Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think OP severely underestimates how much time actually goes into preparation for a raiding guild.

Also, I DID raid in a heroic guild during WotLK and Cata. I worked at my job 0700 to 1800 and then came home, started prepping for raid, and ordered a pizza from Papa John's online. During boss pulls I would run to the door, pay the guy, and stuff my face. Did that routine two to three days a week for several months. Granted, that was a lot of fun and many memories were had. But that shit burns you out hard, and you FEEL like shit too. Fuck that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Can you not commit to any form of schedule, be it a small commitment or large?
    I usually come home from work after 19:00, then I like to spend time with my wife and have dinner. Around 23:00 I go to bed.

I enjoy my wife much more than WoW, so I don't want to commit to two or three raidnights per week.

In addition, structured raiding requires a considerable time-investment outside raidhours - to gather consumables, farm coins, study patch notes and guides, etc.

I raided heroic in WotLK, and a little in Cata. Great fun, but too time-consuming for me now. Flex is great, though - I can raid one night per week, make good progress, and it's difficult enough to be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    My main thing is schedule, but most of those points excluding the 4th item are my main reasons.

Deleted
    Used to heal during vanilla and TBC but stopped during LK after Ulduar simply because the healing turned into nothing but AOE spam fest and it has been the same ever since and removing things like chain potting and spell downranking made it extremely dull.

Cataclysm turned it into cheap spell spamming which literally killed any interest I had in raiding "seriously".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lando627 View Post
    I think OP severely underestimates how much time actually goes into preparation for a raiding guild.

Also, I DID raid in a heroic guild during WotLK and Cata. I worked at my job 0700 to 1800 and then came home, started prepping for raid, and ordered a pizza from Papa John's online. During boss pulls I would run to the door, pay the guy, and stuff my face. Did that routine two to three days a week for several months. Granted, that was a lot of fun and many memories were had. But that shit burns you out hard, and you FEEL like shit too. Fuck that.

No, i don't underestimate this as i am in a heroic raiding guild - This thread was to gather the consensus of why a mass of people no longer want to / feel the need to.

I work full time myself, have a relationship and a social life. Its all manageable for me personally.

I work 60 hours during the week, and not too many guilds on my server raid exclusively on the weekends.

Deleted
    i dont raid at all atm

I raid 2 raid two times per week and I love it. In a group with old friends from different guilds and we got decent progress working on malkorok hc atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Used to heal during vanilla and TBC but stopped during LK after Ulduar simply because the healing turned into nothing but AOE spam fest and it has been the same ever since and removing things like chain potting and spell downranking made it extremely dull.

Cataclysm turned it into cheap spell spamming which literally killed any interest I had in raiding "seriously".
    +1 for this. started healing in MOP as holy pala again.. wtf.. where was the single target healing gone? where is the "you holy pala, you heal the tank" or "MT healer this, holy priests and druids are raid healers etc"

basically every healer is the same, we all have absorbs, we all have aoe, we all have single target.. ? SO MUCH VARIETY... wait no..

No, i don't underestimate this as i am in a heroic raiding guild - This thread was to gather the consensus of why a mass of people no longer want to / feel the need to.

I work full time myself, have a relationship and a social life. Its all manageable for me personally.
    Cool, I guess I see no reason for me to reply then. You seem to be able to speak on behalf of the rest of the WoW players out there.

Deleted
    Might be because people need to be geared, before anyone even wants them to participate in a flex, normal or heroic raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lando627 View Post
    Cool, I guess I see no reason for me to reply then. You seem to be able to speak on behalf of the rest of the WoW players out there.
    I must be using words like "us" "all" "everyone"

I didn't use "i" or "me" at all.

cant commit to any form of schedule, be it a small commitment or large
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Not in a raiding guild and just don't have time right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I raided for 8 years. After I quit raiding in MOP I realised what a waste of time it all was. I will never ever go back to organised raiding. Being free to do what ever I want every day of the week is amazing.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    While your post is quite forward and slightly aggressive, i agree with the sentiment that there is always a way around a situation IF YOU WANT IT.
    Sure.

I just like spending time with my wife much better than I like playing WoW.

Work.

Nowadays I have a career and girlfriend to maintain. My only times for raiding realisitcally is the weekend (sometimes). It's a shame too. I like raiding!

Quote Originally Posted by Strafir View Post
    It's just as painful to read all the "I could do it if I wanted" excuses
    Yup. And I think the denial leads to another pathological behavior: people who don't optimize their characters, or try to improve, so they have an ego-saving excuse for not performing well. I think some of the gem-less, enchant-less, glyph-less wonders we see in LFR are due to this.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I have the time but my guild always forgets me. Even after I occasionally remind them that my healer is available and committed to raid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Yup. And I think the denial leads to another pathological behavior: people who don't optimize their characters, or try to improve, so they have an ego-saving excuse for not performing well. I think some of the gem-less, enchant-less, glyph-less wonders we see in LFR are due to this.
    When i come across those players they never cease to amaze me, i ask them if they know what the enchanting and gemming system is and they know, they just reply that they can't be bothered with it.

Whatever floats their boat.