Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    That could be true, but the joy of different server types is the "if you don't like it, leave" answer.

For example, this is why world pvp works the way it does... and if there weren't seperate pvp / pve servers, you can be certain that capacity ganking would have been altered by now. But it doesn't need to be (on paper at least), because folks who dislike it can be on a server where it is absolutely avoidable. And the folks who do like it can also be satisfied. Both sides should be satisfied with this.

While there might be a downside to server splits in regard to overall server populations, I'd argue that the cross realm / coalescence that is happening now is a VERY long time coming. Even when this game was at its peak, there were many low-pop servers.
    I agree with your first point up top (on my phone so not going to bother bolding it), however, the same is said constantly about HM/LFR and people still find reasons to complain about it.

I just wish they would revert back to how their old gearing up style used to be where 10 mans were where you went to gear up for 25 mans.

I never liked the idea of them sharing raid lockouts from the moment I first heard they were thinking of doing it.

Deleted
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I don't tend to read all the dribble posts about LFR and the pros and cons, it's there, you're not going to get rid of it because you think it's too easy or pointless or whatever reason you think it should be removed or why it oh so fantastic.
    They've spent alot of resources on getting the whole LFR system up and running, they tune every encounter and retuned the LFR standards to fit the "casual gamer" which is what roughly 99,99% of the WoW community (or active subscriptions) are. (yes I also do count the guilds that end up clearing the content the very last week on heroic as casual here)

Flex is a nice new addition, and when you look to one of Blizzards other games, Diablo III. They saw people wanted more of a challenge so they made it you can set it yourself how hard it would be.
    Put the fact that Asia already has a "harder" version of the game next to it.
    With this in mind I wouldnt be surprise me at all if the Flex mode gets an option added of difficulty degree in which the highest difficulty is only technically possible if you execute every single encounter flawlessly.

With this in mind I'm thinking along the lines of, getting 1 tick of a debuff or ground effect being deadly nomatter how quickly it arrives, you move the millisecond it spawns or you're dead. Lose a healer > not enough healing to cover the damage. Lose a dps, enrage timer. Sounds like an actual challenge.

Put it on a scale from 1-10 orso 2-3 being what flex is now, 10 being only 2-3 guilds in the world that manage to complete an instance.

Perhaps as a bonus increase the item level by 1 for each flex "difficulty level" and as an added bonus making the "difficulty level 10" gear legendary as extra insentive.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Look at the 5 threads ongoing now for the answer. This is an option that is needed and would be popular. It wouldn't hurt you so why the concern?
    The fact that you think this wouldn't hurt anything shows that you can't see past your own nose. This would cause a multitude of issues for Blizzard, a minor inconvenience to some players that might have potential/current guildies or puggies transfer away, while only offering a temporary upside to a very select few that see themselves as above everyone else (when in fact they are not). Not to mention the toxic behavior it would enforce.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    The fact that you think this wouldn't hurt anything shows that you can't see past your own nose. This would cause a multitude of issues for Blizzard, a minor inconvenience to some players that might have potential/current guildies or puggies transfer away, while only offering a temporary upside to a very select few that see themselves as above everyone else (when in fact they are not). Not to mention the toxic behavior it would enforce.
    And so you say, like I say. I think however, this idea would be very successful.

And so you say, like I say. I think however, this idea would be very successful.
    Here's why it would NOT be successful:

First, who would be interested in the server type? The removal of LFR indicates elitists (or, more accurately, forum elitists) and the difficulty increase in 5-mans indicates those that want harder 5-mans.

Next, who would NOT be interested in the server type? Well, hardcore players, for one. Now, your average elitist is either a hardcore player, or a regular player that thinks he's really good. Hardcore players tend to be raiders. Raiders tend to rely on the auction house and community for several things -- it removes the need to farm (which increases the amount of time spent raiding) and it increases their wealth gain via providing services to the community (GDKPs, selling achievements/gear, etc). There's a reason that pretty much every hardcore raiding guild is on a highly populated server, after all.

So, right there, you cut out roughly half of the "elitist" base, simply because, well, they wouldn't be getting anything out of the deal except for a new server with an undeveloped community. That's very bad for hardcore guilds and they won't even consider it. This, alone, probably kills your chances for success of the server, but I'll continue.

Next, you have the playerbase that wants harder 5-mans... except, who are they, exactly? I mean, they already have challenge modes and are largely ignoring them, so why would they be enticed by harder 5-mans? Especially when that's pretty much the only motivation for anyone to join the server, since REMOVING OPTIONAL CONTENT (LFR) is not beneficial to anyone. This leads to the dead server problem I mentioned in my earlier post.

