Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    As level 30 characters and higher on preferred status accounts are unaffected, then I won't freak out over this. If all my characters were forced to be renamed (I;m not currently playing SWTOR, but may go back in the future to check out any major xpacs) I would fully give up on SWTOR, xpacs or no.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I gotta say this is damn fine idea. I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Only people who would have an issue with this are people who have no interest in playing SWTOR ever again whether these people realize this or not.

If you don't want your names to go away you can just log on or level your toon to 30. If a person cannot even be bothered to do even that then it is questionable whether that person is going to be coming back at all.

People who complain about this new policy should be stacked up right up against the same people who choose to keep their sub just so they can continue to complain on the official forums.

Ugh i am actually really annoyed with it at the moment my lvl 49 too had its name reset and now my original name is also taken

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowtam93 View Post
    Ugh i am actually really annoyed with it at the moment my lvl 49 too had its name reset and now my original name is also taken
    When was the last time you logged on?

10+ Year Old Account
    whats stopping you from deleting the character and then using the exact same name as before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I wish more games would do this, because there are a lot of people who get shafted out of names because someone made a level character that they never logged into and haven't even had an active account for a year.
    I have level 1's the last time WoW opened new servers, i was planning on leveling when they make BoA's collectable/account wide.

All of my SWTOR toons were marked for rename, that's a shame. But it'll at least give me a chance to rebuild their Legacy a little bit. If I stick around for any length of time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    Only people who would have an issue with this are people who have no interest in playing SWTOR ever again whether these people realize this or not.
    Yeah, I'm annoyed but only a little bit. I think it is fair, since I've been away for a year and only had one max level character. I logged in and Korriban and Tython both had 200+ people, that's an insane number, so I'm guessing it'll be difficult to get some of the names I like. I think all games should do this, TBH.

10+ Year Old Account
    A fun experience with this: It will lock your toon for renaming, but you can type in the same name and sometimes keep it. Also, you should try for those not-so-unique names as they might be freed up with this renewal. I was able to get one of my original names back and 2 of the names I wanted to keep, I was able to.

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    I don't see why a character over level 30 would ever get its name changed. I guess it's to lure people into playing the game to renew their name, but personally losing my character names ensures I never log into this game ever again.
    If the decision on whether you play or not is so delicate that something like a name change on a toon you haven't played in over 3 months is going to keep you from ever logging in again, then you're going to look for anything to "ensure you never log in again". I mean really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    If the decision on whether you play or not is so delicate that something like a name change on a toon you haven't played in over 3 months is going to keep you from ever logging in again, then you're going to look for anything to "ensure you never log in again". I mean really.
    Well, I was of this mindset initially, when I'd first stopped playing, i came back to a merge that left all but one character needing a rename. I was a beta/early access player, so having some names to go along with my Legacy name just was really cool to me. Losing that just... ruined things. I came back later with the F2P, but only played on 2 toons (I didn't rename the others) but the limitations were too much. I came back with 2 month sub at thanksgiving and i'm loving it like I did in Beta. I got some of my names back (with that recent rename) but I was always looking for reasons to come back (brothers or other friends wanting to play).