Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    You meant that to offend.

You state it as a fact, but I'd be on his side, not yours. The reason you don't feel like you're achieving anything in WoW is because WoW is a game. You're probably bored of it, but you don't want to admit it, and you blame every minute little change in the game for your bordem. You pressure the devs into reneging on promises to the community which in turn hurt the subscriber base and you still aren't happy with the game. I hope Blizzard stops batting an eyelash at people like you so that you quit the game and leave it to the level headed players who are still capable of having fun without taking a big steaming crap on other people.
    I wasn't taking a big streaming crap on another person, I was telling him that I disagreed with him, because IMO, his opinion is what ruins my game experience.(Not his opinion obviously, but the outcome). Do you disagree with what I said? Isn't it people who share his EXACT point of view that made blizzard take wow to a casual level? I'm tired of being thought of as some guy that wants to offend everybody just because I don't comment how amazing of a sig they have or some other tactic you use. Read it over and over and over again, it wasn't ment to offend a soul.

Back on topic: I felt like I achieved something when I got my god damn Cloud Serpent, I felt like I achieved something when I completed all the 5.3 LFRs on my hunter. Right now, I don't feel like achieving anything.. There's no big thing for me to do at maxlevel it feels like, and levelling is fun(loomless pewpew), but again - there is no reward at the end of the journey.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarnius View Post
    I wasn't taking a big streaming crap on another person, I was telling him that I disagreed with him, because IMO, his opinion is what ruins my game experience.(Not his opinion obviously, but the outcome). Do you disagree with what I said? Isn't it people who share his EXACT point of view that made blizzard take wow to a casual level? I'm tired of being thought of as some guy that wants to offend everybody just because I don't comment how amazing of a sig they have or some other tactic you use. Read it over and over and over again, it wasn't ment to offend a soul.

Back on topic: I felt like I achieved something when I got my god damn Cloud Serpent, I felt like I achieved something when I completed all the 5.3 LFRs on my hunter. Right now, I don't feel like achieving anything.. There's no big thing for me to do at maxlevel it feels like, and levelling is fun(loomless pewpew), but again - there is no reward at the end of the journey.

Talks about people wanting a video game to be rewarding as the reason for ruining WoW, then comments that he has accomplished something by earning a cloud serpent (took me 1 hour of egg farming) and doing LFR and now there's nothing left to achieve.

Anyone else scratching their head right now?
    BAD WOLF

Unless you're part of the "World First" race there's nothing "hardcore" about playing WoW. In fact the more you play WoW, outside of the World First race, the less time you have for things that actually matter in life.

But when you say "no offense" and then proceed to blame somebody for something that is completely out of their hands, it's laughable at best.

It would be akin to me saying "No offense, but you're the reason children are starving in China. The Chinese food authorities are catering to the hardcores, to return a sense of achievement to eating in China. "

The majority of gamers are casual gamers. Nobody wants to be married to the games they play. Well, nobody reasonable wants to be married to the games they play.

If Blizzard were to alienate all the hardcore gamers while simultaneously melting the hearts of all the casual gamers that would be a good business decision. Because frankly if they were to amputate the hardcores, they'd amputate all the "hard cores" along with them (I.e. players who think they are the bees knees but all they do is sit around and complain about how the game is too easy, even though all they do is stand around and troll trade chat and don't actually play the game outside of levelling their toon and then playing the auction house)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post

Talks about people wanting a video game to be rewarding as the reason for ruining WoW, then comments that he has accomplished something by earning a cloud serpent (took me 1 hour of egg farming) and doing LFR and now there's nothing left to achieve.

I guess I should feel accomplished because I completed 5.3 LFR on 15 90s?

10+ Year Old Account

Talks about people wanting a video game to be rewarding as the reason for ruining WoW, then comments that he has accomplished something by earning a cloud serpent (took me 1 hour of egg farming) and doing LFR.