Alright, so, you've got some players on the server... but, oops, now they can't play with any of their friends. If you remove LFR from their server, it makes sense that they can't do LFR with BattleTag/RealID friends, right? If they have harder 5-man content, it makes sense that they can't run dungeons with off-server friends, right? And I guar-an-damn-tee you that the majority of players are not interested in the ideas you're suggesting, which means you're going to be splitting up players from their friends. The downside of this should be obvious to anyone with high enough brain function to post on this forum.

Now we're at the point where you should see that very few people would actually be interested in this idea. You have non-end-game raiders because, well, almost all end-game raiders are on servers with established communities and these servers would NOT have established or stable communities. You can pretty much count regular raiders off the list, as well, because your average raider is interested in raiding, not harder 5-mans. 5-mans have always been a bridge to raid content and once you're past it, you're past it and happy for it. So, you're left with 5-man players... but only the 5-man players that miss hard 5-mans and completely ignore challenge modes. Need I say that this is a tiny subset of players?

So, you've got a server with no raiders, no community, and a very small pool of players (who also happen to be elitist assholes). Do you really think that this would be a success?
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-10-24 at 07:18 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Here's why it would NOT be successful:

First, who would be interested in the server type? The removal of LFR indicates elitists (or, more accurately, forum elitists) and the difficulty increase in 5-mans indicates those that want harder 5-mans.

Next, who would NOT be interested in the server type? Well, hardcore players, for one. Now, your average elitist is either a hardcore player, or a regular player that thinks he's really good. Hardcore players tend to be raiders. Raiders tend to rely on the auction house and community for several things -- it removes the need to farm (which increases the amount of time spent raiding) and it increases their wealth gain via providing services to the community (GDKPs, selling achievements/gear, etc). There's a reason that pretty much every hardcore raiding guild is on a highly populated server, after all.

So, right there, you cut out roughly half of the "elitist" base, simply because, well, they wouldn't be getting anything out of the deal except for a new server with an undeveloped community. That's very bad for hardcore guilds and they won't even consider it. This, alone, probably kills your chances for success of the server, but I'll continue.

Next, you have the playerbase that wants harder 5-mans... except, who are they, exactly? I mean, they already have challenge modes and are largely ignoring them, so why would they be enticed by harder 5-mans? Especially when that's pretty much the only motivation for anyone to join the server, since REMOVING OPTIONAL CONTENT (LFR) is not beneficial to anyone. This leads to the dead server problem I mentioned in my earlier post.

Alright, so, you've got some players on the server... but, oops, now they can't play with any of their friends. If you remove LFR from their server, it makes sense that they can't do LFR with BattleTag/RealID friends, right? If they have harder 5-man content, it makes sense that they can't run dungeons with off-server friends, right? And I guar-an-damn-tee you that the majority of players are not interested in the ideas you're suggesting, which means you're going to be splitting up players from their friends. The downside of this should be obvious to anyone with high enough brain function to post on this forum.

Now we're at the point where you should see that very few people would actually be interested in this idea. You have non-end-game raiders because, well, almost all end-game raiders are on servers with established communities and these servers would NOT have established or stable communities. You can pretty much count regular raiders off the list, as well, because your average raider is interested in raiding, not harder 5-mans. 5-mans have always been a bridge to raid content and once you're past it, you're past it and happy for it. So, you're left with 5-man players... but only the 5-man players that miss hard 5-mans and completely ignore challenge modes. Need I say that this is a tiny subset of players?

So, you've got a server with no raiders, no community, and a very small pool of players (who also happen to be elitist assholes). Do you really think that this would be a success?
    Interested would be people who really dislike LFR and wanted harder 5 mans. I don't feel the need to give reasons why I want it, as you can read multiple threads on the issue. Those who would be interested are those from all levels and areas within the game. You are assuming there is no interest because of this, you are a little scared there may be a lot of interest. What is that fear based from?

I would have a server with lots of raiders and non-raiders a like, a large pool of like minded players who want this option. It would be a huge success. This would of course take some of these players away from servers that have LDRers relying on riding on their backs. That is where the negativity to this idea stems from. Casuals are really protective of their hard fought gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Always in these threads: "I suspect many others would too."

You suspect wrong, kiddo. If there was a real demand for it, Blizzard would be all over it. You've surrounded yourself with like-minded people and it's given you the false idea that your attitude is prevalent. Even the MMO-C community as a whole isn't in agreement on this, and it's a tiny fraction of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    Always in these threads: "I suspect many others would too."

You suspect wrong, kiddo. If there was a real demand for it, Blizzard would be all over it. You've surrounded yourself with like-minded people and it's given you the false idea that your attitude is prevalent. Even the MMO-C community as a whole isn't in agreement on this, and it's a tiny fraction of the playerbase.
    "If"

If my auntie had nuts she would be my uncle.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If"

If my auntie had nuts she would be my uncle.
    This is a completely pointless post - It seems you resort to posting absolute shit when your thread argument gets torn apart. We do not need this option. Use some willpower and don't run LFR, it is not part of the progression model. As has been stated, this would be offered by Blizzard if they felt it it would be popular or had any staying power at all. This has not been the case, and they actually have the data. They're running the business - the only thing you're running is your fucking mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look another LFR-hate thread! #so-original

Does LFR cause physical pain for some people?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we should let all the elite players dying to transfer to hardcore servers do it. Give it like 15 days, and then delete the accounts of anyone who transferred there.

