Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    I agree LFR is resembling a digital dinosaur with each passing patch and flex raids might've turned LFR into fossil fuel. However, you can solve the issues LFR creates by making the medium lag by one tier. So when ppl start doing SOO, the doors of LFR would open for TOT. This gives ppl the opportunity to see the raids and gear up for the current tier. And, Blizzard would be the happiest because ppl would not unsub when they complete an LFR tier, everyone wins.
    Did you see the chart on MMO-C's front page the other day that shows that upwards of 60% of all players had completed many of the MoP raids up through a final raid boss? Do you imagine for a minute that most of that was anything but LFR given historical participation rates. Flex will reduce that some but it's still likely to be far and away the most popular raid mode in the game for the foreseeable future. Blizzard would only shoot themselves in the foot by doing anything at all to make it less popular.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    Sorry, I don't understand why the LFR haters need the feature to be removed.

Just don't run LFR and, poof, it's gone (for you). Problem solved.

I don't like PvP, should I demand they remove it from the game?
    Doing PvP doesn't improve your perfomance in PvE. If it did people would do it and ask for PvP gear to be nerved...heck I think that even happened (again) this expension.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    All this would do is create a server full of elitist a-holes posting all over forums the usual QQ, no thanks.

And I do prefer a challenge, but that's going too far.

LFR is perfect for Blizzard, now everyone can see the hard work through story and art and (some) epic fights, they put into raids instead of 10% of the playerbase, do you really think they will stop that?

Half the people that moan about LFR, especially on forums, don't even do LFR it's ridiculous, don't like it, don't do it, go craft the higher ilevel epics. get your friends and do flex or normal

LFR is GOOD, it's the people that ruin it, and Blizzard can't do sweet FA about that, I would like it if they made the system check for missing gems and enchants upon queuing though, that's the only thing that actually bugs me about LFR.
    I love how the biggest noobs always call others who are average "elitist a-holes".

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Doing PvP doesn't improve your perfomance in PvE. If it did people would do it and ask for PvP gear to be nerved.
    False. Doing PvP DOES improve your performance in PvE if you aren't already doing end-game PvE. Those 522 PvP epics are equal to PvE gear as far as PvE stats go. PvP stats are 100% bonus.

Indeed, if you're just now coming back to the game, PvP is a legitimate way of gearing up for PvE -- especially when it comes to weapons.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I agree LFR is resembling a digital dinosaur with each passing patch and flex raids might've turned LFR into fossil fuel. However, you can solve the issues LFR creates by making the medium lag by one tier. So when ppl start doing SOO, the doors of LFR would open for TOT. This gives ppl the opportunity to see the raids and gear up for the current tier. And, Blizzard would be the happiest because ppl would not unsub when they complete an LFR tier, everyone wins.
    I personally think Blizzard should make LFR, Flex, Normal and Heroic share the same lock out..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I personally think Blizzard should make LFR, Flex, Normal and Heroic share the same lock out..
    Don't know about you but I enjoy running LFR with friends and family on weekends once in a while. Hard to do that if I'm locked out because of a guild run earlier in the week. I might just forego the guild run having fun with my friends and talking to family that lives 2000 miles away as that would take precedence over my guild. A lot of people enjoy pugs as well as a side thing from normal/heroic raiding. You're good with demolishing that too?

How is this actually good for the game? How does this not eventually do more to hurt raiding than benefiting it? What precisely are the benefits to additional gating to different raid difficulties?
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Why? I seriously don't understand why people keep suggesting this.

I raid with my guild. If, however, any of my friends still played, I'd want to raid with them as well. With one lockout, I wouldn't be able to do both. That wouldn't be fun.

So, what, you want people to not be able to play with their friends? Their guilds? You want them to have to choose? You want them to have less fun? You want LFR to be even more brutal for those that choose to run it by removing half of the players from the pool?

People keep coming to these forums and making suggestions that make the game worse and they don't even realize it because they don't consider the implications of their suggestions. That needs to stop.

You know what? I'm going to admit that this actually wasn't a bad idea back in 5.2 and 5.3, when people actually felt like they had to run LFR to supplement their loot... but that's changed in 5.4. Those capable of running normals are more than capable of running Flex, which has resulted in barely any of those people running LFR anymore. No one, aside from LFR-only players, needs to run LFR anymore.