The point was that I had fun, I didn't feel like achieving anything the way you look at it, I didn't wake up the day later feeling like a complete person, but I actually enjoyed doing it, and I was glad I did it. I haven't had that feeling with anything else in WoW lately, other than levelling, but once you get to the end of the line, it was all for nothing. Temporare(wut) fun is what an MMO is, but this temporare(wut) is bad. The cloud serpent part was just to show how easy it was for me to enjoy the game, yet instead this game is now, all about giving us everything we need for PvP/PvE, and then doing it. Some people like achievementfarming/AHflipping and then spending the money on nothing, but I'm not that guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point was that I had fun, I didn't feel like achieving anything the way you look at it, I didn't wake up the day later feeling like a complete person, but I actually enjoyed doing it, and I was glad I did it. I haven't had that feeling with anything else in WoW lately, other than levelling, but once you get to the end of the line, it was all for nothing. Temporare(wut) fun is what an MMO is, but this temporare(wut) is bad. The cloud serpent part was just to show how easy it was for me to enjoy the game, yet instead this game is now, all about giving us everything we need for PvP/PvE, and then doing it. Some people like achievementfarming/AHflipping and then spending the money on nothing, but I'm not that guy.
    Sorry, but it sounds to me like you criticized someone's opinion as a direct cause for Blizzard making the game worse, which I can only assume means you feel it is 'dumbed or watered down' yet you go on to say your grand accomplishments are doing some of the most accessible and easy content the game has to offer.

Now you're saying your point is that the wealth of other content in the game doesn't appeal to you and somehow it is Blizzard's fault, yet you likely haven't done 90% of it. Did you max any reps? Complete the story chains associated with them over each patch? Have you made progress on your legendary? Did you do anything with your farm? Pet battles? Brawler's guild? Proving grounds?

Like...did you even play the game at all?
    BAD WOLF

So you're admitting that there's plenty to do in WoW, but you aren't having fun right now, essentially confirming my point that YOU are bored of WoW but you're just not willing to admit to it. That maybe absolutely nothing is fundamentally wrong with WoW right now, but you're just bored.

And this is what's wrong with the game. People need to stop mistaking getting bored of something for being fundamentally dissatisfied with something. Because if you're bored of it, it doesn't matter what they do to the game, you're still going to be bored of it. The only way to fix bordem is to quit the game for a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    No they shouldn't, and they wont.
    Simple as that, now get over this "issue" and/or stop using your flying mount if it's such a big deal to you.

How about no?

God, it's plain to see why some people aren't part of their developer team...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Unless you're part of the "World First" race there's nothing "hardcore" about playing WoW. In fact the more you play WoW, outside of the World First race, the less time you have for things that actually matter in life.

But when you say "no offense" and then proceed to blame somebody for something that is completely out of their hands, it's laughable at best.

It would be akin to me saying "No offense, but you're the reason children are starving in China. The Chinese food authorities are catering to the hardcores, to return a sense of achievement to eating in China. "

The majority of gamers are casual gamers. Nobody wants to be married to the games they play. Well, nobody reasonable wants to be married to the games they play.

If Blizzard were to alienate all the hardcore gamers while simultaneously melting the hearts of all the casual gamers that would be a good business decision. Because frankly if they were to amputate the hardcores, they'd amputate all the "hard cores" along with them (I.e. players who think they are the bees knees but all they do is sit around and complain about how the game is too easy, even though all they do is stand around and troll trade chat and don't actually play the game outside of levelling their toon and then playing the auction house)
    I wasn't blaming him for it? If I had said "No offense, but you're the exact kind of person that made wow go casual, and I disagree with that" would that have been better? God damn, you guys are TRYING to fuck me over. And to Marema: No, that was not my point either. My hunter was my first LFR character, I felt a little spark of fun when I finished the LFRs.

Oh, and about my casual level comment, I ment that, I am not a hardcore player, never was, but I preferrerd logging on - working towards a goal - logging off. Right now the people went from casual to lazy(well, it's a game, I know you'll comment this so just skip it), and they want to jump to endgame, and whenever they log on their goal is clearing bosses after queueing up in SW, logging off. That's not my idea of fun, and I didn't come here to knock anyone down, I came here to express my opinion, and right now you're not doing the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, but it sounds to me like you criticized someone's opinion as a direct cause for Blizzard making the game worse, which I can only assume means you feel it is 'dumbed or watered down' yet you go on to say your grand accomplishments are doing some of the most accessible and easy content the game has to offer.

Now you're saying your point is that the wealth of other content in the game doesn't appeal to you and somehow it is Blizzard's fault, yet you likely haven't done 90% of it. Did you max any reps? Complete the story chains associated with them over each patch? Have you made progress on your legendary? Did you do anything with your farm? Pet battles? Brawler's guild? Proving grounds?