Problem solved.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    Day 1... Cool free realm transfer for next 72 hours for anyone who wants the enhanced server.
    Day 10... Still cool, No LFR everything a challenge mode
    Day 20... Meh, I cant find a good guild that meets my schedule, I am Flexed out and because of this one special snowflake server OQ, Openraid isnt really an option , i'll hold on a bit longer
    Day 30... Crap need to cut out Mcdonalds this week so I have money to xfer back to my old server.
    QFT. Although, I don't know how many people would reroll/transfer even on Day 1.

All this discussion is moot, though. The expense would almost certainly not be worth it to Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post
    Look another LFR-hate thread! #so-original

Does LFR cause physical pain for some people?
    It broke both my legs and left me in a ditch.

Ask yourselves why you would not this server option, it really is because you fear the players you ride the backs of would choose this. You fear it would be successful and you will not turn that spotlight onto yourselves. Wonder why? That is pretty significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet, every time you create this thread or something so close as to not make any difference--three times since August by my reckoning--you get the same results. Most people don't much care for the idea and quite a bit of what you want is already there without having to create separate realms. If what you truly want is a realm with players that agree with your goals and playstyle I'd recommend getting subscribed to the game and creating as large a guild as you possibly can with people that agree with you.

If you really wish for heroics to be challenging, form a group of 3, walk or fly to one and enter with subpar gear. I still believe the best answer to the problem of dungeon difficulty is what I said earlier: create a version of challenge mode dungeons, strip out the timing element, perhaps increase the health and damage of everything by 10%-15% and reward LFR gear. That way you could gear for normals/flex without having to soil yourself by cohabiting with LFR players. In any case your problem won't be solved with a realm. It's going to be solved at the guild level.

If Blizzard thought this idea would be even moderately successful and make them some money, I'm quite sure they'd do it in a heartbeat. Apparently they don't.

And stop with the "You all fear this" stuff. This would be as easy for casual players to ignore as LFR should be for you. You would simply end up with a realm that has a lot of players on it that you wouldn't approve of and no way to get rid of them.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-10-24 at 09:29 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask yourselves why you would not this server option, it really is because you fear the players you ride the backs of would choose this. You fear it would be successful and you will not turn that spotlight onto yourselves. Wonder why? That is pretty significant.
    No, there'd be plenty of players backs I could still ride on when the elite left for your server.

Ask yourself where your fear of understanding comes from. Many people have put together well thought out, well worded and genuinely kind posts in an attempt to offer you explanations as to why this idea has no merit. Yet your ability to attempt to read, let alone understand what is being said seems like a foreign concept. Do you fear that thinking is not your strong suit and that by admitting your myopic nature you would in fact be turning the spotlight on your own ineptitude? Wonder why? Something tells me that's pretty significant.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

Sorry, but Blizzard has said time and again that they understand the VAST majority of players don't even visit online communities or speak in the forums. They are content to just log in, play, and log off when done. The percent of the population that voices their opinions online is very small. And smaller still is the percent that bitches about the existence of an optional mode they aren't required to use.

This server would be severely underpopulated because no one would care enough to use it. Just a few disgruntled players and some talking internet heads. Agree or disagree, it doesn't matter. Blizzard has said this won't happen. Guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    How about rather than your option, Blizzard offers a new server named after notable top (X) guilds of the expansion. These servers become invite only by members of the parent guild. If the guild fails to maintain it's top (X) ranking the server is renamed and populated by the players that took their place.

There is already competition for placement of guilds, this would stir the pot up even more and show a definite reward for effort.
    Why do that when they could just make a US server named Blood Legion, an EU one named Method, and finally a TW one named Stars. In the event they would lock a server to invite only, the first guilds to make the server would keep it as they would just invite other top players to cripple other guilds. It certainly wouldn't help those guilds who are below server first. If they haven't made it yet they won't even with such a feature.

There is a big divide in player philosophy, no use denying it. Many many posts here and on other MMO sites have posts discussing how bad or good LFR is. It is a prickly subject to many but many want to talk about it. it is a hot topic so to speak.

We need a new server option for players and it would bring back my business and I suspect many others. This option would be like the current options, you can join a PVP server, a PVE server and a role playing server. Why not a new option?
    Um. What problems are you trying to solve? The LFR haters wants LFR removed completely from the game. Gone. No more. Not just the server they are on. They don't want the non-raiders to play in the same playground as they are.

Harder dungeons. What for? Challenge? Isn't that what the challenge mode is for?