Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What kind of Gold Sinks would you like next expansion?

I was thinking with the rate of infation yet again, we need some new creative Gold Sinks.

BMAH was good in theory. But not quite as effective as I would have liked.

Maybe gold only mounts that all cost an arm and a leg.

Making crafting recipies more expensive, or maybe be able to buy all the old recipes for a premium.

Maybe something like the farm but an apartment, and you can buy furniture and stuff(this is silly).

also

Deleted
    Wait you can buy farms?! since when!?

Quote Originally Posted by leewillzy View Post
    Well I don't think you technically buy it(I dont remember really). But it does become yours as of 5.3 I think. I think i should have cost 5k or something.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leewillzy View Post
    I think it's very obvious he means you could buy an apartment, that like the farm, is instanced to yourself, No where did he say "you buy a farm"

10+ Year Old Account
    makes me wonder how effective black market is.
    isn't the black market supposed to be a gold sink? is it working? i have never used it, but can't since i am poor

if only there were a way to make richer players pay more in a way that does not hurt players with no gold

i suggest a progressive bank tax, you have to pay small fee per month for every 10,000 gold your chracters have and for each 10,000 gold more you have the fee is a higher percentage. Then they can use that taxed gold to help undergeared players buy epics!

now THAT would be a welfare system!

(/satire, maybe)

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Advanced customization in barber shops/tattoo parlors (if ever implemented). I'd like to be able to make hairstyles/beards/etc. (for a price), dye my hair in multiple colors and create my own tattoos/different earrings. Different hair accessories, all savable for re-use. I'd pay bank for that type of customization.
    This passion is a plagiarism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Increase the frequency at which mounts like Invincible and Mimiron's Head appear on the BMAH and add more mounts like the Zulian Tiger. I'll be broke at the speed of light.

Expensive random pet/mount bags. Like the ones that tanks and healers get from queues, for lots of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I was thinking with the rate of infation yet again, we need some new creative Gold Sinks.

BMAH was good in theory. But not quite as effective as I would have liked.

Maybe gold only mounts that all cost an arm and a leg.

Making crafting recipies more expensive, or maybe be able to buy all the old recipes for a premium.

Maybe something like the farm but an apartment, and you can buy furniture and stuff(this is silly).
    Hey! thanks for making this thread ^^, this is one of my favorite subjects to discuss with my guildies on stormy nights!

to begin, BMAH was quite the sucess in my opinion, Items you normally cant get, goes for great amounts of gold. the only problem is that too often you get a no-item day or two, where there's only brawler invites & A useless pet or something, they should change it to be a 100% chance to have at least 1 epic item.

Gold mounts - the Travellers yak was great this expansion, 100k is a lot of money for many players (just because you're sitting on goldcap, doesn't mean all and everyone are)
    Hoping that blizzard continues this trend and gives us a new one for 200k or something next xpac (maybe with a transmoggifier sitting on it?)

Crafting mounts, the Jeweled onyx panther & Engineering mounts this xpac is another great example of blizz making goldsinks more "aviable". However i think that they should remove some of the player gotten materials and introduce more materials from NPCS, to make the goldsink more affective.

For your farm idea, i -hope- and would love if blizzard let us uppgrade our sunsong ranch, or move the ranch to whatever new continent we conveniently discover for the coming Xpac. For a set amount of gold ofcourse, maybe 10k per 4 slots or something like that ^^,

lastly and most importantly. The legendary item this time around required us to gather some trillium, Would love to see blizz implement a higher cost for future legendaries. That way they'd limit the legendary to the mains of players, instead of all your alts and then some, while still keeping it a reward you want to work against.

just my thoughts anyway.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

I would like a vendor that sells legendary recolored transmog skins, for high prices. Say, 90k per glaive or what not.

That or paying a fee to 'unlock' obtained legendaries for transmog purposes.

While I'm at it, also add the ability to transmog trinket proc effects (like the agi trinket off ragnaros). I think that would be pretty cool.
    Last edited by NoRest4Wicked; 2013-10-24 at 03:37 PM.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

10+ Year Old Account
    None, because I'm too poor to afford any gold sinks except Mechano-hog and Sandstone Drake, where I got the latter for free from winning a contest :P

Dyeable gear options or design your own gear for transmog purposes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    Dyeable gear options or design your own gear for transmog purposes
    Ooo, I like this idea!
    This passion is a plagiarism.

Deleted
    Treasure maps?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe an exclusive 1 mil gold title called "Look at me, I'm a rich snowflake".

I would like a deathray item to use on old raid bosses just to make farming easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Maybe an exclusive 1 mil gold title called "Look at me, I was a rich snowflake".
    Better this way?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like more useful things such as the Yak mount. Portable itemupgrades or portable transmog would be wonderful. Or a portable bank... Oh my goodness, I would kill for a portable auction house!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
    Maybe an exclusive 1 mil gold title called "Look at me, I'm a rich snowflake".
    Gold cap is 999 999 though o.O Nobody could ever afford it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Gold isn't hard to make, so no matter what is added to make it go away, it will always just keep coming. I have 11 toons, and have made almost 2 mil gold this expansion, and that is from just throwing 10 or so things on the AH each day.

Make your own title for an amount of gold ... sound fun
    Mounts arer always a good option for gold sink.

I never had a tough about gold sink, since the AH is full of mount and pet.
    But
    Recoloring stuff sounds cool
    Some vanity pattern to craft xmog armor or weapon.
    Bring back 3 gems slots items maybe ?
    Black market auction house, never care most of the time useless item , waste of game ressource totally. on sale, tier 3 bracer , really ?

Deleted
    Gold sinks are stupid and don't work. People who usually use the gold sink options could do it times 50 because they have so much money spending 1 mill each month wouldn't even bring them close to being poor.

Kindoff like in real life, rich people who are so rich they can't go poor...even if they tried.