Like...did you even play the game at all?
    Pet battles: Check
    Brawler's Guild: check
    Proving grounds: I played LoL mostly when it came out, still haven't done it.

I didn't come here to say how I was fucking grand. I shared my first opinion, people could look at it, move on, didn't expect responses.
    The only WoW I've played in weeks is levelling my current level 41 shaman, so no, I wasn't basing my statement off my high end experiences in this expansion, but the overall raid quality of this expansion were below my expectations, I didn't enjoy PvP at all in this expansion, other than RBGs. I don't do RBGs anymore because yes, I found it boring after doing the exact same BGs the previous season.

I made some progress towards legendary, but when I levelled my PvE character(Hunter) I was so far behind, I quickly noticed it was too late. I played him for about 2 weeks, had fun, got bored of the content. IMO there aren't enough grinds. Now you might go all "You haven't done all the reputation grinds!", what are the rewards? Not talking about real-life rewards, because looking at all the stuff you say it is obvious that you will comment that, but the ingame rewards. A tabard? New items? Great. Not going to finish this sentence, I have nothing to say.

We're way off-topic(all of us, all you do is comment the shit I'm saying, very offtopic), so let's stop. No, not because I got owned in an argument, but because it looks silly. Might look sillier looking at my posts, but you guys are doing the same thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's refresh your memory:
    Tbh you're exactly the kind of person(no offense) who made blizzard turn this game on its' head. Atm I don't feel I'm achieveing ANYTHING no matter what I do.
    You don't do anything. It's no wonder you feel like you aren't achieving anything. You've stated a Cloud Serpent and LFR as your only accomplishments in MoP.
    I wish they would actually give us some harder quests, some tougher zones(and darker!), so that for once we could actually feel like we're achieving something in this game.
    Did you do any of the zones? Try going to the new Isle if you want a challenge in the open world. Do Brawler's Guild. Raiding is where the difficulty in terms of skill usually comes from. Otherwise, this game has ALWAYS presented challenge in the form of a time commitment.
    Oh, and about my casual level comment, I ment that, I am not a hardcore player, never was, but I preferrerd logging on - working towards a goal - logging off. Right now the people went from casual to lazy(well, it's a game, I know you'll comment this so just skip it), and they want to jump to endgame, and whenever they log on their goal is clearing bosses after queueing up in SW, logging off. That's not my idea of fun, and I didn't come here to knock anyone down, I came here to express my opinion, and right now you're not doing the same.
    Now back to this. You aren't expressing an opinion. You're judging people for being casual and lazy, but you CBA to go do anything int he game yourself. You make a lot of claims (that aren't true) and then openly admit you don't do anything and feel like you aren't achieving anything.

You clearly don't like the game. Go do something else. It's probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard when someone says they don't like something and then admit they've never tried it. "There's nothing exciting in life and I don't feel like anything is worthwhile anymore. Life has such a bad design" Have you tried skydiving bob? Have you traveled the world? "No, I've just sat in my bedroom staring at my wall, but the world is so boring".

Edit:

So now you say you've done 'some' stuff, but not finished it. Clearly you don't enjoy the game because your earlier complaints don't match up with your experience. Stop playing. You're blaming the game for your own boredom, when there are things that satisfy your complaints and you just don't want to do them.

It's really, really, really ok if you feel that way, but it's not a flaw in the game. You just need a break.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's refresh your memory:

You don't do anything. It's no wonder you feel like you aren't achieving anything. You've stated a Cloud Serpent and LFR as your only accomplishments in MoP.

Did you do any of the zones? Try going to the new Isle if you want a challenge in the open world. Do Brawler's Guild. Raiding is where the difficulty in terms of skill usually comes from. Otherwise, this game has ALWAYS presented challenge in the form of a time commitment.

Now back to this. You aren't expressing an opinion. You're judging people for being casual and lazy, but you CBA to go do anything int he game yourself. You make a lot of claims (that aren't true) and then openly admit you don't do anything and feel like you aren't achieving anything.

You clearly don't like the game. Go do something else. It's probably the most ridiculous thing I've heard when someone says they don't like something and then admit they've never tried it. "There's nothing exciting in life and I don't feel like anything is worthwhile anymore. Life has such a bad design" Have you tried skydiving bob? Have you traveled the world? "No, I've just sat in my bedroom staring at my wall, but the world is so boring".