LFR gear pales in comparison to Flex and Normal, so barely any of those players are running LFR anymore. There is no longer any reason to suggest that they share a lockout because no one feels forced to run it anymore and that was always the only reason for the suggestion.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-10-25 at 05:47 PM.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

The server would be dead because no one is going to pay 25 bucks to xfer to the same thing they have at their current server except flex drops shittier gear and absence of LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    In short...you didn't reeeaaalllllyyyy think this through - hell you don't even know if Method or Paragon would go there, maybe they hate hard 5 mans, maybe it is a waste of time to them and they rather raid as fast as possible....
    Stop being so silly, of course those guilds wouldn't move. They rely on a stable server to get their raiding material and in some patches, even gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Stop being so silly, of course those guilds wouldn't move. They rely on a stable server to get their raiding material and in some patches, even gear.
    And, as I pointed out in an earlier post, most other raiding guilds do, as well. Indeed, that's the reason so many raiding guilds transfer to high population servers: Better economy + better pool of players = more guild stability.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Thing is, lets take practicability out of it for a second, tell me how you define your "enhanced players"

Don't get me wrong, I used to raid in a 25 man team and I pulled my weight and earned my spot on that team (TBC in a very casual guild + Wrath in a serious normal guild and first tier of cataclysm in a progress guild)

Now as I say I pulled my weight, but that didn't make me the best there and compared to other guilds, I would practically be a joke, e.g. heroic guilds. Now I'd love to have a server up and running which would require those old grinds, slow gearing and a sense of progression, but honestly I would expect to meet nothing but hate and elitists now. Mainly because each raid is available in 10 and 25, and because generally, each raid patch brings a alternative measure to getting gear quickly. The only way I could see it working, is going back to tbc style, gear would be harder to get and raids would be separated, not only by different sizes, but completely different difficulties and not a day worth of catch up from new heroics etc

Deleted
    fuck that we need 18+ servers where people have to provide proof before they can make a character.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree LFR is resembling a digital dinosaur with each passing patch and flex raids might've turned LFR into fossil fuel.
    Are you playing a different game from the rest of us? LFR participation is several times higher than all other raid difficulties combined. Flex has met or eclipsed Normal raiding according to Blizzard, but it's nowhere close to LFR participation. The vast majority of people who play this game, don't run normals or Flex. Especially now that for some reason several weeks after the patch, when Flex should be easier (through gearing) than it was at release, Flex pugs now usually have an ilevel requirement that keeps people out.

Love LFR or hate LFR, if Blizzard made LFR progression lag behind normal progression, or took LFR away entirely, it would get very ugly very fast. You can't give people something like LFR and then take it away or treat them like they're worth less than the hardcore players, no matter how much the hard core players think this is the case.

Anyway, OP's idea is a bad idea. It would be popular for a couple weeks, and then participation would drop off sharply. It's like how people were all excited about Blizzard making heroics "hard" (lol) for Cataclysm, and then whined that heroics were too hard despite not being nearly as hard as the BC heroics that people supposedly loved.

Enhanced server? Would be swamped with a ton on elite-wannabe's and people who think a server for the elite makes them elite. The real elite would be screaming bloody murder that all these people ruined their paradise.

LFR digital dino because of Flex? Try Normal mode becoming a digital dinosair because of Flex. There is no reason to maintain a level above flex and between Heroic in the next expansion. Flex will usurp the Normal raider. No longer will you have to bench anyone. No longer will you have to pug or not raid because you only have 8 people. Bye bye Normal mode.

If LFR was to be replaced by Flex (which I argue oqueue has already turned Flex into LFR) then why does everyone want ilevel 530 to go do flex mode that gives out ilevel 540 gear? You can't expect burdens alone to get you from ilevel 496 to 530. Not everyone gets a lucky drop. Burdens AND LFR? Yes, that will get you to flex mode.

Sorry to pop that bubble but normal raids days are numbered, Flex and Normal Raid will merge, flexible raid sizes with normal raid difficulty. You will never do away with LFR because some of the people in LFR would cause a group in Flex to wipe nonstop. If they were intended to join flex then flex's difficulty would have to be tuned lower, and people on low pop servers with faction inbalances would never get to see the content. LFR gives those people an in to the raiding content no matter what server they are on or what time of day they play at. Hard to find a raid group when you play at 3 am.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I would love to see the elitist raiders face when they log into this server the first day and find that they can't show off their gear because there are already 2000 guys blocking the mailbox and they are all wearing the same dress to the prom. How can you feel special if everyone has the same stuff?

