you to get 1/3 of your dps purified at once and gives you a really good head start. This is fine on 10m as it is still only 2 big adds at a time, but not a good idea on 25m. We do 1 tank, 1 healer, 3 dps at the start and then alternate 3-4-3 pattern for sending dps down.

Since you hit enrage twice with basically the raid up, the main ways you can potentially be screwing your raid out of dps is not sending people down fast enough (too fast is bad though cause you will just lose people) and using inefficient damage on the adds. Glancing at logs, you have a big issue with the former. Looks like on your enrage pulls you were only sending 12 dps down the whole time which is a really, really dumb plan. Looks like you upped that but even on your 5:30 pull, you only had 16 get it. Not only do you really want all of your dps to get purified, but you want them all purified by 50%.
    Ya we were looking at going in groups of 5/5/5

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Ya we were looking at going in groups of 5/5/5
    Certainly doable, but I would say needlessly risky. That is going to be a pretty huge amount of raid damage between the pulses (which stuns will help with) and the little adds shooting fireballs you need to soak. Based on what your dps looked like, I see no reason you can't do it with groups of 4. I bet you would easily be able to make it with 3-4-3-4-3 which is what we use. I think going straight to all 5s is probably going from one extreme to the other. I know guilds have used all 5s so its viable, but I think that was probably more of the risk being worth it to make up for their gear level and at 560+, I don't think its worth it.