Edit:

So now you say you've done 'some' stuff, but not finished it. Clearly you don't enjoy the game because your earlier complaints don't match up with your experience. Stop playing. You're blaming the game for your own boredom, when there are things that satisfy your complaints and you just don't want to do them.

It's really, really, really ok if you feel that way, but it's not a flaw in the game. You just need a break.
    What did I say I had never experienced? I tried farming reps, I tried brawler's guild, I tried raids, I tried LFR, I tried pet battles, what are you on about now?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Those are actually good ideas.

Some people say "If you don't want flying mounts - don't use them." It's not that simple. Give me a ground mount that increases speed by 280% (even if the riding animation would look silly) because right now I'm forced to use flying mounts to get everywhere faster.
    You clearly don't know what "forced" means lol, You're not forced to get on a flying mount to get places faster, You're just impatient, there is a very, very big difference.

Ok, i really like what Blizz did in WOTLK about flying.
    You can purchase a regular speed flying ability, but, as achiv reward or any kind of other things you can obtain by playing only, you can have a bonus reward and an upgrade of your flying speed.

I put an out a very easy example:
    Completing Orgrimmar achievements you ll get the worst looking mount blizzard had ever create on game. Change that rubbish (yeah that' s rubbish) into a 400% Flying speed upgrade and of course don t do this account wide.

Keeping away flying in the new zone (or world for example one of the legion worlds) will just keep most of the people away from the game at all.

i don t look at this as a smart business decision at all

This is my point of view.

Off topic: change your design of players tiers and all the trasmos. i think tou should really look at getting some true SWAG in your new tiers. this is just an humble point of wiew, but i did'nt see in pandaria a true nice set to put on. and, of course, i m really tired of looking around all the priest on my server dressed T5 or T6 this is so boring

10+ Year Old Account
    What did I say I had never experienced? I tried farming reps, I tried brawler's guild, I tried raids, I tried LFR, I tried pet battles, what are you on about now?
    It helps if you read entire posts before quoting it and responding. In this case, you can just read the edit which was updated after seeing your post.
    BAD WOLF

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Ok, i really like what Blizz did in WOTLK about flying.
    You can purchase a regular speed flying ability, but, as achiv reward or any kind of other things you can obtain by playing only, you can have a bonus reward and an upgrade of your flying speed.
    That wasn't something they made in Wrath, that was a TBC design

10+ Year Old Account
    i think they should need to be earned through some other means. like a quest chain or something...
    i like how they made it in wrath where you had to do a heroic raid meta to get a 310% mount, it felt special when we got it, and now everyone can just spend gold to become as fast? kinda dumb
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    I'm tired of paying for flying again and again and again.
    Not being able to fly in MoP until 90 and paying big bugs was a nuisance.
    For those who want to explore the map by feet or on a horse please be my guest.
    Just don't force us to to do the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's say, there will be a lot of factions in the next expansion (just like in MoP). To raise your reputation with those factions of course you would have to do dailies or events (like in BF: Barrens or Timeless Isle). But those activities would also provide something like timeless coins. And to learn flying in the continent that will be added in the next expansion, you would have to pay a lot of those timeless coins. I mean really... A LOT. A grind would take maybe around few months but then you would again feel that you've achieved something - after all this hard work, now you can fly on your mount on the new continent.
    Yeah, because people loved the whole daily quest grind in MoP so lets make an other in the next expansion. People will love that! Or not. The two things most people hated about MoP was the fact that you were forced to do a lot of dailys and that MoP is so alt unfriendly. You think the best option would be to make the next expansion even more alt unfriendly? really?

First of all, I personally love flying mounts in WoW but I think flying at max level is too easily obtainable. Do you remember days back in TBC? You had do farm your gold FOR MONTHS to learn flying (EDIT: I meant 280% speed flying) and to buy your first mount. And yeah, when you've finally bought it, you felt like you achieved something big.
    That ship has sailed. You can *never* buy your first mount again. Any mount you get, no matter how expensive, will not recapture that feeling of accomplishment. Increasing the price will only add to the grindy feel that so many people hated about 5.0. There is nothing epic about grinding gold. There is no accomplishment. Now, an epic quest chain? I would be more amenable to that suggestion.