"Hey man, check out this legendary sword!"
    "Yeah I got that one too."
    "Oh yeah!? Tier 16 baby!"
    "I got that too, you got tier 15 too?"
    "Yeah.... Legendary staff?"
    "I have three alts with it....."
    "...... I need to transfer servers..."

I'm all for an "enhanced" or "premium" server. I'd be willing to pay extra. But not for the 2 changes you mentioned. There would have to be way more changes for me to consider rerolling on a new server.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Enhanced server? Would be swamped with a ton on elite-wannabe's and people who think a server for the elite makes them elite. The real elite would be screaming bloody murder that all these people ruined their paradise.

LFR digital dino because of Flex? Try Normal mode becoming a digital dinosair because of Flex. There is no reason to maintain a level above flex and between Heroic in the next expansion. Flex will usurp the Normal raider. No longer will you have to bench anyone. No longer will you have to pug or not raid because you only have 8 people. Bye bye Normal mode.

If LFR was to be replaced by Flex (which I argue oqueue has already turned Flex into LFR) then why does everyone want ilevel 530 to go do flex mode that gives out ilevel 540 gear? You can't expect burdens alone to get you from ilevel 496 to 530. Not everyone gets a lucky drop. Burdens AND LFR? Yes, that will get you to flex mode.

Sorry to pop that bubble but normal raids days are numbered, Flex and Normal Raid will merge, flexible raid sizes with normal raid difficulty. You will never do away with LFR because some of the people in LFR would cause a group in Flex to wipe nonstop. If they were intended to join flex then flex's difficulty would have to be tuned lower, and people on low pop servers with faction inbalances would never get to see the content. LFR gives those people an in to the raiding content no matter what server they are on or what time of day they play at. Hard to find a raid group when you play at 3 am.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I would love to see the elitist raiders face when they log into this server the first day and find that they can't show off their gear because there are already 2000 guys blocking the mailbox and they are all wearing the same dress to the prom. How can you feel special if everyone has the same stuff?

"Hey man, check out this legendary sword!"
    "Yeah I got that one too."
    "Oh yeah!? Tier 16 baby!"
    "I got that too, you got tier 15 too?"
    "Yeah.... Legendary staff?"
    "I have three alts with it....."
    "...... I need to transfer servers..."
    Normal mode days numbered? LMFAO quit kidding yourself. that is a joke and you know it. Sorry but your desire is not even close to fact. Nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Blackmore View Post
    The kicker is that for people who are doing flex, normal or heroic raids, LFR is a non issue. And just look at who the people are that propose this kind of stupid stuff. These are people who have a hair up their ass about LFR (and some other things), so they continue to irritate the rest of us who just want to be left alone to discuss interesting things in peace.
    I completely agree, you have to assume that these players bashing LFR actually run LFR, but there isn't much incentive for most 'elite' players to actually do that, especially since you would have been clearing everything on normal from week 1 and the end of SoO was just released on LFR this week.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go for it.

A premium sub option to pay for it, say $25. For PVE: No LFR, No hardmodes, 1 difficulty level, Sunwell level challenge. For PvP: Rated pvp has a set ilvl automatically applied; Gear given is the same ilvl as PVE for World PVP.

For Both: Balancing patch every 4 weeks. No pussy ass "cant handle change" excuses. 1 patch a month on Premium, 1 every 3 months on Reg, which will also improve regular by weeding out bad changes.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I don't care one bit about LFR. But I would definitely play on a server that was tuned to be more difficult in ALL aspects of the game. Difficult questing and low level dungeons would be really fun IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pallyopness View Post
    Normal mode days numbered? LMFAO quit kidding yourself. that is a joke and you know it. Sorry but your desire is not even close to fact. Nice try.
    I'm pretty sure that is not his desire...unless I misread posts from other threads. But what he expects to happen....which I can see some merit to his points. I don't want it to happen. But I could see it happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is not his desire...unless I misread posts from other threads. But what he expects to happen....which I can see some merit to his points. I don't want it to happen. But I could see it happening.
    I think its the logical next step for Blizzard. Hard Mode is too far out of reach for most of the player base, Normal mode doesnt seem worth it over LFR due to both gear quality and sense of accomplishment, and iLVL inflation with this many tiers has been an issue, so split the difference, and have a kinda hard mode and LFR.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.