Deleted

Legendary meta/berserking/Dark Soul question

Hi,
    i would be super happy if you can help me with this

I don't seem to find this anywhere.. Problem is next.. Is it worth bother to get together Dark Soul and Meta gem in middle of fight as Aff.. Or just pop my Dark Soul when is ready and good time to use it and just refresh dots with meta after proc if dots are stronger of course.. And this goes for Berserking to.. Well if my Dark Soul comes off coldown in range of 25sec plus/minus when my berserking come off cooldown to, so i just wait those seconds to use it together.. I am not sure if this waiting to get those two together is dps boost compered to if i use Dark Soul and then Berserking when it comes off cooldown (Dark Soul isnt up anymore)..

Would be very grateful for your answer's,
    Thankss!!

Without AD:
    -You can't really time meta gem, and waiting is a bad idea, so no to that.
    -Your berserking and darksoul will be in sync every 3rd DS, and waiting the minute to sync early won't gain you anything, since most fights on heroic will go right up to the 7min mark anyway. Better to sync at the 6min by using it on cooldown, and pot at the same time for the execute.

With AD:
    -sitting on darksoul waiting for a meta proc is exactly what you should be doing, right up till you are about to reach two charges - at which point, you just blow your first charge, and keep waiting for that meta proc. Swear at ghostcrawler a bit while you wait, it helps.
    -Along with this, you can consider holding off on berserk - as long as you will still get the same amount of casts off in the fight - ie, 0min, 3min, 6min in a 7min enrage is three usages.
    eg, with AD, I can wait from 3min right up till 3min50sec for a proc, and I won't lose uptime, assuming I expect the kill to be right on enrage (most of my first kills involving dps races have been about that).
    If I run out of 'safe' time, I blow it, and no harm done - but it is rare to have no trinket/meta procs for over 50sec straight.

hth
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-10-24 at 04:30 AM.

Don't completely dismiss the idea of waiting to cast Dark Soul without AD. If you know how long the fight is going to last you can predict the maximum number of Dark Souls you can cast, and with that knowledge you can figure out how long its safe to wait when the cooldown comes back up.

So, for example, working on H Malkorok tonight with a flat 6 minute enrage you can get 3 Dark Souls without using AD. This means I can wait to cast that second dark soul for a more opportune time than immediately when it comes off cool down. Plus, I want to do my 3rd and final DS during execute anyways, so it'll all end up working out.

Deleted
    Ehm all this DS offcooldown/timing dependant on the length of the fight is kinda... wow guys..

Obviously he has 2 trinkets, line your DS/Berserkering up with trinket procs ALWAYS. a DS alone is kinda wasted unless uve been so unlucky with procs that youre gonna lose a DS in the end of the fight which is very unlikely.

Use DS when you get trinket procs.

Deleted
    Assuming you're using AD, I would rather wait for a huge intellect proc such as BBoY than meta gem/berserking. 10 stacks of that is far better than an additional 30% haste if you look at dot damage. The only thing the haste is better for is Corruption, since more haste will give you more Nightfall.

In any case, stacking any kind of procs/cooldowns at the same time is always good for affliction.