Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have a few ideas:

Disposable tents with 20 charges that cost ~25g per charge when you don't want to hearth to an inn for whatever reason (say you prefer grinding for a level or two and decide to farm a rare pet as you level, things like that). They work just like an inn, so you don't take a penalty in gaining rested xp.

Ground mount speed increase of 30% for 5000g. With the increase in no-fly zones, I think this would definitely be a successful gold sink. 30% to make it attractive to paladins and death knights.

If someone has the Loremaster achievement or completed a particular zone, a vendor could open up and start selling the quest rewards for approximately 100g - 150g. The amount is high to discourage enchanters. The reason for this idea is a lot of people played before transmog was even a glimmer in Blizzard's eye and just vendored the rewards.

Learnable flight paths. How it would work is that the main character can buy Fogg's Atlas for 1,000g - 5,000g per alt in order for them to learn the flight paths, which only open to level appropriate areas as the character levels.
    Last edited by Avekosi; 2013-10-24 at 07:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotrip View Post
    You may actually be on to something with this tax thing.

Hear me out.

Imagine your faction getting tangible bonuses based on how much money it pools together. Imagine if the opposite faction can steal from the treasury if they raid your capitol city. More tax money means more, tougher guards, better looking buildings, buffs, etc. Dying will have slightly less penalties and you can get to your body faster (sort oflike universal healthcare) If less money comes in, the cities will look a bit more delapidated and in disrepair andyou'll get less bonuses. Imagine the entire faction working together to raise tax money.

Yeah it would take work to implement, but imagine all the depth it would add to the game!
    I am intrigued, please continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Lower the gold cap, problem solved. No need for more sinks for the 1%.
    I would also support this idea.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

10+ Year Old Account
    Reins of Mr. Bigglesworth

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtuse View Post
    I am intrigued, please continue.

I would also support this idea.
    I could probably make a whole thread out of this idea if you guys are intrerested

Quote Originally Posted by JustTed View Post
    Advanced customization in barber shops/tattoo parlors (if ever implemented). I'd like to be able to make hairstyles/beards/etc. (for a price), dye my hair in multiple colors and create my own tattoos/different earrings. Different hair accessories, all savable for re-use. I'd pay bank for that type of customization.
    I like this idea. With the new models coming soon™, we will probably see some of these too.

Flying vendor(repair, reforge, xmog, etc.) mount w/ extra seating, maybe a Zeppelin.

I am not the richest person in WoW, but I do usually have quite a bit on me so some of these things are only within reach when I work at it a little bit.

I bet we get a another vendor mount except this time with transmog/upgrade next expac.

I would like a lot more items on the BMAH at any one time because seeing only an Elwynn Lamb up there along with 5 Brawlers Guild passes isn't cool.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

The problem is, at this point, the disparity between a player who logs in every once and awhile just to level and do dungeons, and the kind of player who has been doing dailies since the day they were first introduced is so colossal that there is no gold sink that could possibly bring things back into balance without being extremely unfair to one side or the other.

Even introducing really expensive, exclusive things isn't really a solution, because there's no guarantee a rich player will want it any more than a poor player. All that really does is create a soft veteran reward system, something Blizzard has clearly never wanted to introduce.

Honestly, I think that's one of the reasons Blizzard has introduced so many alternate currencies for everything. It's the only way to make sure people start on a level playing field each time.

Why do we have to even have gold sinks? It hasn't done anything to the economy in the past why would it work now. A tax on your bank? are you crazy.

I could be your Gold Sink. Open trade, hand over gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold values are getting out of hand. Time for a gold squish as well.

Sell burden of eternity (or equivalent thing for next expansion) for gold.

Hey...you know what...let me know how much gold weighs so heavily on your shoulders, and I'll come get it if it seems worth it, ok?

<The rich> title

950k.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to spend all my gold on unlockable Heroic-Heroic dungeons. In before HH dungeons are nerfed and HHH mode introduced.

On-Topic: I don't want to spend anymore tootsie rolls on mounts. They should extend Void Storage or provide more bank slots to open up, or even introduce a mannequin to place our gear on!
    Last edited by Polybius; 2013-10-25 at 12:28 AM.

How about an instance (dungeon) controlled by goblins. Each server has to pay them 1 000 000 000 000 gold to open the instance up and then you can fight the goblin toys inside...

10+ Year Old Account
    Edinburgh, Scotland. You know, that place with the castle.
    Hm, possibly pay an absolute shit-load for the privilege to be able to transmog legendaries?

Seeing as the people who have dedicated loads of time to gathering legendaries are probably quite likely to have a decent amount of gold too.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    <The rich> title

950k.
    If they put something a title like that, I want to see the screen shot of that guy Chat log, how wisp ¨Can you spare 10g for me¨

None. I struggle enough to keep up with gold for gems and enchants each season already. No reason to give people more incentive to play stock broker on the auction house and ruin prices for everyone else.

Buy preferential queue treatment (for LFR and BGs) with gold.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"